OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see the cold shoulder you guys saw. I saw an emotional non-custodial mom that if she took one deep breath may collapse, and I saw a very worried step mom that didn't want to be standing up there by herself while her husband spoke.
I saw a step father and a father who made a point of a very long hug for two men that was meant to (in my opinion) signal they are united.

Alot of people have said that. I feel the other way though. Yes both husbands IMO are united.

Reading all the pages and seeing the many frog avatars on behalf of little Kyron - I will be forever grateful he didn't do science project on spiders. moo

That totally made me laugh!
Thank you for that!
I'm terrified of spiders.

Wasn't the talent show later in the afternoon and she does have another child as well. I would absoulutley prefer to stay home then drag a toddler out to something like that where he is going to be bored and frustrated.

I have taken 4 children to school events for a 5th child. Just my own experience.

Well I didn't catch much because I was running around trying to find the right link. I was expecting a presser to come on and instead it was news, so I thought I was at the wrong site. They re-capped the appearance of the family from earlier and showed some maps of where the school is and the rock quarry.

Not everyone loves to go to all their kids stuff, but you do go to support them and to show them love, even if it is inconvenient. I dragged my toddler to hours upon hours of karate practices. :) But a talent show? Should totally go if you can. That's special.

I hate it when people ask for things that have been posted, but I put Cornelius Road into the search function, and there are too many pages to search.

What is their address? I know it's been posted.

I am wondering what other homes are by there. I can look on Zillow.

I am also wondering if the road is curvy , so the bus driver wouldn't see someone flag him down.

I am not sure that a bus driver would see someone flag him down if he went past. They have too many things to be thinking about and watching, I feel.

I am not saying anything about anyone. I am just trying to figure out what it looks like there.

Gathering impressions.

What I find strange is that nothing is actually being said and people aren't being asked to do anything. The dads/stepdads are talking directly to little Kyron--he is likely not in a place where he is watching them on TV.

So this presser is for whose benefit? I guess the media, but nothing was really said, nothing was answered, no information on what police think is mentioned, no talk of abduction, ransom, etc. No questions are really being answered either.

This is unlike just about every other missing child case I can think of, in terms of there being no info and everything is being hidden/not discussed.

Probably for the abductor,is there is one,to see Kyron has a family who loves him and hopefully the abductor will see Kyron has a good life.The artwork,photos,now the parents grieving and all the searchers from all over.Even with the stepdad speaking for them,the abductor will see he's a police officer.And they all won't back down till they find him.

Cookies?! :D
I am just thinking out loud, while my cookies bake...
<snip>
But the fact that no one is calling for anyone to return this child, makes me think that LE is looking at/for a lost child or looking for a body.
OK, going with that.. why would they not want to say so?

What I find strange is that nothing is actually being said and people aren't being asked to do anything. The dads/stepdads are talking directly to little Kyron--he is likely not in a place where he is watching them on TV.

So this presser is for whose benefit? I guess the media, but nothing was really said, nothing was answered, no information on what police think is mentioned, no talk of abduction, ransom, etc. No questions are really being answered either.

This is unlike just about every other missing child case I can think of, in terms of there being no info and everything is being hidden/not discussed.
And very different from other high profile search cases, at least here in Portland, previously.

Again, I like the 'he's with someone he knows' theory, but why the extensive search so close in?

Who are they speaking to in the PCs?
Why is the language so different from other, similar cases?
Why is LE reluctant to give up on *any* possibilities? IE, eliminate some track or other by this point.

I find it so hard to believe they have zero idea about what really happened.

They were waiting for the bus and probably flagged the driver down when they saw the bus wasn't going to stop.

Or maybe the bus driver stopped because he saw them standing by the curb waiting for the bus....

"Please search your properties, your cars your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property."

I found this entire statement very weird. At the time they came out with this statement, we were all being told by LE that the think this is an "isolated" case, meaning to me anyway that they do not suspect someone who has done this sort of thing before; abducted a child. And there was a this point no evidence whatsoever that Kyron was abducted, yet they are asking people to search their cars, outbuildings and sheds?

This is Oregon folks, and area's like where Kyron's school is located surrounded by forest and heavy green growth and wild himalayan blackberries are EVERYWHERE. This state grows trees for a living, like Iowa grows corn. With a short drive in just about any direction you can be in a forest so dark it looks like night time. If Kyron WAS abducted, and heaven forbid murdered, there would be little reason to keep his body on your property. Who ever took him, if he was abducted, had a whole long time before he was even reported missing to dispose of a body. (And God I'm praying he's still alive somewhere, because it is darn easy to get lost in those forests too!)

So, I keep asking myself, why are they searching so near and why looking in the neighbors' cars, sheds, etc.? That statement made no sense to me and makes less the more I think about it. Anyone else have an idea what would cause LE to say that? And if your friend or neighbor was "on vacation" well, then they couldn't have taken Kyron, so why search their properties? Do we think they suspect someone from the neighborhood?

My daughter's bus driver would totally stop if he saw us...maybe he missed her getting on the bus...concern of why I'm standing there if she isn't on the bus.

We also know him personally. Small town.

We have also had a sub bus driver and he passed up our house...only to turn around when my daughter spoke up...HEY you missed my house. LOL

Or maybe the bus driver stopped because he saw them standing by the curb waiting for the bus....

People can be standing by their driveway for any reason. I don't think a bus driver would stop for that reason, or they could be stopping all day long.

The only reasonable explanation is that another child gets off there as well.

(BBM)
1. I have nothing to say about the vid of the family. People are wrong no matter which way they analyze.

2. I am wondering about the school bus drop-off that was initially brought up yesterday by another poster.

I, too, live out in the country in another state. My children were dropped off at my house when in elementary school. When in junior high, they were dropped off at a drop off spot and had to walk to my house about 1/2 mile away.

When my oldest child was in JR high, a friend's child was kidnapped (never to be seen again, but at night and 150 miles from me), I changed every child's school situation, even though my oldest was in jr. high, that they went to a baby sitter , my parent's house, or to a friend's house after school as I worked.

The bus would not stop at my house if my children were not on the school bus. There would be no reason to.

I am wondering if another child lived where the bus would drop off Kyron ( which I would assume would be at his house at that age, but then maybe not)

Otherwise, why would the bus stop?

The bus certainly wouldn't stop to talk to a parent. The driver would just drive on by.

3. If kyron is in the woods alone, he could not be alive, I feel.

We have had rain here the last couple of days, and even sheltered under pine trees, the rain and wind would cause hypothermia.

4. If it's not an abduction and he didn't wander, what is it? Seriously, can anyway hint to me without TOS what it could be?

No reward money? Is it being implied that a family member made arrangements to meet Kyron and take him for some reason?

(RE: BBM ABOVE) I have to disagree with you on this. If a parent is standing at the bus stop, just as they normally do day-in and day-out and the bus driver notices them, he/she will stop. I can recall when my son was in elementary school and he accidentally got on the wrong bus. I was standing at the bus stop, which was the end of my driveway - we lived on a rural country road and the bus stopped at each child's house to pick them up and drop them off - The bus driver, per/usual put his flashers on, stopped, opened the door and told me that my son never got on the bus. He told me to call the bus garage office (where the buses are parked) and let them know so they could check with the other drivers - sure enough, they found him! I can't imagine a school bus driver just driving by a parent without stopping.

"Please search your properties, your cars your outbuildings, your sheds. Also check with your neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need assistance to search their property."

I found this entire statement very weird. At the time they came out with this statement, we were all being told by LE that the think this is an "isolated" case, meaning to me anyway that they do not suspect someone who has done this sort of thing before; abducted a child. And there was a this point no evidence whatsoever that Kyron was abducted, yet they are asking people to search their cars, outbuildings and sheds?

This is Oregon folks, and area's like where Kyron's school is located surrounded by forest and heavy green growth and wild himalayan blackberries are EVERYWHERE. This state grows trees for a living, like Iowa grows corn. With a short drive in just about any direction you can be in a forest so dark it looks like night time. If Kyron WAS abducted, and heaven forbid murdered, there would be little reason to keep his body on your property. Who ever took him, if he was abducted, had a whole long time before he was even reported missing to dispose of a body. (And God I'm praying he's still alive somewhere, because it is darn easy to get lost in those forests too!)

So, I keep asking myself, why are they searching so near and why looking in the neighbors' cars, sheds, etc.? That statement made no sense to me and makes less the more I think about it. Anyone else have an idea what would cause LE to say that? And if your friend or neighbor was "on vacation" well, then they couldn't have taken Kyron, so why search their properties? Do we think they suspect someone from the neighborhood?

My take was that on these statements was IF little Kyron wondered off and was looking for shelter. He might hide in cars, or barns. Vacationing people wouldn't be home to even notice if he was there.

I have taken 4 children to school events for a 5th child. Just my own experience.

Not everyone loves to go to all their kids stuff, but you do go to support them and to show them love, even if it is inconvenient. I dragged my toddler to hours upon hours of karate practices. :) But a talent show? Should totally go if you can. That's special.

Perhaps the toddler was feeling sick.
Perhaps the toddler screams at those types of things without a nap.
Perhaps SM just didn't want to go because she had went to science fair.
Whatever the reason I do not see the relevance.
I have missed events that my children have done but that doesn't mean I did not care or wasn't a loving parent. She also is not the only parent.

huh so step dad is a police officer and works with k-9 and is a detective
I wonder if this is a kidnapping as some sort of payback?

I think that's a very real possibility. And if it's a possibility that LE is seriously considering, it could also explain their rather extreme reticence about the case. Don't want to be giving this or many other potential perps any ideas for how to get back at LEOs they've got a grudge against.

Perhaps the toddler was feeling sick.
Perhaps the toddler screams at those types of things without a nap.
Perhaps SM just didn't want to go because she had went to science fair.
Whatever the reason I do not see the relevance.
I have missed events that my children have done but that doesn't mean I did not care or wasn't a loving parent. She also is not the only parent.

Thus the last sentence "just my own experience."

People can be standing by their driveway for any reason. I don't think a bus driver would stop for that reason, or they could be stopping all day long.

The only reasonable explanation is that another child gets off there as well.

I disagree. I believe that if a bus driver saw the parents of a child he normally drops off standing by the curb looking like they are waiting for the bus he would stop.

Ruby, I'm not saying she wasn't a loving parent just because she missed the talent show. I was just arguing the point that even though it's difficult, it's important. Doesn't mean you don't adore your children if you don't make it to something, though.

My take was that on these statements was IF little Kyron wondered off and was looking for shelter. He might hide in cars, or barns. Vacationing people wouldn't be home to even notice if he was there.

I keep thinking that whoever has him has been told "Just let him go" - and he's tired and confused, maybe drugged?? I don't know, but he might just crawl into something that is warmer than outside if he doesn't know where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668