OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if a school bus driver normally has an awareness of exactly which kids are on the bus, unless it's a special ed bus or some other special situation. During the periods of my life when I rode any sort of school bus, the only ones where I think the driver would have been fully aware of exactly who was on the bus were both very atypical. One was a private school (in the US) that had teachers at the school serving as drivers, providing pick-up within sight of each child's front door, and driving vans rather than buses, because they were only transporting children who lived more or less on the teacher/driver's way to and from school, and the absence of any child would definitely have changed the route for that particular trip. The other was when I was attending a private school in a foreign country, where I was the very young child of a diplomat, and there were significant security concerns surrounding the issue of my riding the school bus -- the bus's entire route was designed to pick me up last in the morning and drop me off first in the afternoon (which I eventually learned involved going *way* of its normal route), to minimize the amount of time and distance that I was exposed to any risk (which could have posed a risk to the other children too). In that case, I'm sure the driver always knew whether or not *I* was on the bus, but not at all sure he would have known whether any particular one of the other kids were absent on a given day.

But for an ordinary everyday school bus route, with regular kids? Especially for the going-home leg of the trip, I would expect that a mob of kids just pile onto the bus in the afternoon, with teachers of the younger grades making sure each of the younger children gets on the bus if they're supposed to, and the driver simply leaving at the appointed time and stopping everywhere he normally stops unless someone specifically alerts him that a child who is the only one who gets off at a particular stop is absent that day. And even if this driver had been under the impression that Kyron wasn't on the bus that afternoon, I'm sure that when he saw a familiar parent waiting at the stop, he would stopped, thinking either that either he'd been mistaken in believing the child wasn't on board, or that the parent needed to tell him something.

I think because they live in a somewhat rural area (as do I) that there are not crowds of kids at every stop. Stops are further between and 1-3 kids usually at a stop. Most at the end of long driveways. Not the same as in town. Drivers know all the kids and where they live. Unlike picking them up at a corner where you have no idea.

From looking at Kyron and his big contagious smile, I really feel he probably makes friends pretty easily. I have been looking at the locations where they play their soccer games. And I have been looking at RSO's located near some of those locations. And yep there are some. I have a feeling that Kyron may have put his trust in the wrong person, someone who befriended him at an earlier time and perhaps knew his bus schedule, etc. Who knows, maybe they were waiting that day, but when Kyron didn't get on the bus that morning, they were forced to go to the school. I don't know, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me, that he knew whoever he went with, even if it was only in a casual acquaintance way. I won't post any more RSO's, one is only minutes away from a soccer field, as I'm awaiting a clarification on the posting of RSO's from the mods, and I don't want to go on another unintended hiatus. LOL

I can post the link to the soccer fields though, here they are, and I don't know which ones Kyron's team would or would not have played on, but when you click on the addresses it shows you where they are.

http://www.portlandyouthsoccer.com/home.php?layout=1035

I agree that is what I think too.

A school bus driver passing our house stopped and picked up my son because he had already missed his bus and she knew it went by before hers does everyday. Bus drivers are mom's and grandma's too! Our bus usually stops and honks if we are not outside and waits for me to wave them on if he is sick.

When my daughter was in Kindergarten ( my first child!) a million years ago, I would keep her in the house until the bus stopped as it was cold outside.

The driver finally told me that I could not do that. It then made the other children waiting out there wait even longer.

I do have to say that the bus drivers were always good that I had.

However, just as with teachers (of which I was one), not all bus drivers are that good.

In a town next to me, one was just arrested after many , many years of being a bus driver. He has been molesting girls for awhile (not tried yet, however)

For some years, I had morning and afternoon sessions for my classes. For one year, my assistant and I hated the bus driver. I have found that for of all of the sex offenders I have known, I have hated their personalities almost instantly.

He and his wife adopted 2 children that year.

A couple of years later he was arrested for molesting children on the bus and I imagine the children he adopted. He has been convicted.

I seen some posts about cell phones ping...did I miss something?

I hate it when people ask for things that have been posted, but I put Cornelius Road into the search function, and there are too many pages to search.

What is their address? I know it's been posted.

I am wondering what other homes are by there. I can look on Zillow.

I am also wondering if the road is curvy , so the bus driver wouldn't see someone flag him down.

I am not sure that a bus driver would see someone flag him down if he went past. They have too many things to be thinking about and watching, I feel.

I am not saying anything about anyone. I am just trying to figure out what it looks like there.

Gathering impressions.

Hi Human....

Heres a video of I believe of their street.

http://www.katu.com/news/96010359.html?tab=video

Respectfully snipped ~

pinkpuddytat - there is no "keep your heads in the sand" policy here. There is a policy to treat victims and their family members with respect. That means you can question, speculate and theorize things that are said in the mainstream media and actions that are done in public - BUT you must tie those things in to the missing child.

Hope that helps,
snipped
Salem

Thank you, Salem!

Because we have no confirmation that Kyron was seen by anyone after his stepmom left the school, because LE has termed this an "isolated incident" and say they have no evidence of an abduction, because LE has advised parents to not change their security behavior towards their children, because LE is staying with the stepmom and husband 24/7, because the parents have made no plea to a would-be abductor, because LE wants information on anything suspicious seen during Kyron and his stepmom's way to school, it looks to me as if LE is waiting to find Kyron before they arrest his stepmother. I've arrived at that speculation through my own analysis of the situation, and I realize that others may disagree.

The stepmom has an older son from a previous relationship, she is stepmom to Kyron that she has raised since he was an infant and she has a little girl with her Kyron's dad.

The biological mom as far as we know has only Kyron who she has not raised but visits on a regular basis.

The biological dad has Kyron and the little girl.

The stepdad...we don't know.

Is that right??

I'm trying to get this straight in my head...it seems like its not a lot of kids but a lot of parents!:abnormal:

not quite, Kyron's bio mom has two other kids. I read it here somewhere. This case has too many threads to go back and find it. I think it was in an article too.

I'm not understanding all this debate about bus stops and drivers...all because they said they spoke to the bus driver? I am sure they did, this is something easily verifiable by LE.

I'm just getting short-tempered I guess, sorry, will go away.

I was just trying to ascertain on the possible veracity of the bus drop-off story.

I guess I am being rude to your reply, but people bring up things on here all of the time that I have never thought of that makes me go HM?

And then other things are brought up that seem implausible to me. But people are just trying to figure things out.

I always was taught that there is no stupid question.

does anyone know why they have not released the 911 call?

Good question! I have no idea why they wouldn't release that call - except, maybe the media or the public haven't requested it. moo

I seen some posts about cell phones ping...did I miss something?

I think 'cell pings' are just a speculation as to why certain areas have been searched. Nothing confirmed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ruby, I'm not saying she wasn't a loving parent just because she missed the talent show. I was just arguing the point that even though it's difficult, it's important. Doesn't mean you don't adore your children if you don't make it to something, though.

The talent shows during school hours are generally for the other students. Parents are typically invited to an evening event. So maybe she didn't go because her son went missing.

Does anyone remember that case where the little girl was kidnapped right at the end of a CHristmas party at the church? She just walked off with the perp without anyone noticing at all. She was right there with her mother talking to some people and then when the mother turned around to get the girl to go home, she had vanished.

This remind me of that because the little girl was in plain view but no one really noticed because there was nothing remarkable about her being there. The perp was also a familiar face (the janitor perhaps? cannot recall) and so no one noticed him either because he did not seem out of place. They just walked out together and no one was the wiser. He murdered her and IIRC, it was solved through forensics.

Perhaps the toddler was feeling sick.
Perhaps the toddler screams at those types of things without a nap.
Perhaps SM just didn't want to go because she had went to science fair.
Whatever the reason I do not see the relevance.
I have missed events that my children have done but that doesn't mean I did not care or wasn't a loving parent. She also is not the only parent.

Speaking of the toddler daughter I never have heard where she was the morning SM took Kyron to school.

Thank you, Salem!

Because we have no confirmation that Kyron was seen by anyone after his stepmom left the school, because LE has termed this an "isolated incident" and say they have no evidence of an abduction, because LE has advised parents to not change their security behavior towards their children, because LE is staying with the stepmom and husband 24/7, because the parents have made no plea to a would-be abductor, because LE wants information on anything suspicious seen during Kyron and his stepmom's way to school, it looks to me as if LE is waiting to find Kyron before they arrest his stepmother. I've arrived at that speculation through my own analysis of the situation, and I realize that others may disagree.

bbm

I must have missed this article, do you know where I can find it. Thx

I was just trying to ascertain on the possible veracity of the bus drop-off story.

I guess I am being rude to your reply, but people bring up things on here all of the time that I have never thought of that makes me go HM?

And then other things are brought up that seem implausible to me. But people are just trying to figure things out.

I always was taught that there is no stupid question.

I have read that the driver stopped and said he was not there and then the BUS DRIVER called the school who reported that he had been absent all day. Then mom ran back home and called 911.

Does anyone remember that case where the little girl was kidnapped right at the end of a CHristmas party at the church? She just walked off with the perp without anyone noticing at all. She was right there with her mother talking to some people and then when the mother turned around to get the girl to go home, she had vanished.

This remind me of that because the little girl was in plain view but no one really noticed because there was nothing remarkable about her being there. The perp was also a familiar face (the janitor perhaps? cannot recall) and so no one noticed him either because he did not seem out of place. They just walked out together and no one was the wiser. He murdered her and IIRC, it was solved through forensics.

Yes I remember that case. Wasn't she wearing a rabbit coat or something and they found the fibers in subjects car? She was found deceased.

The talent shows during school hours are generally for the other students. Parents are typically invited to an evening event. So maybe she didn't go because her son went missing.

my daughter's school is having a talent show this coming tuesday in the afternoon - all parents are invited.
At the beginning of the year, my daughter would have done anything to avoid being on stage to perform. (I have pictures of her as "Mary" @ Christmas with her back turned to the audience) Now she can't wait to sing for the whole school.

My theory is that someone he knew lured him away to not have to do the talent show, but for more nefarious reasons. I don't think it's an older kid, I think it's an adult who knows one of the parents. I think it was never supposed to get out, and that's the only reason for the press conferences, because it did get out, so the police are just trying to contain it. My own imagination says they have taunted the parents "I don't think you really miss him." that's why the plea today. I just can't figure out if it's the dad or step dad that the person knows....

If it had anything to do with the Mexican mafia as revenge to the step dad, they would have found a body by now.

I sorta remember this case, I believe Forensic Files or Cold Case Files did an episode about that.

May I respectfully ask where the baby was during the time that SM took Kyron to school? I'm not accusing, insinuating, criticizing, blaming, etc. I was 'spanked' a few days ago for including that question among a couple of others, presumably b/c it involves a minor, but I have never heard if she was along for the ride or with a babysitter or whatever and I'm simply asking a question out of pure curiosity. Is that okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme