OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nellie! Thank you for joining us at WS! I only wish it was under better circumstances! :(

:seeya: from another person somewhere in the Willamette Valley. :D

Hi, I am following this story and just wanted to post my prayers and wishes for this little guy. So many people thinking of you Kyron. Please find your way home!
what a sweet first post, betta blue! and welcome to websleuths! my advice to you? load up!! buckle up!! and try to keep up!!

This may of been brought up before but are there any pics of Kyron without his glasses? I didn't see any in the albums but maybe I missed it. Some kids look really different without their glasses and if he has been abducted and is still alive, you would think the glasses would be ditched right away if they were seen in public. Everyone is looking for a child with glasses. I just think getting a pic of him without his glasses out there would be helpful if there is one.

Wow, what a coincidence!

It's funny though that in my case there was a rumor that I was sent away that year because I was pregnant and the family was trying to hide the fact, lol. I came home for most holidays, though, so that rumor was eventually tossed out when I wasn't showing any baby bumps anytime I came home and spent time with my friends. Due to that fact I can see how something innocent can be turned into something negative.

I think you make a good point in a way, anything can be turned into a negative. Also, the other point is, NO family, no matter what facade they present to others, is "all that". Every family has troubles, and always have. That doesn't mean they murdered anyone, then again, it doesn't mean they didn't. The point being - no one knows what really happens inside families, sometimes not even the family members themselves. Relationships are very convoluted things.

I had an ex-husband ask me once if I trusted myself. In all honesty, I had to answer NO. He admitted he didn't trust himself either. I believe no one really knows what they are capable of until pushed into a corner.

On KOIN's website they have a poll about the amount of coverage this story is getting and 45% have voted that it is getting too much coverage...

On KOIN's website they have a poll about the amount of coverage this story is getting and 45% hav voted that it is getting too much coverage...

All of those 45% who said it is getting too much coverage would feel very differently if it were their child missing.

On KOIN's website they have a poll about the amount of coverage this story is getting and 45% hav voted that it is getting too much coverage...

Situations like this are so difficult. While it's nice to see a missing child get attention, it must also be disturbing for the people who's missing child gets no attention at all. Why call out the FBI and National Guard for one missing child and not all?

I don't know why some get so much and some get so little (or none at all). It would be an interesting dissertation topic for someone.

This may of been brought up before but are there any pics of Kyron without his glasses? I didn't see any in the albums but maybe I missed it. Some kids look really different without their glasses and if he has been abducted and is still alive, you would think the glasses would be ditched right away if they were seen in public. Everyone is looking for a child with glasses. I just think getting a pic of him without his glasses out there would be helpful if there is one.

This is the only one I've found. Not a full face view, so no value really.

kyron2009.jpg

I have been on top of this case since it broke. I had to take a couple of days off because I was just emotionally spent. Of course, now that leaves me very much behind. I am heartbroken that Kyron has not been found! This case has felt personal for me for some reason. I don't know how I will handle it if Kyron is never found or found deceased. With that said, how does his family feel?? I don't even know this kid; and, I feel like he is one of my own.

Continuing here w/ frequent prayers. Please come home safely Kyron!!

By the off chance that he has been abducted and the person responsible is reading this ... PLEASE bring Kyron home!! PLEASE do not harm him!! If you are afraid just drop him off at a shopping center or something where he can be found and brought home.

Situations like this are so difficult. While it's nice to see a missing child get attention, it must also be disturbing for the people who's missing child gets no attention at all. Why call out the FBI and National Guard for one missing child and not all?

I don't know why some get so much and some get so little (or none at all). It would be an interesting dissertation topic for someone.

I have come across comments, etc about the seeming unfairness of which child gets this type of 24/7 coverage and LE resources and it does not always seem fair to me...but no LE department wants to become another of those who could not find the missing child in their community, i.e. Lindsey, Haleigh, and others...and LE can't help which stories the media chooses to cover nationwide...I think in this case, the frustration of the locals may be due to the total lack of info they are getting in spite of the blitz coverage...

On KOIN's website they have a poll about the amount of coverage this story is getting and 45% have voted that it is getting too much coverage...

That is very disturbing!! This is an innocent child that is missing and in danger!! The stations could run coverage 24/7 and it would NOT be enough until he is found and brought home safely!!!

What selfish, self-centered people! If they don't like it tell them to pop in a DVD or change the station to another one of the mindless rerun channels.:furious:

I have come across comments, etc about the seeming unfairness of which child gets this type of 24/7 coverage and LE resources and it does not always seem fair to me...but no LE department wants to become another of those who could not find the missing child in their community, i.e. Lindsey, Haleigh, and others...and LE can't help which stories the media chooses to cover nationwide...I think in this case, the frustration of the locals may be due to the total lack of info they are getting in spite of the blitz coverage...

All kids should get equal coverage. I don't know why it does not happen. I can agree w/ the statement that everyone is very frustrated w/ the lack of information being given. I have been frustrated myself over LE hold pressers only to say nothing; but, at least it keeps Kyron and his photo front and center!

Originally Posted by cluciano63

IMO, when a child is missing, there IS no such thing as 'too much coverage'.

Nothing of substance but just narrowing my thoughts. Maybe someone can spin off of my thoughts and come up with another scenario/

By looking at the pics from the science fair it seems that they actually may be grouped by catergories?? Kyron's tree frog, his friend is also doing the tree frog and it seems the one set up next to Kyron's is some sort of..turtle? frog? Im thinking more of a turtle but I dont have the imaging capabilities to be sure.

That being said, he was last seen going to visit some displays on electricity. Electricity projects can be done from various standpoints..home use, commercial use, various types, linemen and their jobs...

Linemen have been known to drive white vehicles...

suspicious white truck in the area

SM's dad drives a white truck

Is step brother living with SM's parents?

Did step brother ever live with his mom or siblings? When did he go to live with grandparents (maternal or paternal)? Could he have possible have had issues with his younger siblings? *I understand he is a minor and no sleuthing

Searching the highlines..(although I know this has a different meaning to some, maybe it has to do with electricity??)

All of those 45% who said it is getting too much coverage would feel very differently if it were their child missing.

Isn't that the truth - when it happens to your child, it's 100% and there is no quibbling over decimal points. moo

I tend to think that the science projects in Kyron's classroom were done by other students in his class. I also tend to think that Kyron's class were given a few options on what they could do their project on. For example, maybe they spent a month on frogs as science cirriculum, so frogs was an option for the science projects. JMO

I'm sort of amazed at how many opinions/questions members are getting on the threads by saying - oh, if it isn't right, the mods will delete it! OR, I know we aren't supposed to sleuth minors, but I'm just asking! Why all the games? If there is any question why put it up at all? Why not check with the mods first? MOO MHO and all that stuff!

ETA: Here is a link of all the mods and ways to reach each one - please, our mods are excellent and therefore, very busy. Quit the game playing!!! moo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member