OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday during the press conference when the family spoke LE had asked for questions from the media and said he would answer them at a later time. Probably what's going on here.
But, wouldn't reporters be asking relevant questions; questions about the investigation? My guess, when they allowed questions to be emailed to them for later (very strange) they were setting up a situation where they could say they allowed questions to be sent in, yet they choose the inane ones, ones that are meaningless as far as what is really going on with the investigation.

(Thanks PDX for the transcription)

Was Kyron in a good mood the AM he disappeared?
He was very excited about his diorama that he & his DAD have been working on. Kyron did a lot of it himself.

Bzzzt. Wrong. The stepmother claimed that she had helped him do it. Said she told him where to put things and that she laminated the project. Again, who knows.

Yesh.... that's why I pulled that...
WOW! You must be a super fast typist! One note: the dog lives in Medford.

Thanks, I think I'm the suck at it.. hate to secretary meetings. Please, everyone feel free to fill in.. I missed a couple of things.
Sorry it was so long, and thanks for the info about the canine (lol).
So, SM's parents live in Roseburg. With SM's older son, the dog and maybe a horse. Yet grandma (this woman) knew all the deets about the diorama? I think she was repeating/paraphrasing.

Are you serious? Did they say this??
Oh come one...:(

Twice I recall hearing Olsen (SAR) say that yes they feel they've advanced because they know where he is NOT.

I'd laugh if this wasn't so tragic....how these people call themselves "reporters" is stunning!! I've never seen the media act this way.

Hi everyone- I've been following the Kyron story, but this is my first post. I just can't get this little guy off my mind. I really hope he is found soon..poor baby. :(

My thought in this press conference- they are trying to "humainize" him..possibly to his abductor.

That was my first thought also.... but, then I was also thinking- saying he wants to be a cop when he grows up might not endear him to someone breaking the law....

I would hate to believe that LE knows the truth and are still allowing people to volunteer their time, hard earned money, etc.

I had wondered if that's why they asked for a stop to the donations. I've never heard of that being done before. IMO

it's all very nice to know these things about Kyron...but how does it help in finding him?
perhaps knowing more about these children that go missing can help us find some clue as to how they may have reacted to an abductor, or where they might be if they are on their own.
More importantly, perhaps personalizing him to the public will reach one single perp in such a way that he or she may release a child if held captive.
It may motivate someone to get off their couch and go look when they see this little boy as someone they know or a lot like their own child.
IMO, the more we know about the missing child the better.

I would hate to believe that LE knows the truth and are still allowing people to volunteer their time, hard earned money, etc.
I agree with you. Could be why they have asked that people no longer donate. Just a guess.

They may know the truth, but they would still need to find Kyron. (By "know," I mean suspect.)

Oh, my. They really don't have a clue what happened to little Kyron. They've already been searching the same 2 1/2 mile radius patch of ground for 9 days and their only plan is to just keep doing it?

A few days ago I was believing they knew something we didn't and they just weren't telling us. I'm beginning to believe they don't know anything at all.

Q: Do you feel like you're closer to finding Kyron?

A: Absolutely, Absolutely.

Q: Why

A: Because we know where he is not so that means that we're closer to where he is.

=/

Uh oh, they must think he's staying in one spot, not moving around. Doesn't sound encouraging to me.

First part of this presser seemed to be all info about the family. Does LE need to be spending time defending the family? Really?

methinksthoudostprotest2much

Well, I for one, am hoping this is a rumor!

WHO the h*ll is going to be worried about picking up a project when their son is missing???????

The rumor was that she emailed the teacher during the day to ask about picking up the project, BEFORE he was found to be missing. If it is true, and the teacher never got back to SM, she may have figured she would just pick it up the next week.

Refused to let them search their property....WHAT.

That is heartbreaking to me. Shame on you!! Karma!

I think this PC showed only that LE is clueless in this case. They had to divert attention to Kyron as a person, because they had no place else to go. I'll bet there were lots of other questions submitted by media, but they chose not to answer them because they cannot. They do not want to have to explain why the big search did not come for 4-5 days into the investigation.

I have never believed they were speaking to an abductor through their press conferences, at least not knowingly. I think they do not have any idea whether or not he was taken and are doing this kind of a PC to kind of cover it all, once again...just in case...I am feeling really hopeless for this child. And it does sound like this guy doing the PC is too close to the family, IMO...

A reporter said we haven't found out any news about this since Friday night. The woman in the presser said oh yes we have, we know where he isn't. (paraphrased)

:waitasec:

Again... why I didn't go into photo journalism... if I had been at that press conference...

"Yes, we also know where Haleigh Cummings isn't, where Stacey Peterson isn't and where Natalee Holloway isn't.

See how well that has worked for Florida, Illinois and Aruban authorities?" :banghead:

In everywhere they searched.There wasn't a trace of him anywhere?Scent,clothes,shoes,Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member