OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE told them to go about their business to see if they would.

Distraught parents do not go about their business when their child is missing! I can't sleep or eat when my cat is missing for more than an hour. I can barely imagine what it must be like to have a child missing. Hit the gym? Sleep in clean sheets? What???

I'm the same, Eliza! I lost my arm accessory (my cat who is always on my arm on the arm of the couch) one time. I was sure he had snuck out the door when I went out.

Searched for him for FOUR hours. So sick that I threw up. We have coyotes and hawks here and the thought of my baby being outside over night...made me sick.

I finally found the mouser in a basket on the second floor of the house. He'd no doubt heard me call, but his nap was more important than my despair. Rrrowr.

Thanks, Mom... I looked there... did you have to go to a live video page? I couldn't find anything that looked live.

I'll be watching for a vid to be posted. Thanks to everyone who transcribed it for us.

Yes, now that you mention it, I had to click on a banner across the top of the page to watch it live.

I'm sorry, has there been a break in the case? I'm trying to catch up here.. TIA
It is now a criminal investigation. SAR from other areas are being sent home. LE is now talking up the reward. They want videos from around specific areas (can't remember some) and from the school from the Thursday and Friday of disappearance.

LE told them to go about their business to see if they would.

Distraught parents do not go about their business when their child is missing! I can't sleep or eat when my cat is missing for more than an hour. I can barely imagine what it must be like to have a child missing. Hit the gym? Sleep in clean sheets? What???

I've posted this before, and I guess I will again...

after working for over 25 years with people during the most stressful times of their lives and in all stages of grief I can assure you there is no "normal".

There wasn't more that 3 photos of "someone" in this photo album of 80+ pictures until last week. Photos were added last week.

not to get into facebook info.. but since the albums are still public...

they did actually have easter egg dying, egg hunt, christmas and pictures with grandpa, bowling etc that had comments on them from before june. So I took that to mean they were up before he went missing. I could be wrong, though

Usually with a confession you have a body very quickly recovered so I'm thinking not yet.

But, I'll bet there will be one.

Yes, and I think many people are going to be shocked by who makes that confession.

Unfortunately, I had to run out and missed the presser -- anyone have a link to it? TIA!

Has anyone found a link to photos of the two maps from the presser?

There wasn't more that 3 photos of "someone" in this photo album of 80+ pictures until last week. Photos were added last week.

I found that same info, Pensfan! I just really hope & pray she wasn't involved. Maybe it was somebody from school...a sub, another student, a parent or guest that came in for the science fair...anybody else...

I think if something of his was found they would continue searching in order to find more of it.

It seems they no longer think he is in that area (or ever was). If they did, they would convert to a recovery operation for at least a few days in order to recover his body. To abandon the search entirely tells me the scale has been tipped so far in favor of criminal action they can no longer ignore it.

What tipped the scale that far, I don't know. But I think someone is really beginning to sweat now.

Hate typing this. Like someone earlier said, maybe a shoe washed up on the shore of the river, and they're now just waiting for the body to wash up.

It is now a criminal investigation. SAR from other areas are being sent home. LE is now talking up the reward. They want videos from around specific areas (can't remember some) and the school from the Thursday and Friday of disappearance.

BBM

Thanks. I saw that. Just wondering how we got from that to the none-too-subtle "someone could harm a child whose safety is entrusted to him or her".

I'm the same, Eliza! I lost my arm accessory (my cat who is always on my arm on the arm of the couch) one time. I was sure he had snuck out the door when I went out.

Searched for him for FOUR hours. So sick that I threw up. We have coyotes and hawks here and the thought of my baby being outside over night...made me sick.

I finally found the mouser in a basket on the second floor of the house. He'd no doubt heard me call, but his nap was more important than my despair. Rrrowr.
The FBI was "profiling" their actions. They gave them permission to do "anything" they wanted to do and so the family members did......and it was seemed inappropriate to many.

I've noticed from the Haleigh Cummings case, where LE didn't give any info, there was/is no resolution. In the Caylee Anthony case, where it all hung out, they got a body and a perp.

Tell it like it is and let the public in. If you don't, I believe you get cold cases and murderers get away with it.

This would be a good statistical study, does anyone know of one?

I don't think the release of the information in Caylee Anthony case has any bearing whatsoever on the arrest. zero. She has been incustody for a long long time and well before the abdundance of information was revealed.
Moreover,imo, it remains to be seen if all that release of information will be hindrance to a conviction.
Double moreover, I think so many people had personal information revealed that thye will all think twice about assisting in an investigation where their anonymity is not protected. but that is another topic altogether!

They were showing the media the maps after the pc ended. Did I hear LE say "pings"???

Yes, because there is one and because within minutes he disappeared - apparently off the face of the earth.

And because according to reports in the paper (should I copy a link to it?) his stepmom posted it to her fb page that day around lunch time.

My opinion is that if reports are correct in that she had only two pictures of him on her fb collection until that, I find it odd. Just my opinion, as I said.

100% wrong that she only had 2 pictures until them. She has albums and albums with tons of pics. Only two albums are public to all.

I have a few screen shots, but they are not so clear
2lsy70z.jpg

2po4cpy.jpg

2mcvfae.jpg

2d85n9e.jpg

If I had a marijuana grow operation, if I knew that I was not involved in any way with Kyron's disappearance and if I had already checked my property myself... well, it might be difficult for me to set aside my right to privacy. After all, I'd have something I really must hide from LE and I would know that allowing LE onto my property would not contribute any information to the search.

Yes, folks, this is yet another problem with the "war on drugs." People who may have a couple pot plants out in the garage become unwilling to cooperate with LE in any way because the consequences of doing so can be catastrophic.

Law enforcement is doing the right thing, in my opinion, by telling people they are setting aside anything irrelevant to the search. I only hope that property owners can find the courage to trust LE on this.

Imo, it's not about drugs.
It's about my right as the Constitution of the United States declares, in the 4th amendment.
I respect LE greatly.
but they aren't welcome on my property
unless I call them for help.

I feel I am smart enough to check my own
property out, and they should trust that I did,
if I say I did and found nothing.
If they don't trust me, why should I trust them, kind of thing?
kwim?

ETA; I don't do drugs, and there is nothing illegal on my property.
I've changed all the "we" to "me" so as not to offend those who
prefer to throw away their 4th amendment rights.
or believe there is such a thing as a West Coast Independent Spirit. :)

Among other odd things...

Hi Eliza,
If you feel comfortable in doing so,could you please share what those things are ? I really am very interested in the photo.....
I originally believed that Kyron was abducted,then changed my opinion to that of his having wandered of. But, since this is now a criminal investigation, and given the sombre tone of this PC, I believe Kyron was taken.

A poster mentioned the Surenos, but they or their girlfriends would stand out in an environment like the school. IMO

One of my first reactions was that this child was taken by a current/former babysitter, who might have been accompanied by her boyfriend. That is one scenario that I find possible.Hope the FBI has sat down with them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo