OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sidley! Welcome to Websleuths!

We have so many newbies that have come together for Kyron! I have probably missed some of you! I thank you all for joining in behalf of our dear little Kyron! :grouphug:

Absolutely Bern!

You're right - that would make the Perfect Storm for a perp who just happened to lure the very kid the teachers did not expect back in the classroom. A perp that won the lottery that day. I just started to think about the odds and got all mathy on myself. LOL.

But, to your Perfect Storm we could add a separated from his class/wandering around school Kyron. In the wrong place & time at the Electricity exhibits. Forgetting something from the car and running out to retrieve it. Helping someone out by carrying stuff in. We don't know.

I have to believe that LE long ago examined this communication and the understandings in the minds of both teacher and parent because that breach is so important. They also examined Kyron's mind as well (profile).

On the basis of those same interviews (and others) there was a reason LE launched the SAR mission & issued missing & endangered status for a week.

Something new has come to light and now we have a criminal investigation. But still no warning issued for a predator on the loose...

What came to light? Evidence? Interview inconsistencies? Is the changed direction due to post-interview fact-checking that did not add up? Did the right tip finally come in?

I guess I'm in a math mood today, Bern. Exercising my woman's prerogative, that could change tomorrow. :)

I really don't think anything definite has come to light but reality has set in for LE.

They have looked everywhere humanly possible for Kryon for 10 days. They know from their medical experts that a child his age and weight cannot survive beyond that in this terrain and weather conditions.

So in the last couple of days they have probably been expecting to find Kyron deceased. When he was not find anwhere after 10 days alive or deceased anywhere between his school and home they had to go with phase two and consider his disappearance as being of a criminal nature.

I think this investigation is going to take a long time and unless they get lucky break one day what happened to Kyron may never be known.

If LE had learned something today they would have loved to tell the public they have a suspect instead of having to tell the media that they have scaled back the searches for Kyron.

They may have some promising leads but imo they have no suspect and I doubt they even know his/her name or their whereabouts at this time.

IMO

Welcome to WS, bernie40!
(Dang, I'm getting good at this. Next stop=Welcome to Walmart!.....hehe)

Puf, we must be in the same region as that's what we have here, too. Ick.

Below the Mason Dixon here. Hurricane Alley. :)

Story about those obnoxious things. Two friends of mine were riding backroads one late afternoon, chilling out, listening to music--and there was a buzzard in the road... it didn't get out of the road until too late, and when they hit it, it bounced up and around the car and vomited into the vehicle.

That is one of the funniest stories I recall from my teen years... sorry to go off topic, but buzzards are a fact of life here. And they play a role as all scavengers do, I suppose.

Hmmm, I usually agree with you 99% of the time Puff, but I don't think she was involved or 'in' on his murder. I think she had to leave school for a pre-arranged reason of some sort, flaked it off and let the parent stand-in take over.

But I am now thinking there were at least 2 people involved in Kyron's disappearance and death and have a strong feeling it was murder for hire. Y'all might think I'm crazy. I just don't think the teacher knew about it. xox IMO

ETA: OK, I just read the post above and could be wrong about the teacher. Heavens, I think we're getting pretty involved without a POI being named.

I too am leaning toward thinking there were 2 people involved, but not the "for hire" part

JMOO

I am a teacher of 30+ years experience, and I doubt this is the way it transpired unless school personnel would lie about it. As the teacher in a case where my student disappeared, and if I was being interviewd by my supervisors and LE about it, I believe I would be honest and forthcoming about how I came to notice and then mark that particular student absent that day. If I had dropped the ball and did not have verification, my negligence would be certainly be revealed and I think I would be relieved of my classroom as the investigation continued. Apparently that has not happened here. Teacher remains in her classroom to finish out the year and help those poor students try to make sense of a senseless situation, while she herself is no doubt devastated.

No, from what I know so far, it seems school personnel have not been blamed by any authorities as having been negligent in any way.

I wasn't talking about the teacher being dishonest or dropping the ball. I was taking the view that she could have been told something by someone she trusted that was less than honest. And what that person said, made his absence make sense to the teacher and she marked him absent. Nothing raised the teachers alarm to check to see what she was told was true. I think it's entirely possible that the teacher didn't drop the ball at all.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/investigator-on-ore-boy-kyron-horman-missing-seems-strange

snipped from article:

It should be noted that neither Turco nor Jensen are involved in Kyron's case -- they are only speculating based on their years of experience.

Comment by me:

Since neither Turco nor Jensen are involved in Kyron's case, and neither are privy to inside info or any possible evidence that LE might have, as far as I'm concerned, what Turco & Jensen have to offer is OPINION, as the article states - "based on their years of experience".

If the child was going to an appointment his jacket would not have been in the classroom.

I agree and mentioned this early on, but was told that children forget their jackets at school all the time...which I know firsthand having 5 children of my own...however, SM was with him and it was a cold (in my definition since I live in the South) and rainy day...seems like SM would have sent him back for his jacket IF there was indeed an appointment.

When my friend's child was kidnapped years ago never to be found, they told people to watch for crows or some other kinds of birds to be hovering over an area.

Aren't there those kinds of birds in Oregon?

I know it's grisly, but it would be something to watch for.

Ravens. They look like crows but are much larger and they are scavengers.

I wasn't talking about the teacher being dishonest or dropping the ball. I was taking the view that she could have been told something by someone she trusted that was less than honest. And what that person said, made his absence make sense to the teacher and she marked him absent. Nothing raised the teachers alarm to check to see what she was told was true. I think it's entirely possible that the teacher didn't drop the ball at all.

I think you're right, Suzi. If she had dropped the ball, she wouldn't still be teaching.

First thing (and only thing for a while) I would do if my child, my stepchild, my friend's child, my sibling's child, my hubby's sibling's child, my neighbor's child, my community's child, etc. disappeared... would be to EXCLUDE MYSELF, SEARCH, LOOK, LISTEN, SLEUTH. Anything before neighbor (I don't know my neighbors very much) would result in my normal activities going down the drain. No Gym, no Working out, No normalcy. I don't care what anyone says. My stomach would not permit eating like normal, let alone exerting energy.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/investigator-on-ore-boy-kyron-horman-missing-seems-strange

snipped from article:

It should be noted that neither Turco nor Jensen are involved in Kyron's case -- they are only speculating based on their years of experience.

Comment by me:

Since neither Turco nor Jensen are involved in Kyron's case, and neither are privy to inside info or any possible evidence that LE might have, as far as I'm concerned, what Turco & Jensen have to offer is OPINION, as the article states - "based on their years of experience".

Pretty sure Dr. Turco is a well respected Psychiatrist with a long list of published books. PTSD may be one of his specialties. If not I apologize. moo

however: one thing stands out and I am not accusing anyone but it is something that did happen that day which can be confirmed and is illogical...
and that is the marking of Kyron absent when he was seen by his teacher, his stepmother with him at the science fair..............plain and simple this needs to be explained by the police or the teachers involved.

and I think the teachers assuming he just left with her is wrong........I just cant see a teacher doing this......and as I recall werent the backpack and coat still there

I think the backpack and coat still being at the school are very important clues...

I have to assume that since LE interviewed 100% of students and parents that were at the science fair (I am pretty sure I read that) that they would know if there were someone there that raised any suspicions. I am going to go out on a limb and say that no one reported any thing that raised any red flags. I could be wrong. I would hope if they did there would be a sketch out or some word about being aware of someone.

The story about the stepmother telling the teacher that Kyron had an appointment hasn't been confirmed, nor has the story about an email. But if that did happen, LE definately knows about it and there would be an email as proof. The truth is, we have no clue as to what LE knows. I vacilate between thinking they know nothing or they know exactly what happened. I just have to have faith I guess. I live here and I want to beleive that we have a competent police force. When I see LE looking for Kyron I have to believe that they would look just as hard for my child if they went missing. There is a lot of pressure on them right now. The nation is watching. If they don't solve this then everyone will know. I guess what I am saying is that I am going to believe that this is solvable and LE knows exactly what they are doing.

DairyGirl, I'm not saying you are included, but do you have any idea why many of the locals are saying Kyron's case is getting too much attention? Just curious...

Can I just say thanks to EVERYONE for having this topic discussed from different perspectives in a most civil and respectful way. I think there is much merit in what everyone has to say and the ability to not only share with each other but to listen to each other is awesome. By doing so, we have been able to open up the discussion in a way that may have not been possible a few days ago.
Whatever the truth is, this has been a most lively discussion and I thank you .

Bad Bert sez, “There’s not room in this town for the two of us, Sheriff Sorrell Skye!” (Comic relief)

Attachments

2.1 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members