OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to google maps 8.9 miles south of Portland.

Does anyone know if Kyron was in boyscouts?

Also this article states that he was a church leader... Isn't there a church in front of the school, that LE has been holding news confrences?

Brooks Hill Historic Church. The church is directly across the street from Skyline School in the northwest corner of Multnomah County.

It's a former church. Now it's more like a special events center...meetings, weddings, musical performances, etc. I assume at this point it is privately owned.

Kyron was a cubscout. Boyscouts are older.

I find it hard to believe that all the volunteers get a LE background check. Who pays for that? We have to buy our own copy paper sometimes, and I'm in a huge district.
I also had to do that when my kids were in one Catholic school. I didn't have to pay anything. I just filled out the form. I did not have to get fingerprinted for the FBI search like adoptive parents must do. This school apparently just searched for your name in a felons' data base.

I think we all think we would do the same way but I do believe Schultz and his FBI assistant who has worked with the family got them to understand this is what they must do to endure this trauma for the long haul.

I imagine the FBI who helped Schultz talk to the family has a degree in psychology and in depth knowledge about family grief when it comes to a missing child. Even the advocate sites set up for parents with missing children recommend the same thing that LE has recommended to this family.

I would think I would do the same as you say but if the professionals came to me and explained clearly why I must do this to keep my body healthy and my mind sane for my child then I would most likely follow their knowledgeable advice.

Schultz said all of the family balked and did not want to do as they ask them to do but finally I think with patience they convinced them this was best.

IMO

I think this kind of thing is a learning process. Yes, there is much research on grief/stress/PTSD and how best to take care of yourself during a crisis. Much of it does not consider the impact of the media explosion around these kinds of cases. Families become celebrities now (not in a movie star kind of way - in a scrutinized and picked apart kind of way). The media can be your friend and your worst enemy in these situations. Families should be briefed about the ramifications of ALL their public actions and words and should be made aware their every move will be scrutinized (not always flatteringly either). They should be briefed that trying to maintain normalcy might be the healthiest thing for them to do, but they should be aware they will be highly criticized for it at the same time. That's how the real world works whether you agree with it or not.

Anyone know if the parent's have been asked to take a polygraph and if they were asked did they agree to and take one?

That hasn't been released, but I'm sure if they were asked they did, because LE has said repeatedly, from the start, and all the way through, that the parents are being completely cooperative.

The first time LE said this was in the very first presser, and they said it several times since. I've posted all the pressers in Kyron's media thread.

Hi, Tanner, Kyron's desk mate, said it was the teacher, Mrs Porter who left, not the sub. xox

It wasn't clear which teacher Tanner meant.

8-year-old Tanner Pumala, a desk mate of Kyron says, "I went downstairs, and that was the last time I saw him and I never seen him after that," Tanner told KOIN news. Tanner said, the class was regrouping and it was the substitute that noticed Kyron was missing.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala

I don't think so, but the quote is not exactly clear.

""And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala."

I am inclined to believe the "she" he refers to twice in the last part is the "sub" whose name he did not know. He refers to the teacher by her name. I think it was the sub who said "alright I'm going to leave" and then left.

Also, since the school has said there were no subs that day, I don't see how Mrs. Porter could have left.

Anyone see it differently?

My logic tells me it was the person Tanner referred to as a substitute that left.

Day 11 Administrative Media Briefing on Kyron Horman investigation set for 11 a.m. on Monday, June 14 - 06/13/10
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Capt. Jason Gates will give an administrative media briefing at 11:00am on the public-information plan as the Kyron Horman investigation moves forward.

The briefing will be held Monday (June 14, 2010) at the Brooks Hill Historic Church (11539 NW Skyline Blvd., Portland, OR 97231).

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276&alert=1

I just don't understand NOT wanting to clear your name, if your child goes missing....

Then, once do clear your name, you get the LE to go public and state that you are free and clear .... why let the public assume you are guilty? THAT takes the focus off the missing child , IMO.

IMO: There will be an arrest in this case, and it will NOT be anyone that works at the school...

I would put the speed and surety of my missing child's rescue, and the security of his/her investigation, far above my need for people to know for sure I had nothing to do with his/her disappearance.

If LE said no, we can't release that information, we can't make a statement on that, I'd say for God's sake, put my child first - do whatever you feel you have to do - don't worry about me. But that's just me.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/oregon.missing.boy/
index.html?iref=allsearch

The sheriff's office said no one at the school saw Kyron after 8:45 a.m. Friday and that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

This was in a CNN article earlier this week...no way of knowing if the rep from sheriff's office mispoke or if this is something interesting. I don't like CNN as a rule, but who knows...

That's why my fav source is videotaped interviews. We're lucky we can get them from all the press conferences in this case. We know exactly what LE said and when, firsthand.

In this instance, we know that LE has given the time last seen as 9am.

It seems like in cases like these LE never says anyone is cleared or that anyone is a suspect. They keep information like that close to their vest.

I have heard 3 different times as the last time Kyron was seen.
1. 8:45 by the SM
2. 9am at the south entrance by a student
3. Sometime before students returned to class after touring SF and he was missed at the head count.

The only one that I heard LE confiming was 8:45 by the SM. This is all so confusing.

The most recent time last seen given by LE is 9:00am. The substantiating link has been posted numerous times.

It seems like in cases like these LE never says anyone is cleared or that anyone is a suspect. They keep information like that close to their vest.

Yes, that's the norm, for LE to clear no one. Really, though, it doesn't matter when LE does clear someone - people still keep accusing people. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Absolutely Bern!

You're right - that would make the Perfect Storm for a perp who just happened to lure the very kid the teachers did not expect back in the classroom. A perp that won the lottery that day. I just started to think about the odds and got all mathy on myself. LOL.

But, to your Perfect Storm we could add a separated from his class/wandering around school Kyron. In the wrong place & time at the Electricity exhibits. Forgetting something from the car and running out to retreive it. Helping someone out by carrying stuff in. We don't know.

I have to believe that LE long ago examined this communication and the understandings in the minds of both teacher and parent because that breach is so important. They also examined Kyron's mind as well (profile).

On the basis of those same interviews (and others) there was a reason LE launched the SAR mission & issued missing & endangered status for a week.

Something new has come to light and now we have a criminal investigation. But still no warning issued for a predator on the loose...

What came to light? Evidence? Interview inconsistencies? Is the changed direction due to post-interview fact-checking that did not add up? Did the right tip finally come in?

I guess I'm in a math mood today, Bern. Exercising my woman's perogative, that could change tomorrow. :)

I am always in the logic mood myself, so I get you Emma. Heres what sticks in my crawl, Kyron went into the school, I read he dropped off the backpack and jacket went with SM to the set up of science project, then goes down a hall and is never seen again. No one is missing him??????

You are right, there was some breakdown of communication or a mis direction of communication. Did no one question the fact he left his backpack and jacket? Forget everything else for the moment. It's the end of the day, there is his jacket and backpack, there in a closet or a where ever, not seen all day, project there, no Kyron. You are right that this is something you know LE jumped on. They have to be on a gag order at the school. Either LE or the school system legal counsel saying don't say a word.

Very precise timeline.

It answers the question of the alert and request for parents and children to arrive on Sunday; sent out by the school district, not Skyline.

(Friday, June 4)

5:30 p.m. Rapid broadcast message from Portland Public Schools goes out to alert families of a missing student. The message: "Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today." It was broadcast to the phones of parents across the school district.

(Saturday, June 5)

Noon: During a news conference, a sheriff's spokesman says the search for Kyron is still a missing-person case and not a criminal investigation.

The Portland Public Schools district uses its rapid broadcast system to alert staff and parents of Skyline School students that were at the school Friday to come to the K-8 on Sunday for debriefings by police and federal agents. The oldest students are advised to arrive at 10 a.m.; kindergartners and first-graders are to arrive with parents later in the day.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

It appears the Sunday interviews were for people who were at the school on Friday. So when did they speak to students, parents, staff and volunteers, contract workers, etc., who weren't noted to be present on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme