OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep saying that Kyron would not have wandered off from school on his own, that he knew about "stranger danger," etc.

And remember that the mother of the girl who John Gardener of San Diego killed a year prior to Chelsea King went into prison to ask him some questions. She wanted to find out if her little girl got into the car of her own volition or was forced in. She found out that her daughter got in of her own accord or was verbally tricked in. Something she thought her 13-yr-old daughter was trained NOT to do. Kids are not adults and they make unwise decisions.

Welcome to Kyron's thread. I've missed ya!

Thanks SuziQ! I have missed all of WSs! Been MIA for a bit....but always had all of you and all of our victims of crime in my mind. This particular case is driving me insane! You were a big part of the Devon Epps case - anything feel familiar to you here??? I have found gut instincts to be very important. The thing with this case is - I get gut instincts based on Devon Epps case (where his mother murdered him), and on the Groene case (where a stranger murdered Dylan and his family). I sure wish LE would give us a bit more information to work with! It it turns out to be a stranger abduction - LE will catch some flak for having been so silent that the public didn't look in certain directions.

That is not so. LE stated quite clearly and definitively that the last time Kyron was seen was at 9am. They stated clearly and definitely that the last place Kyron was seen was at the south entrance door.

The no comment was solely on by whom he had been seen that last time.

I've put all the press conference raw videos in Kyron's media thread. I realize that's a lot to watch. You can also use advanced search on my name to pull up the quote on the 9am last seen time, as well as the south entrance door last seen place.

HTH

Here you go:

"Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday."

http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html

Ya know, I've been wondering why LE isn't asking the community to think about their family members, coworkers, neighbors or acquaintances who have not shown up for work or a regular activity. Someone whose behavior or habits may have changed recently. Just trying to generate leads. I guess they aren't interested in that kind of info for whatever reason. Seems like it could be relevant.

I personally feel that they may be doing so indiscreetly.We don't know what they know and that is what is so frustrating for us.

I completely agree but I also think a parent of another child that attends the school could also be a possibility. Many parents were there that day due to the science fair, talent show and when I think of who a 7 year old would trust, another parent comes to mind.

Yes, can you imagine some parent who did something bad, just now right there all around the scene, worried, helping with the search? It always looks like the perfect alibi. But Scott Peterson was so cold he was even phoning his girlfriend at his missing wife's candlelight ceremony.

Technically, since it is a Gaelic variation, it is already spelled incorrectly. There should be a fada over the a.

But that is way rabbit trailing. I am trying to understand what purpose you are trying to serve? How does this relate to Kyron?

right.....I guess we should welcome the newcomer...
do we have new news? who was last to really see Kyron.

I am sure you guys and gals have already discussed this, but I am going to ask it again - why Kryon... why that day?

Thanks SuziQ! I have missed all of WSs! Been MIA for a bit....but always had all of you and all of our victims of crime in my mind. This particular case is driving me insane! You were a big part of the Devon Epps case - anything feel familiar to you here??? I have found gut instincts to be very important. The thing with this case is - I get gut instincts based on Devon Epps case (where his mother murdered him), and on the Groene case (where a stranger murdered Dylan and his family). I sure wish LE would give us a bit more information to work with! It it turns out to be a stranger abduction - LE will catch some flak for having been so silent that the public didn't look in certain directions.

I got a very uncomfortable feeling watching the first family presser. There are so many unusual factors the day Kyron went missing, that I can't narrow down anything at this point. I will say this, I am usually strong against a stranger theory because it's so rare. In this case I think it could be so.

So how does a little boy who is in guided group inside of a school get seperated from his tour and no one sees him???

One way would have been for him to visit the bathroom if this was near the end of the tour. It would be easy for the adult chaperon to say "okay, meet us back in your classroom." If the chaperone was leaving the school after the science fair tour, then it would be easy for one kid to slip through the cracks.

As for no one seeing him leave the school, that's not too surprising. People don't usually see everything in their environment; they note the general characteristics and then note things that don't fit that general concept/picture. If he left the school willingly in the company of an adult, I think most people would overlook it because that fits so perfectly into the general idea of things that are normal to see at school.

I am coming back on just to say that I think the fact that LE has not asked the community to start thinking about anyone they know who has been acting strangely, etc...as has been done in other cases....points to them having a suspect already. JMO.

Also, IIRC, LE later backed away from the "late morning" sighting? And amended it to about 9am? And then later answered "we can't comment on that" when asked in a PC if this (the 9am sighting) had been confirmed. I could be wrong, but I believe they did this at the point mid-week when they stopped confirming almost anything, the same day they said they could not comment on what day the photo was taken, although we generally agree it must have been taken on Friday morning. So it could be they were just saying that to all questions. And I will try to find the day in question and listen again.

kyron_horman34_540x405.jpg

Aren't we all missing the candlelight vigil right now???

:twocents: There are elements in this case that reminds me of several other cases. The Groene case - a child (children) are abruptly missing, and the family is naturally discussed as a potential suspect. In the Groene case, however, there was a violent murder of other family members. The sheer violence is what screamed someone who was close to the family. As far as I can tell, there is NO history of violence, drugs, calls to social services, etc. in Kyron's case. Susan Smith case and Devon Epps case - Susan's children were "taken by a stranger" and Amanda Raegan Smith's child Devon was murdered before her very eyes during an attempted carjacking by the proverbial "bushy headed stranger". Time revealed Susan and Amanda to be the culprits in the murder of their children. The body language of Susan and Amanda disturbed me during those investigations. I have to say I have the same "feelings" now... can't explain why. If the school was FULL of strangers the day Kyron went missing, the chances of a 'bad person' being among them naturally increased. The chances for someone, having seen Kyron walking out with a stranger, someone acting strange... something, should have also increased. Just my :twocents:.

Hi, However if someone walked him out to the parking lot it might not have been a stranger, but rather someone who occasionally was at school so was recognizable to the children and staff. In that case no one would give a second thought and it might come to them several days later!

I'm thinking like a furnace repair man, speech therapist, someone in the computer field, etc.

Here you go:

"Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday."

http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html

Wouldn't "late morning hours" mean after 10? Why would he have been marked absent if he was seen later than that? Not really asking, just saying I find this report a little confusing.

Admittedly I don't have link to back this up, but I have read (and I only take seriously what I read on credible sites) that it is not unusual for a SO to have offended up to 100 times before getting caught. Offending can be as "simple" as peeping and spying it doesn't have to mean physical contact.
Here. Use this one. :)

Romero and William’s study concluded that recidivism (pedophiles) is just as likely, if not more, in the fourth year following an arrest as in the first year. Fifty percent convicted child molesters had committed one or MORE UNdetected “involvements” with children.

Page 4 of this article-
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...64vnfZ&sig=AHIEtbT5mOui9SLv7LN7uTrzFi8Nt2BC1g

I am coming back on just to say that I think the fact that LE has not asked the community to start thinking about anyone they know who has been acting strangely, etc...as has been done in other cases....points to them having a suspect already. JMO.

Also, IIRC, LE later backed away from the "late morning" sighting? And amended it to about 9am? And then later answered "we can't comment on that" when asked in a PC if this (the 9am sighting) had been confirmed. I could be wrong, but I believe they did this at the point mid-week when they stopped confirming almost anything, the same day they said they could not comment on what day the photo was taken, although we generally agree it must have been taken on Friday morning. So it could be they were just saying that to all questions. And I will try to find the day in question and listen again.

Yes, I remember it that way too. But "seen by a fellow student near the south entrance in the late morning hours" is a highly specific, detailed statement to back away from. I tend to believe it's true.

We need new information in this case. I just don't see Kyron going off with a complete stranger. It if wasn't family, and if the stranger knew Kyron, then he/she would probably have been all up in the middle of 'helping search' for Kyron - or they would have dropped off the planet to all of their own family and friends. Either of those two situations would be an alarm bell to LE - but they have to ask the public's help to identify everyone that fell into one of those categories. Frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710