OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed he was in the talent show, I know they had one, but I thought he was just doing the science project.

I've read Kyron was supposed to be in the talent show - absolutely no confirmation that step-mom was going to be there. She has an 18mo beautiful little girl who may have a nap time around 1:00. No confirmation that Kyron's dad was going to be there - maybe the parents just couldn't make it. Idk for sure. moo

If the teacher KNEW Kyron was there in the morning and was unconcerned about why he left, it could only have been because someone informed her why Kyron was not there. If this were the case, they'd have their POI. Since we have not heard that someone falsely told the teacher why Kyron was not at school, I don't believe your #3 is anything more than the teacher absentmindedly did not note Kyron's presence in the early confusing morning hour. She never thought about it.

Just bouncing off your post:

BBM:

Calling all school teacher/personalle on WS.

Please correct me if I am wrong. (in Canada & might be different there)

I am under the assumption that ONLY the people listed in my childs file, have the right to pic him up and for emergency if I am not available.

ie. when my son went to school, his file has Me, Dad, Grandma & Grandpa. It is my understanding that my husband and I are the MAIN contact and IF the school could not contact me, they would phone the other people on my list.

IMO: Kyron most likely has a list too. ONLY the people on that list would LEGALLY be allowed to take him from school..ect.

SO, the only reason the teacher/staff was NOT alarmed that Kyron was absent, is because someone on that list took him.

I'm sorry, this comment doesn't help the search, but I can't help thinking about the children in Kyron's class. Does anyone know what they have been told? What a horror for them to know that a classmate has disappeared. Does this school have counselors to talk to the children? If I were a young classmate I would be terrified of being snatched. Again I apologize if this comment is unacceptable, moderators can delete. But it's a genuine concern.

on the schools website I saw that they have a "safe room" where kids can talk with counselors or just hang out

OK these are my 2 questions:

1. Why do some think that the teacher did not expect Kyron in class?

2.What is the significance of none of his 4 parents being at the talent show?

I have a theory but don't think I'm allowed to say it.

Kyron's absence from the talent show - and no one noticing his absence - has been a huge red flag for me. Why were NO family member's there? An end-of-the-year talent show is a big deal to a second grader! Why did one of his teacher's not miss him at the talent show? I am really not randomly casting stones in any direction - just trying to fill the holes in this story.

Trying to answer a few questions for you....he was noticed missing, he had already been marked absent by then. There has been no confirmation from either the school or LE that he was to perform at the talent show, that rumor came from an early parent interview, and her statement was paraphrased, not quoted. No one knows whether she meant IN the show to perform or IN the gym with the other students at that time or the day.

Either way, it is logical to assume that there were not 275 individual performances. Since Kyron was confirmed to be shy, and was one of the younger students, it is likely that any performance he was to be in was a full classroom song or two. Therefore, his SM not coming there for a one or two minute song during his toddler sister's naptime would be quite logical.

The last paragraph is my interpretation of the known facts re time of day, number of students, and Kyron's shyness. Therefore, please note that it should be regarded as an opinion.

:)

What an amazing synopsis...
I am wondering one thing: I intend no disrespect to the teacher, or to anyone working at the school, but is it also possible that the teacher (or someone else) dropped the ball? In other words, that there was not quite the logical process you describe, but perhaps a lapse, a mistake, a mistake like I make at work everyday (luckily I deal with papers and not children...)

This is my second post on WS!

If I were an educator in a small school taking a head count... if this had been my job, i'm going to be honest here. No bells and whistles would have gone off for me. If we were at the zoo, the museum, if we were outside of the school. yes one head less would have been cause for concern. But i'm going to be honest here. I wouldnt have thought twice about one less head in the school, because I never in a million years would think one of my students had just become a victim of something nefarious. It just literally would not even cross my mind. I would honestly think, "oh, hes just in the bathroom"... HOWEVER after 5 minutes... I would think, "um why isnt he back from the bathroom? He must have had an accident or have diarrhea because it dosnt take THAT long to go!" And I would have investigated the bathrooms and then become worried. That being said... even if one teacher brushed it off as, "he's in the bathroom", why wasnt there concern a short while later. Somebody must have had more information regarding his absenteeism that made it acceptable for him to be missing after the teacher made the comment about him being in the bathroom.
My son went missing for a short while at a play place, and it turned out he had diarrhea. He ran into the womens bathroom and shut the stall and then called out for anybody everybody within earshot to get his mom. He wouldnt open the stall door for anybody but me. ... I wonder at what point did the teacher go from thinking..."oh, he is just in the bathroom", to "he's not in the bathroom (but its perfectly acceptable that he is now absent)"

Considering 2 of his parents live 5 hours away & both have jobs, I wouldn't expect them to be at a talent show.

No idea why the other 2 weren't there.

No idea. If we are to believe his deskmate, she was told of his absence by the other teacher and responded that he might be in the bathroom. IF that is what actually happened, why did she not notice he never returned?

Mom and stepdad live about 5-6 hours away. Stepmom has 18 month old and dad would probably have been at work. All pretty good reasons to have missed the show. Then again, he may NOT have been scheduled to be in the talent show to start with...

I don't think there will any PC's until/unless Kyron is found or an arrest is made in the case. There would be even less to say than they have been saying.

As far as counselors, yes, last week an article indicated that counselors would be, and were, on site at the school, probably through the end of school, I would think. Parents will have to pick up the slack here since school is ending and see if their children need some professional help on a indivdual basis. IMO

That's taken from an editorial, without referencing a source. I'll take it with a grain of salt until I hear his parents or LE or a spokesperson for the school confirm he was to be in the show.

"Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

Schreiber said she and her son, Jacob, 9, were interviewed Sunday by a federal agent. She said she told the agent that Friday was an especially hectic day at Skyline.

"On a normal day, seeing a stranger will make you go, 'Hmm. I wonder who that is?' On such a hectic day as Friday, there was such a lot going on. To tell you the truth, I was focused on looking at the (science) project and helping Jacob fill out his (evaluation) form and not on the faces around me."

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

I do not think the teacher didn't expect him... I think there is a chance she didn't (because LE has kept so much back)
On the other hand, maybe she did expect him.

as far as the talent show.... there are rumors online that claim he was supposed to be in it, but I have not seen that confirmed, at all

*change this... i just saw the link. so weird.

Random question for someone that might know. Did TM work at the school as a volunteer? If so was it on a regular basis or maybe just for special events?

Did you mean SM?

I do have a link that states that she did all kinds of things at the school, but I don't know if I am allowed to post it.

Hmm..Here's my question.

His stepmom didn't walk him to class, she just watched him walk to his classroom, right? And the stepmom had previously informed the teacher about his appointment, I think..

I'm just wondering if Kyron walked back to the classroom without his stepmom..If the teacher was actually inside the class and said something like 'Oh, Kyron, welcome back! I thought you had an appointment today? Did you forget something?'

At what time did the stepmom inform the teacher regarding the appointment?
In my opinion, NO ONE wants to be 'That lady who lost a child' ya know? The teacher must have been 100% certain Kyron would not be in school that day...

1. I think she was distracted with the extra activity going on that morning, and misinterpreted some information, not necessarily given to her by a person, but perhaps information she gleaned from what was going on around her (as filtered by distraction).

2. None. Sometimes children have events that no parents are available to attend, no matter how loving and attentive all parents/stepparents/grandparents/uncles/aunts/cousins etc may be.

What an amazing synopsis...
I am wondering one thing: I intend no disrespect to the teacher, or to anyone working at the school, but is it also possible that the teacher (or someone else) dropped the ball? In other words, that there was not quite the logical process you describe, but perhaps a lapse, a mistake, a mistake like I make at work everyday (luckily I deal with papers and not children...)

Sure. Most airplane crashes are caused by pilot errors. Experienced Naval commanders give dumb orders that make ships crash into stuff. No reason to think that human error couldn't exist in the classroom. Maybe the teacher just messed up.

It is so sad that Kryon has not been found and that this is now turning into a criminal investigation. I have been worried that it would come to this.

I'm not at the end of the thread yet (page 6), but have been thinking back to day one. If I don't write it down, I will forget it if and when I do get to the end of the thread. I do believe this case may be setting a record for the fastest number of threads in this past week.

It was said that Kryon was seen near the southside door, seemingly excited about seeing an electrical exhibit. Why would he be there?

Was it just a coincidence that he just happened to be there walking along the way to the exhibit?

Was he there getting ready to head out the door for whatever reason?

Was he there in response to someone asking him to hold the door open so that person could supposedly bring something in? In this case, Kryon would be thinking he was being helpful and not thinking "stranger danger" thoughts.

I think it's valid to assume that since the teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother earlier in the day and then noticed he wasn't there for class that she just assumed he left with her. Didn't have to be told. In any case, it doesn't matter since the school has no policy of notifying parents when their children are absent it doesn't matter why the teacher didn't say anything. They never do. They obviously weren't concerned and had no way of knowing that he would turn up missing.

Many of the public feel a specific way about this case. Many many. One only has to read the comments on the news websites to see that an overwhelming percentage of people feel a specific way.

LE needs the public's help to solve this case. They've been begging the public to send in tips.

So far, LE hasn't said the word "abducted", haven't even HINTED that this child was TAKEN except to say it's a criminal investigation. And where's the Amber Alert?

I just wish they would publicly announce that they have cleared the people who last saw Kyron. It would really help the investigation. The public would stop thinking one way and start thinking another. And then maybe, just maybe, they might start thinking about their day on June 4th in a different way and might remember things that they didn't think were relevant.

1. I think that his teacher did not expect Kyron because she knew he left. Someone saw him leave with his stepmother. That's what I believe. She's still teaching at the school in the classroom with the children she supervises, and if she had been negligent, then she would have been placed on administrative leave.

2. Because Terri was not there to watch Kyron in the talent show, and as someone prior to me upthread stated, end-of-the-year talent shows are huge deals for children and their parents. Yet Kyron was not there; neither was his mom who heretofore had been very involved in school happenings.

All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member