OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To any locals: The Columbia River looks huge. Can you tell me if the water is moving very fast or not? If the body was put into the river, would it be likely to move downstream quite a ways?

Since there is a search going on in the river, there IS a reason for it. I suspect 'something' appeared, maybe a piece of clothing or something. JMO

In places, the columbia river moves VERY fast.

Yes, I think the emptying/empty hallways between 0840 and 0850 are a key ingredient. I think someone was waiting for that time frame that the halls were empty before all the children and teachers left their classrooms again.

There are so many questions that LE have answered that they are not sharing. This is one of them: Was Kyron put into a group at 8:45 am to tour the Science Fair? If not, then he was marked absent right then. If so, then attendance was taken AFTER groups toured the Science Fair and he was marked absent. Do not know why attendance would be taken so late, but attendance is fairly lax so it cannot be ruled out as a possibility. When attendance was taken is key, which is why LE is keeping it close to their vests...

I am so infuriated with the school when it comes to this case. IDGAF what they say a phone call should have been to the parents stating that their child never showed up otherwise they could have got police involved right away. As I said before I live in a town of about 600 people total and just this year there were a total of 120 students Pre-School - 12th that attended the school down here(and yes this is a regular school that was total number of students in that school) and they still call the parents if a kid doesn't show up. This is complete and utter BS that this school doesn't do that. I don't care what size the town or what the attendance plan is there they should have called the parents.

Our school system does not call when a child doesn't show up. We just send a note to school the next day.

I disagree that it's LE's fault that people are suspicious of some things they don't comment on and not others. That certainly doesn't stem from LE.

In fairness maybe you guys do things differently to how we do over here :)

The LE could confirm what the SM is saying .... but for whatever reason there not and in all honesty if they did..they would make it easier for her..IMO

Divers still in the water.

http://twitter.com/LauralKGW

PORTLAND -- On the 11th day of the search for Kyron Harmon, a missing 7-year-old Portland boy, investigators intensified their search in the area of Sauvie Island. From KGW's Sky 8 helicopter, searchers in wetsuits were seen moving through waist-high water while someone on shore provided directions.

A dive team searched swamps and ponds around the rural NW Portland area, and crews also searched around the Multnomah Channel. Investigators would not say what led them to this area, but it was the fourth consecutive days that crews scoured Sauvie Island.

Earlier Monday, the lead officer in the investigation into Kyron Horman’s disappearance vowed to stay on the case until it’s solved, despite scaling back search operations.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Disposal site is in water 20.2 % of the time.
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...ar6iUO&sig=AHIEtbSumiusggvnfGz0Mmppr0YovkcE_Q

KYRON-HORMAN-2.jpg

A school bus passes a picture prepared by the FBI showing missing student Kyron Horman as it drives up to Skyline School​

To any locals: The Columbia River looks huge. Can you tell me if the water is moving very fast or not? If the body was put into the river, would it be likely to move downstream quite a ways?

Since there is a search going on in the river, there IS a reason for it. I suspect 'something' appeared, maybe a piece of clothing or something. JMO

It's got a nasty undercurrent, that I know for sure...

Divers still in the water.

http://twitter.com/LauralKGW

PORTLAND -- On the 11th day of the search for Kyron Harmon, a missing 7-year-old Portland boy, investigators intensified their search in the area of Sauvie Island. From KGW's Sky 8 helicopter, searchers in wetsuits were seen moving through waist-high water while someone on shore provided directions.

A dive team searched swamps and ponds around the rural NW Portland area, and crews also searched around the Multnomah Channel. Investigators would not say what led them to this area, but it was the fourth consecutive days that crews scoured Sauvie Island.

Earlier Monday, the lead officer in the investigation into Kyron Horman’s disappearance vowed to stay on the case until it’s solved, despite scaling back search operations.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Bouncing off your post (thanks for the link btw) and bolding Multnomah Channel. This is what you cross from Hwy 30 to Sauvie Island..

It is my belief that this was a Crime of Opportunity, meaning it could not have happened without all the unusual things that were oing on at school the day. Here is a list of the things I can think of that were likely unusual:

1. School open to parents without signing in

2. Students were broken into groups to tour the science fair with classmates, possibly a Parent Volunteer/staff member in charge of each group

3. Talent show

4. Here is another question I have been wondering about: Was Kyron usually a bus rider GOING to school? If so, another difference is on the day of disappearance he was taken to school (did not ride the bus in the AM as usual).

I tend to agree with you that the day's activities made it a perfect opportunity for someone to snatch a child. And your question is such a good one. I don't know the answer, but I hope someone does!

Schools protect themselves. Just because they know doesn't mean anyone else will unless people talk. JMO

Schools do protect themselves, but I hope and pray that no one would keep quiet when a child's life is in danger.

Schools protect themselves. Just because they know doesn't mean anyone else will unless people talk. JMO

I meant that LE has talked to school officials, teachers, office staff, and we don't know what LE was told. Whether LE was told the truth or not is another issue.

(Above bolding by smart blonde)...

I'm not a local, but I can tell you the Columbia River is huge. I went on a 3 or 4 day river rafting trip on the Columbia (about 20 years ago), and parts of the river are extremely swift- .... swift enough for white water rafting.

If they have divers searching the river that means they analyzed at least some of the scans taken by the Black Hawk. It's my understanding that they look at the scanned images for anomalies in the terrain, but I'm no expert so I could be wrong. I believe they will find Kyron's remains on that Island. I believe as soon as they do there will be an arrest. I believe they know who did it,their actions clearly show they know who did it, and they have been for days building a rock solid case. I think this has to be the best LE work I've seen in a long time, I think they played this case exactly right with not releasing any info to the public. Part of that, I believe, was directed at the perp. I also think the school will be exonerated after this--except, perhaps for the lack of surveillance cameras.

Either that....or it's based off somebody's cell phone pings....or possibly a tip they've received...? Sure does seem they are concentrating in this area for SOME reason... 4th day there.....

If they are interviewing parents, etc again...they either do NOT have a POI or have one and are trying to get more evidence toward an arrest. I am thinking they really don't have a POI and if this is true, it is scarier than if they suspect someone close to Kryon, IMO, as I don't think the offender will be caught if not already on their radar. JMO

I agree with your assesment.

Also, where did you get my cat? I want him back lol! You avatar is my midnight. God rest his soul.

All good points, but one little phone call could make the difference! That's all I am saying.... not blaming the school or teacher, just want to know how this broke down for other kids.

I'm sorry, Bern, but I am...I am blaming the school for being inept, for being careless with a small human life whom needs an adult for his security and nurturing. I do blame the school for not noticing where and with whom this child went. I do blame this school for not following it's own procedures of security that are printed in it's parents handbook. I do think it's ridiculous to think that just bc a teacher or aide has alot of students and a science fair is going on that that's excuse enough to say they got sidetracked or something of the such. I realize it could happen to anybody but this is still no excuse. A tiny little life is at stake. I am absolutely grateful to know that many schools will learn from this and be more aware in the future.

FYI - Stuff like this happens more than we think. Just last year, my best friend was at the Franklin Institute in Philly on a field trip with her daughter's class. This is almost an hour from where we live and another state! A teacher, not even a parent volunteer, accidentally left a little girl in the restroom. My best friend's group was on the bus after this teacher's. My friend saw this little girl crying and lost so she went to console her. There were 3 classes, the whole 4th grade. Each class had their own bus. The bus that had just left was this dear sweet girl's bus! The other busses were boarding & ready to leave when Tracey noticed this little girl. Thank GOD! andtheteacherisstillteaching - again, I understand accidents happen - but in Kyron's case this is just plain old ridiculous!

I've missed you Bern. Love reading your posts!

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member