OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's already been done... not connected to the school as far as being employed there as much as the person is connected to Kyron (but also known at and to the school). And no verification that I can provide, but that phone pings were what directed them to search 30 east to and on Sauvie Island.

My opinion.
Add these factors to any "pings" location and search this area.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...Mmppr0YovkcE_Q

"1) Carrying of a corpse will necessarily require the use of a covered, motorized vehicle to the vicinity of the dump site. It has been commonly asserted that the majority of corpses have been found in close proximity to roads or parking areas (Streed 1989, in Killam 2004:17). Therefore, a search following the road network will have many more probabilities of success than a normal extensive search (Rossmo 2000:130).

2) Due to physical limitations, the usual distance covered dragging a body is about 50 ft on plain terrain (McLaughlin 1974:28, Morse et al. 1983:6). Keppel and Birnes (1995) have estimated the maximum distance to carry a body to 150 ft, even though, they agree with the 50 ft estimate as the usual distance. Following Burton (1998), Rossmo (2000:130) states that child bodies, being much lighter, can be carried for 200 ft. Of course, this will vary depending with the slope, kind of terrain, vegetation, and other factors. Effectively, 90% of the bodies are recovered downhill because it is easier for the offender to drag the victim (Sacks 1999; Hunter 1996b:92; Robbins 1977; Cherry and Angel 1977). The fact that from the road the visibility downhill is poor can be equally important regarding the offender’s choice of going downhill.

3) Terrain slope can be also very important when the body is buried: an excessive slope will render difficult the process of digging a grave.

4) As Killam (2004:17), following Streed (1989), has noted, “bodies are usually found off the right passenger side of the road, outbound from the city or town.” That is an important clue: knowing the departure site of the offender is important in order to give priority to the passenger side of the road in body search activities.

6) Lakes, deep rivers, and canals traditionally have been disposal points (Killam 2004:16, 18). Returning to Rossmo’s analysis (2000:175), of the 104 body dump sites considered, 20.2 % were located in rivers, lakes, or marshy areas.

8) It is possible to map those areas in which burial is feasible according to soil profile, land use, and underlying geology (Hunter 1996a:17 and 1996b:92).

10) As Killam has suggested (2004:18), dump sites will be out of sight of neighboring houses, but, as bodies are usually discarded at night, they have to be easily accessible in the dark."

OT alert (mine):

I am new, BTW. I have a seven year old child who goes to a different PPS school and this case makes me so worried. Today was a field day at her school and there were many family members all over, it seemed like it would be very easy to people to come and go unnoticed.

I have my own experience to relate. On Friday, I needed to drop something off to the asst. principal at our local elementary. I do not have children at that school. I arrived at about 2:45 and left my husband in the car.

There were people milling around *everywhere*. I really expected, last week of all weeks, for an adult to be monitoring the doors or something, but there were kids in and out (the bell had not yet rung), adults going in and out of the doors and parking lot, and one guy just sitting on the steps leading to the parking lot.

I was a bit gobsmacked to tell the truth. There was a dry erase board near the door that might have originally said to check in at the office, but it was smudged. And I know from previous experience that there are several places in the building I could have gone to, undetected.

I think it was weird, all things considered.

So here is another thought. Assuming Kyron's teacher thought he had an appt. Maybe she saw him before school officially started, talked with the SM who mentioned an appt. Never saw Kyron again after that. She would just assume Kyron went with his mom for his appt., before she was the person officialy responsible for his whereabouts...

Yes, all it would take is a phone call. But if she was really under the impression he had an appt. and this all happened before school officially started, the teacher probably wouldn't think much of it...

Again, this may be why police aren't releasing what time attendance was taken.

Bingo.

If you watch at the beginning, Terri reaches towards the bio-mom's hand and she moves away to push her hair behind her ear. I think it is interesting.

I am new, BTW. I have a seven year old child who goes to a different PPS school and this case makes me so worried. Today was a field day at her school and there were many family members all over, it seemed like it would be very easy to people to come and go unnoticed.

I just now saw it.

Things I noticed, when they said "criminal investigation" Terri looked at the bio mom.
Bio mom and step dad had their heads leaning together, towards each other. SM and Bio dad had their heads leaning away from each other. Even though his arm was around her, they were leaning away from one another.
Teri seemed more gueniune and authentic this time to me.

I watch those parents and think God what a nightmare. A nightmare. To have you child's cardboard cutout in front of you while the police talk about a criminal investigation. I don't think I could go on if that happened to me. This is so tragic. I want to know where Kyron is and have him home with his family. :(

If they have reason to believe that Kyron is there, why scale back on searchers? Concentrate everything on the island....

Costs, unfortunately. They'll put everything in while they think a child may still be alive. Past that point, they cut costs, and minimize efforts just to recovery.

:cow:

There are so many questions that LE have answered that they are not sharing. This is one of them: Was Kyron put into a group at 8:45 am to tour the Science Fair? If not, then he was marked absent right then. If so, then attendance was taken AFTER groups toured the Science Fair and he was marked absent. Do not know why attendance would be taken so late, but attendance is fairly lax so it cannot be ruled out as a possibility. When attendance was taken is key, which is why LE is keeping it close to their vests...

I thought this particular day, school was to start at 10:00am. As a parent, I take that to mean, regular class begins and the teacher would then mark who is there and who is not. ????

On another note, if school class was to start at 10:00am, wouldn't I be responsible for my own child until 10:00am????

So perhaps the answer lies in connecting someone from Sauvie Island to the school? An employee maybe? Just a guess.

IMO

I was trying to list people earlier who may have called off that day, but showed up to drop off a kid of their own. So there are teachers, aids, coaches, school nurse, cooks, cafeteria staff, janitors, and of course their spouses. It has been quite a few years since I have been in school, but I think that is it, oh, bus drivers.

If the ground is rocky, which it is in Portland, it would be difficult for anyone, expecially a female, to physically dig a grave to hide a body. A marsh, canal, bog, or river would be the next best :)sick: sicko) choice.

Not to mention, there was rain all week, so someone digging a hole would be muddy and wet. If they were on a tight timetable, that would have been no good.

I'm sorry, Bern, but I am...I am blaming the school for being inept, for being careless with a small human life whom needs an adult for his security and nurturing. I do blame the school for not noticing where and with whom this child went. I do blame this school for not following it's own procedures of security that are printed in it's parents handbook. I do think it's ridiculous to think that just bc a teacher or aide has alot of students and a science fair is going on that that's excuse enough to say they got sidetracked or something of the such. I realize it could happen to anybody but this is still no excuse. A tiny little life is at stake. I am absolutely grateful to know that many schools will learn from this and be more aware in the future.

FYI - Stuff like this happens more than we think. Just last year, my best friend was at the Franklin Institute in Philly on a field trip with her daughter's class. This is almost an hour from where we live and another state! A teacher, not even a parent volunteer, accidentally left a little girl in the restroom. My best friend's group was on the bus after this teacher's. My friend saw this little girl crying and lost so she went to console her. There were 3 classes, the whole 4th grade. Each class had their own bus. The bus that had just left was this dear sweet girl's bus! The other busses were boarding & ready to leave when Tracey noticed this little girl. Thank GOD! andtheteacherisstillteaching - again, I understand accidents happen - but in Kyron's case this is just plain old ridiculous!

I've missed you Bern. Love reading your posts!

:blowkiss:

thank you Jersey Girl, this case grabbed me at day one. Miss you too and you are right, some one needs to be accountable because Kyron deserves that much and way more.

JVM did not give much time to this story, however her and one of her guest did question the body language between sm and mom (sorry, not going to use the term bio mom any more, she is his mother) cant remember the exact words they used now but basically was the same lines as what has been said here.

So perhaps the answer lies in connecting someone from Sauvie Island to the school? An employee maybe? Just a guess.

IMO
The answer lies in profiling where perps dump victims. Canals, marshes, bogs, ponds that are accessible are used to hide a body. Considering that the ground is rocky in Portland, hiding a body by digging a grave would be much more difficult....and maybe even impossible considering the terrain.

Other locals - any idea why Forest Park isn't being searched? I have never entered the park from the west - only from the south and the east. Are there no trail heads or roads leading into the park from the west? I think Forest Park runs east alongside some big hills - is there any road to get in through those hills? I just keep wondering why the search just skips right over the park.

JVM did not give much time to this story, however her and one of her guest did question the body language between sm and mom (sorry, not going to use the term bio mom any more, she is his mother) cant remember the exact words they used now but basically was the same lines as what has been said here.

bbm. What, that they were providing comfort to each other?

I did. I am a licensed, psychiatric/mental health practitioner and observing people's body language is part of what I did for many decades as my occupation. I am now retired. (Thank you, Jesus!)

Angel,
I'm so sorry you lost your son. My son died in 2006, and I had (still have) those feelings of guilt, even tho' he was a young adult and living on his own for several years.
We will live with that the rest of our lives, won't we? My heart goes out to you and to these two moms and every other parent who has lost a child.
:blowkiss:

sorry all, I know I'm OT . . .

:blowkiss: Thank you for sharing your story about your son. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads