Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~~snip~~

"The chances are getting slimmer and slimmer that that is what happened to him and that he could ... survive," Van Zandt said.

The moment an adult took note that Kyron wasn't at school Friday, an effort to find him should have been set in motion, Van Zandt said.

"And within an hour instead of 12 hours," he said, "this case would have been moving."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

BBM and snipped

Looks like there's some blaming going on? ...the moment an adult took note....moo etc.
very good article
God Bless Clint Van Zant for telling it like it is from his professional experience. Him and Pat Brown, and I'd love to see what she thinks about Kyron's going missing. xox

Honest to God.. It took me 3 days to get through all 16 threads. I've finally made it and am caught up.

This case infuriates me to no end. I want this little boy found alive and well so badly! All the media conflicts, the silence from the family and LE. I hope the vigil went well tonight and I'm praying for Kyron everyday.

hey puffy pufnstufster!

google is my/our friend.

http://www.emoregon.org/ross.php
<snipped>
More than 100,000 Russian-speaking refugees and immigrants from the Former Soviet Union currently reside in the Portland metro area, and the numbers are expected only to increase. Census figures show no place in the nation has had more of an influx from the Soviet Union than the Northwest. Oregon is number two in the nation for Russian-speaking new comers.

:woohoo: I learned something new today!

O/T. They used to put missing children's pics on milk cartons. Maybe they still do.

I heard a joke once.

I am happily married (I think. Hubby is sick of all of this computer time of mine)

"I wish my ex husband's picture would show up on a milk carton".

BTW-I do not have an ex-husband.

It says she calls kids "ankle biters" and makes jokes about kids' pictures on milk cartons. She sounds like a real gem.

Yeah that completely ticked me off. I hope she was referring to herself as not having children as well. Totally inappropriate to put that tid bit in her little article.

I know BeanE !! I love this article. Full of stuff. I'm big on context, so I would just add that the quote you pulled is in response to a discussion regarding why the Sherrif called the FBI immediately (by 7:15) Friday night. I think it refers to what was in the mind of the local LE on the Friday Kyron went missing.

But, on June 13, LE stated two facts:

1) This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there.
2) That was the last time the child was seen.

Sheriff Staton didn't censor himself from saying those things, regardless of all the censoring LE's been doing. He didn't carefully make sure that any certain context was understood. He stated those two facts, and let them fly.

And those two facts are that Kyron was 1) lost inside the school, and 2) last seen inside the school. And that means nobody saw him leave with SM.

Double wowsers.

Honest to God.. It took me 3 days to get through all 16 threads. I've finally made it and am caught up.

This case infuriates me to no end. I want this little boy found alive and well so badly! All the media conflicts, the silence from the family and LE. I hope the vigil went well tonight and I'm praying for Kyron everyday.

Welcome home, Carol. :wave:

(bbm)

~~snip~~

"The chances are getting slimmer and slimmer that that is what happened to him and that he could ... survive," Van Zandt said.

The moment an adult took note that Kyron wasn't at school Friday, an effort to find him should have been set in motion, Van Zandt said.

"And within an hour instead of 12 hours," he said, "this case would have been moving."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

BBM and snipped

Looks like there's some blaming going on? ...the moment an adult took note....moo etc.
very good article

Staton said dispatchers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications classified the call from Skyline as "lowest priority." Dispatchers generally classify calls based on who's calling, what information is provided and whether there is an indication of danger or a medical issue.

I find the above statement very interesting. The call of a missing child got the lowest priority. They base it on who's calling, the info given and if there is any indication of danger. So there was no panic that a child that was supposedly at school wasn't and didn't get off the school bus. I would really like to hear that initial call to LE.

God Bless Clint Van Zant for telling it like it is from his professional experience. Him and Pat Brown, and I'd love to see what she thinks about Kyron's going missing. xox

Can you imagine what a lead time of 11 hours would have done for this search?

On the other hand - I hate to see a teacher blamed on such a busy day. Let it be said...the security measures at the school are deficient and deplorable. There's no excuse. moo mho and all that good stuff

Interesting. From article puf posted above.

From LE (Sheriff Staton himself), on Sunday, June 13:

"This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen."

Lost inside the school. Last seen inside the school.

Nobody saw him leave with SM.

Notice the article date - Sunday, June 13.

Wowser.

Is that the correct link? I couldn't find those statements in the article.

But, on June 13, LE stated two facts:

1) This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there.
2) That was the last time the child was seen.

Sheriff Staton didn't censor himself from saying those things, regardless of all the censoring LE's been doing. He didn't carefully make sure that any certain context was understood. He stated those two facts, and let them fly.

And those two facts are that Kyron was 1) lost inside the school, and 2) last seen inside the school. And that means nobody saw him leave with SM.

Double wowsers.

But BeanE, he said that about his June 4th assessment of the situation, and he says that is why he called the FBI! How do we know that is STILL his assessment today? Context is everything.

LOL. I'm just sittin' up here on this fence throwin' flowers over each side. :angel:

Staton said dispatchers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications classified the call from Skyline as "lowest priority." Dispatchers generally classify calls based on who's calling, what information is provided and whether there is an indication of danger or a medical issue.

I find the above statement very interesting. The call of a missing child got the lowest priority. They base it on who's calling, the info given and if there is any indication of danger. So there was no panic that a child that was supposedly at school wasn't and didn't get off the school bus. I would really like to hear that initial call to LE.

My hair is standing on end that a missing child got the lowest priority.

I think them needing info on a vehicle is A-1 in importance. I know it is in California. The AA is to watch for someone, and part of that is knowing what they might be traveling in. IMO, and as I read it.

Ah, I didn't know that. They would have had a description of someone though, if anyone had seen him walk out with anyone. Even if they couldn't do the AA, they could put out the description of the POI, right?

I just don't think that is what happened. That said, as of now, I don't know what to think anymore. I keep coming up with scenarios and tearing them apart.

I think I am back to where I started, being suspicious of the same person I was at the beginning.

I agree. There had been talk with the school secretary. With so few children absent in the day, wouldn't she have noticed that he was marked "absent" that day? So, what's the big deal that he's not on the bus. He's not at school, right?

You would think at that point all he** would have broken loose.

But that isn't the way it seems to have come down.

BeanE said:
But were they in violation of a custody order? I know in Gabe's case, although his mother went on the run, even taking him out of state, it did not become kidnapping until it became time for his father to have his joint custody date/time per the custody order. So if there is no order, I'm thinking it's not kidnapping, not abduction. Am I making sense?

The one in particular, where the parents were not yet divorced involved the mom taking the child in March, being charged with kidnapping in June, and father being granted custody in July.

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.225

If any of the four parents took Kyron, it looks like they could be charged with either kidnapping or custodial interference under Oregon statute.

Unfortunately I have some experience with the Oregon law; my daughter was told she could not leave the state without the consent of her ex-husband (for a period of time greater than ___; I can't recall the maximum time she was allowed to be away), even though she has custody. That caused her to lose a scholarship, because he would not give his consent (he has blown off nearly every visitation and doesn't pay child support, but he can dictate how she lives her life /rant)

PB did voice her opinion on it. I think on a morning show.

Is that the correct link? I couldn't find those statements in the article.

Yes, that's the correct link, and it's a direct copy/paste from the article. Here it is again:

This is a child who got lost inside a school with faculty there. That was the last time the child was seen.

I just clicked that link, have the window open, and just copy/pasted it again from that article.

I forgot to ask.. I was not able to determine what went on at the school between the main teacher and the sub (I'm sorry if I missed). Was the main teacher there and left (for whatever reason) and a sub came in?

I can't believe it either. Wasn't there a transcription of the call on the scanner thread. I'm trying to remember - didn't it say...child missed bus? I will try to find the translation - be back in about a week. lol

Snipprd

Kyron is a cute kid, read: handsome little boy.

That caught me square between the eyes Zucker. We posters always relate to the victim. In so many cases the child is almost dynamic to us as we want so hard to solve their case. It goes without saying every missing child is as important as those whose cases hit the headlines. Most don't make the news IMO.

With Kyron, I think he is a boy we would all love to have as our own child. Imaginative, industrious, exuding laughter, always looking at life with a happy heart. Cute as a bug in a rug. Ya Ya

Like every missing child we want them found and brought back home. They all are special to us in their own right. Helpless to defend themselves, none deserving of the fate they have met. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June