OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like emotions are running high in metro. (Portland)

Is that the southside?

Well, the side of the street closest to the school would be the north side, but on a busy event day, with lots of parents, I bet people would be parking on both sides of the street.

The parking lot does not look terribly big, and I would guess that most of the spots are reserved for school employees. I would guess that MOST visitors to the school would have to park on the street. If you look at a satellite picture, you can see that there is a lot of lawn/trees in front of the school, and it is not a short walk to get to the entrance.

It's just the basketball finals this evening, there will probably be a spot in late news tonight.

sigh... your sig photo.

:cry:

Seems like just last week we were hoping for resolution for Mackenzie, and still none.

That media advisory to the community isn't coming directly from the sheriff, but through the lens of the woman who posted this:

flickerww.jpg

because of this:

Kyron Horman Search May Have Suffered from a Confluence of Delays

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...erence-sheriff-calls-off-kyron-horman-search/

yes.. I saw that... weird

"Cindy Banks (owner Brooks Hill Historic Church) offers the following knowledgable suggestions regarding talking with the press:"

http://srnpdx.org/media

p.s. LOL at the knowledgeable typo*

Posters:

You've been told repeatedly not to discuss:

1. SM's FB page.

2. Speculation about why Kyron lives with SM and bio dad.

And you've been told for eons that when you mentions something from a blog, you must include the link. No "I read in a blog that..." without a link.

We keep seeing violations of these guidelines

Knock. It. Off. Now.

If you see a post that violates WS's guidelines, PLEASE hit the alert button! Do not hesitate. Also, do NOT respond to the post. That truly creates more work for the mods.

Hoppy
mod

Russian Billboards?
:waitasec:
emma from the other pond needs an explanation. :blushing: TIA

LOL...there is a large Bohemian community in the area with quite a long history from the recent research that I have done on the area. The locals can explain much better I am sure.

jmo

You gotta be crazy if you think an ABC affiliate would pre-empt Game 6 of the NBA Finals to broadcast the vigil.
Well that SUCKS that they wouldn't and IMO says what is important in this world to a lot. UGH. I mean really THIS IS more important then sports.

EVERY town needs to have a FREE channel that EVERYONE can receive where if something like this is going on you can change to that channel and watch .

sigh... your sig photo.

:cry:

Seems like just last week we were hoping for resolution for Mackenzie, and still none.

a lot of us are still fighting for her Puf, we are not letting her name or face fade silently into the backs of peoples minds. Promise. :)

This newsletter link is for the neighborhood association immediately around the school, IIRC. So it's not school advice, but neighborhood association advice. How many of these poor homeowners do you think were subject to SAR searches of their property?

I wonder if they've been communicating for quite some time in support of eachother. They might be closing ranks as a neighborhood, and believing they are doing the best thing for Kyron, his family, the school, LE and the investigation.

Just trying to think it through. Mostly because it's very very interesting to read those instructions and wonder who is the mastermind behind all this information control ... (I think it's FBI/CARD) ... who has clearly swooshed in early on and earned the confidence and cooperation of all these folks ... and perhaps even Intel ...
Feels that way to me anyway.

*makes another tin foil hat*

That might be working publicly, but these same people are posting all over the WWW behind their backs, and it's not pretty.

But I am seeing a lot of people on those other forums demanding links...so that is a good sign, maybe they learned that here...:)

They could have "asked", they could have implied it would impede the investigation, there's a number of ways they could have gotten that message across and yet he'd still answer truthfully with "no". Also to consider is that TY is a police detective. He could have advised them to stay away from media.

Here is a quote from SM father, who said that LE told the family to avoid the media, which LE refuted.

"Larry Moulton of Roseburg, the father of the boy's stepmother, said investigators urged the family to avoid the spotlight. But Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said that's not true. A sheriff's captain who has been working with the family "had a conversation with them and that's when they decided to talk to the media," he said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_family_makes_emo.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/06/is_krugers_sauvie_island_farm.html

Kruger, 56, operates a popular and highly visible fruit stand along Northwest Sauvie Island Road. In addition to selling locally grown berries, flowers and vegetables, he rents space on his 80 acres for about 40 weddings a year, several bike races and charges $5 a carload for a series of nine evening music concerts from July through Labor Day.

http://www.portlandsentinel.com/node/5266

just some interesting local flavor about the farm market stuff on Sauvie Island...FYI

According to the Skyline Ridge newsletter (neighborhood newsletter), the Sheriff's office hasn't forbidden anyone from talking to the news media. However, the editor/writers of the newsletter have particular advice:

http://srnpdx.org/current_newsline (June 15 Part II)

Please do not discuss the following:

The day of the disappearance
Feelings about members of the family
Speculations about the case or who you think is involved in Kyron's disappearance
Things you've observed that may pertain to the case - call those in to the sheriff
It would be appreciated if you could avoid negative comments about the school and law enforcement. A complete review of procedures and responses are being reviewed at both institutions

Please feel free to discuss the following:

Your own feelings or the feelings of your family
Your desire for Kyron's safe return
The impact of this event on the neighborhood
Your personal experiences as a parent at Skyline Elementary
Anything about the community, geography, events or mood of the neighborhood

Wow - is this for real ? I thought I was dreaming until I read it and read it and read it again , this is quite utterly bizarre, I feel like I am in middleschool in some kind of gym meeting with the principal ..... Is it just me :waitasec:

I thought I heard them say they too them out to give you a better look at this face. You know, photo shopped them out.

They did take the glasses off the picture just to get a look at what he would look like with out him.

Well that SUCKS that they wouldn't and IMO says what is important in this world to a lot. UGH. I mean really THIS IS more important then sports.

EVERY town needs to have a FREE channel that EVERYONE can receive where if something like this is going on you can change to that channel and watch .

Unfortunately, the station really has no choice in the matter, big time sports contracts like NBA championships are set years in advance. Local stations don't really have the option to pre-empt them unless it is for a safety emergency of some kind in that local area. They could face huge fines and even be in danger of losing network affiliations. I am sure someone is filming it for the news later, are there not any local independent stations that have any programming for that sort of thing?

jmo

There's a rumor going around that I like popcorn......

:cat:
I just saw Marc Klaas on NG. I am paraphrasing: He said the same thing I said, that LE wasted valuable time by not starting the investigation as a possible criminal matter along with the wondering off search. He said it is usually done all at the same time. Also he said he wonders why the family isn't out there more. He said he finds the handling of this whole thing strange. as do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000