OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Crap! KGW is worthless! They just said goodbye and are moving on in their programming. No further coverage of vigil. Stay tuned folks while I see if any *better* news stations are covering it. (Probably not KATU< they had sports on earlier)

According to the Skyline Ridge newsletter (neighborhood newsletter), the Sheriff's office hasn't forbidden anyone from talking to the news media. However, the editor/writers of the newsletter have particular advice:

http://srnpdx.org/current_newsline (June 15 Part II)

Please do not discuss the following:

The day of the disappearance
Feelings about members of the family
Speculations about the case or who you think is involved in Kyron's disappearance
Things you've observed that may pertain to the case - call those in to the sheriff
It would be appreciated if you could avoid negative comments about the school and law enforcement. A complete review of procedures and responses are being reviewed at both institutions

Please feel free to discuss the following:

Your own feelings or the feelings of your family
Your desire for Kyron's safe return
The impact of this event on the neighborhood
Your personal experiences as a parent at Skyline Elementary
Anything about the community, geography, events or mood of the neighborhood

WTH. do these people also own the church? Did they also post that sign putting down the newspaper article?

funny they say "Don't feel intimidated" about talking to media and yet they are being very intimidating IMO

Sorry folks. Can't find a local channel showing any more vigil. Looks like Portland is showing Kyron fatigue.

Sorry folks. Can't find a local channel showing any more vigil. Looks like Portland is showing Kyron fatigue.

It's just the basketball finals this evening, there will probably be a spot in late news tonight.

Haven't been on much lately but this case bothers me. I was right about Gardner and how that all played out so for what it's worth, here's what I think happened to Kyron. Science Fair - lots of parents come in, family etc. I think a parent or sibling of one of Kyron's friends came in and he went off with them. I think a teacher knows and saw it, (or maybe another parent) and they aren't releasing it because they don't want this perp to know what's up.

My thought was to immediately go to the family but with that day being a Science Fair, all bets are off because you get so many different people in there for those kinds of events.

Kyron is a cute kid, read: handsome little boy.

That is so pathetic. I have some rude comments, but I will keep them to myself.

I thought I would post something I saw at one of the news channel website's comment board. Sorry, I think it was KGW, but I didn't make a note of it. She says she was a former student at Skyline and mentions that the parking in the parking lot is limited, and people regularly park on the side of Skyline Rd in front of the school.

Just thought I would throw that out for discussion.

WTH. do these people also own the church? Did they also post that sign putting down the newspaper article?

funny they say "Don't feel intimidated" about talking to media and yet they are being very intimidating IMO

This newsletter link is for the neighborhood association immediately around the school, IIRC. So it's not school advice, but neighborhood association advice. How many of these poor homeowners do you think were subject to SAR searches of their property?

I wonder if they've been communicating for quite some time in support of eachother. They might be closing ranks as a neighborhood, and believing they are doing the best thing for Kyron, his family, the school, LE and the investigation.

Just trying to think it through. Mostly because it's very very interesting to read those instructions and wonder who is the mastermind behind all this information control ... (I think it's FBI/CARD) ... who has clearly swooshed in early on and earned the confidence and cooperation of all these folks ... and perhaps even Intel ...

Feels that way to me anyway.

*makes another tin foil hat*

According to the Skyline Ridge newsletter (neighborhood newsletter), the Sheriff's office hasn't forbidden anyone from talking to the news media. However, the editor/writers of the newsletter have particular advice:

http://srnpdx.org/current_newsline (June 15 Part II)

Please do not discuss the following:

The day of the disappearance
Feelings about members of the family
Speculations about the case or who you think is involved in Kyron's disappearance
Things you've observed that may pertain to the case - call those in to the sheriff
It would be appreciated if you could avoid negative comments about the school and law enforcement. A complete review of procedures and responses are being reviewed at both institutions

Please feel free to discuss the following:

Your own feelings or the feelings of your family
Your desire for Kyron's safe return
The impact of this event on the neighborhood
Your personal experiences as a parent at Skyline Elementary
Anything about the community, geography, events or mood of the neighborhood

I think the most important part of this post is the part BBM.

Also the following was mentioned:
"These are my thoughts about what would be helpful. These are my personal opinions, these are not guidelines from the Sheriff’s office".

Oh, I didn't say it has never happened...:truce:

I stated I didn't catch that part of the press conference before because the reporter wasn't very loud when asking the question. Also was nice for me to know that Gates hasn't specifically dealt with this situation before, not that it means anything except imo he is able to be more objective as to what happened.

I wasn't directing that at you... just that there have been such cases.

The PC where you couldn't hear the questions are pretty much useless to us IMO.

This newsletter link is for the neighborhood association immediately around the school, IIRC. So it's not school advice, but neighborhood association advice. How many of these poor homeowners do you think were subject to SAR searches of their property?

I wonder if they've been communicating for quite some time in support of eachother. They might be closing ranks as a neighborhood, and believing they are doing the best thing for Kyron, his family, the school, LE and the investigation.

Just trying to think it through. Mostly because it's very very interesting to read those instructions and wonder who is the mastermind behind all this information control ... (I think it's FBI/CARD) ... who has clearly swooshed in early on and earned the confidence and cooperation of all these folks ... and perhaps even Intel ...

Feels that way to me anyway.

*makes another tin foil hat*

But... but... but... it sounds like Stepford...

*joins you in making another tin foil hat, and makes an extra one for Calliope*

I thought I would post something I saw at one of the news channel website's comment board. Sorry, I think it was KGW, but I didn't make a note of it. She says she was a former student at Skyline and mentions that the parking in the parking lot is limited, and people regularly park on the side of Skyline Rd in front of the school.

Just thought I would throw that out for discussion.
Is that the southside?

That media advisory to the community isn't coming directly from the sheriff, but through the lens of the woman who posted this:

flickerww.jpg

because of this:

Kyron Horman Search May Have Suffered from a Confluence of Delays

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...erence-sheriff-calls-off-kyron-horman-search/

Russian Billboards?
:waitasec:
emma from the other pond needs an explanation. :blushing: TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads