OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I am just heart broken over this case,and it is baffling. I have one question and
if it has been asked,please forgive me. Why was no Amber Alert ever issued
in this case.I read where they say it did not meet the criteria but the criteria
is
1.child abducted
2.risk injury
3.sufficient info/(he was missing)
4.under 17 years old

What about this case did not meet the critieria.
So many things about this case I just don't understand.
moo

Hi there!
The guidelines are:

There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred. (It is very possible that they had reason to believe he wandered off and was lost, not abducted.)
The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction (there may not have been any information about an abduction. Even today - 11 days later - it doesn't sound like the LE have much information about an abduction) for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

Please don't post about posters. The topic here is Kyron and not each other.
where this post lands is random

Hi All,
I am just heart broken over this case,and it is baffling. I have one question and
if it has been asked,please forgive me. Why was no Amber Alert ever issued
in this case.I read where they say it did not meet the criteria but the criteria
is
1.child abducted
2.risk injury
3.sufficient info/(he was missing)
4.under 17 years old

What about this case did not meet the critieria.
So many things about this case I just don't understand.
moo

There is sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor's vehicle to issue an alert

http://www.amberalert.gov/faqs.htm#faq10

Gwenabob fyi,

There are people on Sauvie Island who have children at Skyline. This was confirmed via KGW new story June 11.They may be paying tuition, per your post.

Either paying tuition or using a fake address within the Skyline boundaries. That happens a lot too. My best friend used to work in the PPS transfer office and told me about the things people would do to get in (or out) of Portland schools. Portland simply was not granting ANY transfers out, but as I said, were happy to let outside students in.

Does anyone have a link to the online candlelight site for Kryon? TIA

On the FBI page, there are both custodial and noncustodial parents wanted for kidnapping their kids, and at least one that I remember where the parents had not even divorced.

But were they in violation of a custody order? I know in Gabe's case, although his mother went on the run, even taking him out of state, it did not become kidnapping until it became time for his father to have his joint custody date/time per the custody order. So if there is no order, I'm thinking it's not kidnapping, not abduction. Am I making sense?

Either paying tuition or using a fake address within the Skyline boundaries. That happens a lot too. My best friend used to work in the PPS transfer office and told me about the things people would do to get in (or out) of Portland schools. Portland simply was not granting ANY transfers out, but as I said, were happy to let outside students in.

OT but this happens everywhere. I used to manage apartments next to a good high school and parents would rent a studio to use as an address and never even enter it...just pre-pay for the school year.

Is there anywhere to watch the vigil online? Thanks.

Oh they are showing vigil right now on tv, they have people singing, playing piano, guitar.. oh how sad..
KGW 8

From the sheriff's office:

Clear Channel Outdoor donates 30 billboards to help get the message out to bring Kyron home - 06/15/10

Today June 15, 2010, Clear Channel Outdoor - Oregon & SW Washington donated the materials and the space for the 30 billboards in an effort to help bring Kyron home. Ten of the billboards are written in Russian, ten are written in Spanish and ten are written in English. All of the billboards were put up today with the exception of two English billboards which are pending installation.

Attached is a listing of the addresses of the 30 billboard and a map indicating the locations.

A sample picture of the billboards will be available tomorrow.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

This is ALL so confusing. This leads me to believe they don't think SM did it. ( they would not waiste money or services if they knew what happened or had a good idea JMO )

Where I live, I think that you can be out of district if your childcare is in the district, but I am not sure.

http://srnpdx.org/current_newsline (June 15 Part II)

Please do not discuss the following:

The day of the disappearance
Feelings about members of the family
Speculations about the case or who you think is involved in Kyron's disappearance
Things you've observed that may pertain to the case - call those in to the sheriff
It would be appreciated if you could avoid negative comments about the school and law enforcement. A complete review of procedures and responses are being reviewed at both institutions

Wowsers!

This is ALL so confusing. This leads me to believe they don't think SM did it. ( they would not waiste money or services if they knew what happened or had a good idea JMO )

I have no idea what to think, but Clear Channel may not be privvy to what LE thinks.

And since he has not been found, it doesn't matter who took him. They still need his picture out there to find him.

Is there any news from the vigil?

I changed my avi - I thought since I lit a candle IRL here on my desk, it would be nice to do a virtual one for Kyron on here.

I am watching KGW. They have not shown a lot of the vigil. So far, they have only shown some singing by a trio--very nice. Singing a hymn I know as "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer," in a modern style. Very large chapel with lots of theater style seating, and LOTS of empty seats. I can only see the front half, but it would appear to me to be about 1/3 filled. Maybe fuller in the back, can't see that.

Commercial now, but will fill you in when they go back to the vigil.

I think the billboards are along with the reward to locating Kyron...not really changing the meaning of anything that has been stated, that I can see. JMO They want to remind people to look for him, but I don't think they expect he will be found alive. JMO

Oh wait - nevermind. The vigil is at 7 or 8? I keep forgetting the time difference - I'm 3 hours ahead of all ya'll.

snipped by me:

I do not think LE necessarily had a specific lead in order to pursue the SI search. I think it's perfectly logical that a perp trying to exit the Skyline area and looking for a discreet, private place to do his business and dump a body would go to SI. The bridge to SI comes up quite soon after Newberry Rd enters Hwy 30 (and as a perp I'd NOT head back into Portland in broad daylight, nor would I head W from Skyline into the flat, more exposed and well trafficked farmlands). I expect if they don't turn up anything on the search on SI they will proceed to the next most logical spot (possibly heading W instead of E from Skyline). This would also fit with the 3 hour timeline cited elsewhere on the Kyron threads. A perp would not need nighttime to dispose of a body at either of the roads deadending in the wilderness area on SI, particularly on a weekday.

I hope, hope, hope this is wrong and that somehow, miraculously, he will turn up alive. It is too awful.

Thank you for your well thought out post. It's good to hear you say that about daylight in that area not impeding a perp to dispose of anything, as that has seemed confusing to me.

I can't remember the news report or PC that it was on, but the LE did say they were searching that area based on a tip.

Some one here posted earlier about the police saying they were looking for something specific and they felt sure they would find it. They said it was on the local news website, but I took a quick look and couldn't find it.

I hope they know something for sure, but I have so many doubts.

I think we have all become very attached to this young boy, how could anyone not?

That pic in the link earlier today of him with his dad and sister on the couch with that box on his head just cracked me up. I think I would have really liked this child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0