OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not getting the truck. They have it towed for repairs. The sheriff's office itself tells the news station that. I'm missing something.

I didn't even know the Horman's owned a white truck. A red mustang, yes. Interesting with the 3 sightings of a white truck driving in obscure places !!! Although the report of the one on SI had a cover on the back I believe. xox

That we can sleuth, namelessly for now, right? Is anyone here good at that, finding out who that would be? Looking up the plat and tax records.

I don't think we invade the privacy of the neighbors. What you do off the board is your business, of course.

just an observation:

media must be on stake-out watch @ Kyron's home area - to catch the tow truck like that, and the neighbor's home search, etc...

media TRIED to get statements today out of LE. media was told about a war room and they are not allowed in...

(see video links posts above)

So...my observation is that media seems to be trying to stay on this story and be in the right places.

Did you catch in the one video the reporter mentions there is already evidence inside the place they are relocating to? Hmmmm...inquiring minds want to know.

Okay, since the sheriff's office said the family had it towed to a dealership for mechanical problems, what is it you think really happened here? The dealership is going to clean up evidence of a crime for the stepmother?

Perhaps I should have added a qualifier stating that I was sharing my opinion. Sorry for my lapse in judgment.

I definitely do NOT think for any reason that the dealership (or anyone else) would clean anything up for anyone. I also noted that I have not been one to believe that the family is involved in any way. However, I cannot ignore the timing of a WHITE TRUCK being towed from the Horman family home during the investigation for their missing son while a suspicious WHITE TRUCK has been one of the only tips being released to the general public. (Thank you, Jim Kelley...(http://www.kptv.com/news/23816333/detail.html)

They also mention in this same video that KOIN was present while LE searched the house across the street from the Horman family home for clues. Hmmm...looks like this investigation is hitting close to home...literally.

I do not believe in coincidences.

The above statements reflect my opinion only.

Yes, but I do not understand as to why a car that matches a description that people were giving about a white truck would be allowed to be driven off to basically be cleaned of any possible evidence. Am I wrong here when I swear that is what I have read about a suspicious white truck?

BTW- I think I am just tired and jumping to conclusions because what everyone is posting is making sense to me. Sorry!

IMO, LE would have checked out that truck the first day it was reported about the white truck being seen. Or rather they'd have checked out both vehicles regardless. I just don't see LE allowing evidence to get away from them, not something this obvious.

I would think the family and LE shouldn't be surprised by everyone doing a little head scratching about the truck being towed. Everyone is on edge! We've heard the reports about a white truck being "suspicious" and then the family has one towed.

Just normal Hmmmm...it could be totally NOT connected but people are going to wonder.

I'm just not getting the truck. They have it towed for repairs. The sheriff's office itself tells the news station that. I'm missing something.

Did you not see all those cloaks and daggers whilst the truck was towed BeanE? LOL!

(they must have been invisibility cloaks!)

BeanE, I agree. I too am missing what you are missing given the video I watched, unless that's an unmarked LE service group picking up that truck, it's a red herring.

*hands BeanE a delicious bowl of red herring soup*

You know, some ace reporter could easily chase that down. They will find the dealership where that truck went. You can bet yer sweet bippy.

No, I think that would be above and beyond the regular investigation. LE works with the Prosecutor's office, but I think that is when it is obvious someone is being looked at. Then they have to prove the case to the Prosecutor's specifications for arrest and trial, right? I don't know.

Is that true that the Prosecutor visited the Horman house today? Their pickup was towed today? ??? ???

I am just telling you what my husband said . He is speaking from a view as a Le Officer . He said it is not uncommon when it's a home of a victim where they are trying to protect the privacy. Matter of fact he said he knows of a Case where they even Video Taped the family in the home instead of them coming into the Office.

The DA's Office works for the Victims. We don't know if the family if a POI or not.

A DA investigator works for the DA's office . They are A LE Officer that Carries a Badge, A gun etc and they assist the DA in investigating crimes that would go to include determing if a crime has been commited , who is the victim of the crime , who is the suspect and helps the DA and the police build a case.

This is not my husbands opinion it is a fact that in OUR state this is how it works. Again we don't live in the same state as Kyron there for things could very well be done another way.Every departments has their own way of doing things.

That comes with the standard warranty on cars with closed trunks. Every 3 crimes or 30,000 miles.

It took me three readings of this post to take it in. At first I just couldn't figure out what it was saying. I didn't realize that jokes might be posted here about a child's body possibly being in a trunk. I'm stunned.

Sorry if this comment is considered rude, but I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Did you catch in the one video the reporter mentions there is already evidence inside the place they are relocating to? Hmmmm...inquiring minds want to know.

nope, missed that...

gosh, so many little tidbit videos to listen to over and over and over...

Maybe they (news station) will transcript these?

I don't think we invade the privacy of the neighbors. What you do off the board is your business, of course.

I was being a bit facetious, but why was their white truck parked at the neighbors? I did say namelessly :angel:

I didn't even know the Horman's owned a white truck. A red mustang, yes. Interesting with the 3 sightings of a white truck driving in obscure places !!! Although the report of the one on SI had a cover on the back I believe. xox

Yes especially with those sightings at the times they were. Imagine, e.g., the sighting on Saturday. They must have had an entourage of LE and media following them as they went to dump the body. And none of the LEOs or media have said a word about it!

Fox 12 just showed video of the vigil held tonight, everyone with candles.. how beautiful but so sad...

I don't think that LE would have allowed the truck to be removed if they had a need for it. They have named this a criminal investigation, which means they probably have been able to obtain search warrants, if needed. Maybe they already searched it.

Also, if they are searching the home across the street, it could be that the people who live there were out of town last week and not able to respond to request for a search at that time.

Quick question. If LE knows who was with Kyron and likely took him (which we don't know if they do - only speculation), then why keep tight lipped and just watch that person? Why not bring that person in for questioning, search their property and vehicles, etc.... I can't think of anythign to be gained by just watching a suspected person. I guess they maybe have brought someone in and we just don't know it. But I don't understand the rationale of just keeping an eye on the person they feel is responsible (if that is the case). I'm not being sarcastic - I am genuinely wanting to know. TIA for any thoughts. I would think finding Kyron alive or deceased is much more important at this point than building a case against someone.

Perhaps I should have added a qualifier stating that I was sharing my opinion. Sorry for my lapse in judgment.

I definitely do NOT think for any reason that the dealership (or anyone else) would clean anything up for anyone. I also noted that I have not been one to believe that the family is involved in any way. However, I cannot ignore the timing of a WHITE TRUCK being towed from the Horman family home during the investigation for their missing son while a suspicious WHITE TRUCK has been one of the only tips being released to the general public. (Thank you, Jim Kelley...(http://www.kptv.com/news/23816333/detail.html)

They also mention in this same video that KOIN was present while LE searched the house across the street from the Horman family home for clues. Hmmm...looks like this investigation is hitting close to home...literally.

I do not believe in coincidences.

The above statements reflect my opinion only.

That tip wasn't exactly released to the public, not by LE anyway. The interview where this person mentioned the truck is just a passing comment by a guy who was willing to be interviewed. By the time that this man "heard from his neighbor who saw a similar truck" at 2 am......LE was already with the Horman family on their 24/7 basis, so I am pretty sure they would know if any of them went out at 2 am and hopped in the truck to go for a drive.

jmoo

I think it was very irresponsible for the news to post the video of the truck being towed. That causes unnecessary speculation. This was not an LE tow--there was no police presence there--period, end of story. If they thought it was bogus they would have followed it. My guess is that is was towed so they wouldn't have to be chased by the media to the dealer. Sheesh!

Well, to play the devil's advocate...

The reporter saw the tow. She went to LE for an explanation. I see nothing wrong with that, in fact I'm glad she did and reported what LE said, as it was sure to fuel the rumor mill once it got out the truck was towed away.

IMO, LE would have checked out that truck the first day it was reported about the white truck being seen. Or rather they'd have checked out both vehicles regardless. I just don't see LE allowing evidence to get away from them, not something this obvious.

. . . . at least since this afternoon when Marc Klaas gave his thoughts on the case on national TV, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member