OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we certainly don't know that the biological mom had any serious negative issues that account for her not having kept custody of her infant son, much less that she still has any such issues. However, she apparently still uses the last name Horman, and it's been reported that she and his father were divorced on a certain date shortly after Kyron was born, so they were married when he was born. That tells me aren't talking about someone who was a victim of statutory rape, gave birth at a very early age to a young father who couldn't/wouldn't pay child support, etc. Kyron's father apparently has a good job at Intel, and is now married to a licensed school teacher who has a 16 year old son, so it's unlikely that seven years ago he was married to a woman who was too young to take care of a baby. It's just extremely unusual for a "fit" mother not to retain at least equally shared custody of an infant in a divorce.

I believe her name is different. This was posted earlier.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Desiree-Davidson-Young/100000350215927

I'm sure he probably was into computers. With his dad's work and having the older step brother living there previously. My 7 yr old is very smart and loves the computer. she has her own facebook page and gets on a few websites. We watch what she is doing on the computer.

Wow I would beg you to reconsider and take your 7-year old off of social networking websites. It's called the World Wide Web, and every predator in the world now has access to your child. Ever hear of the web site called http://thedeadkidsofmyspace.blogspot.com Why does a 7-year old need an internet presence? Better to be drawing, playing music or playing outside. Sorry not trying to blame you, I just think kids in general would be safer and better off if they were on the internet much less. Glad you supervise her when she is there.

I pray for Kyron's safe return and hope he is just lost. I had to chime in however that I am astounded that there are no surveillance cameras around the school. I just always assumed that was par for the course.

Far.. I used to live on a road off Hwy 26 way out near Banks, and even now, it is HARD to get onto that highway and there are a lot of wrecks.. Even past Vernonia/Timber exit and beyond...

HWY 26 goes to the east to Gresham and beyond. It would be Powell Blvd. It would not be unusual to see children walking down Powell Blvd.

:twocents:

I don't get it either but LE must have a good reason. I just can't come up with one....:banghead:

It could be they simply don't want family to *slip* up and make a statement regarding information LE hasn't released.

Someone brought up the fact that there was a talant show scheduled for that afternoon, but none of Kyron's family attended. I really will be surprised if this boy ran off, but if we consider all possibilities, I wonder if he might have asked his step-mom about it right before she left the school. If he was excited about the show, but found out at the last minute that she or his dad would not be able to attend, maybe he was upset and ran off a short distance to hide and sulk. A little boy- alone and upset...just the kind of opportunity a predator looks for.

Another possibility...if Kyron were upset for some reason and didn't make it back inside to class on time, he might have been afraid or embarrassed to come in late. He might have intended to hide out until bus-time. Maybe he fell asleep, missed the bus, and tried to walk home. It would have made more sense to find a phone and call home, or ask a shopkeeper for help, but who knows what a scared little kiddo might do? :waitasec:...Oh my goodness! What if he tried to call home and no one answered? Could that be why the family is not talking, so they won't slip and let a kidnapper know he has access to a phone?

Even if Kyron initially ran off,(which I doubt), I don't believe for a minute that this child ever intended to stay gone. Poor baby. Dear God, bless that little boy and keep him safe!

I pray for Kyron's safe return and hope he is just lost. I had to chime in however that I am astounded that there are no surveillance cameras around the school. I just always assumed that was par for the course.

I find this shocking as well. You can bet the person responsible for Kyron's disappearance was probably well aware of the lack of cameras around the school.

Will someone please provide a link to either a video or statement made by LE stating they do not want the family to speak to the public?

I do not feel that is the case. I feel it has been the family's decision up to this point not to talk to the media.

I completely agree with you, and think with so little information being released, some are turning their own speculations into facts that are now being repeated as facts....

So far, no one seems to be able to back up their assertations with any source link so I would state at this point, it is the FAMILY who is making the choice not to speak, individually for their own personal reasons, but eventually it will all come out and make sense....

Maybe the biomom had no money, no support, or felt that she didn't, maybe bad/no legal advice, who knows. Maybe she felt inadequate and felt the dad and stepmom (who, if you add up the timeline may have been dating the dad before the breakup or even birth...hard to determine) but anyway people can get really messed up in the head over marraiges going bad so who knows why she doesn't have full custody but it isn't always drugs or something "BAD" like that. Sometimes its just unfortunate. Point is, we don't know so is it relevant?

Actually I can't think of a case off-hand whereby a child was released by their abductor as a direct result of the parents televised plea. I for one am going to trust for now that the FBI profiler may be of the opinion that a televised plea made by the parents at this time could result in increasing the perp's agitation level and potentially cause him/her to panic and fatally harm Kyron. JMHO at the moment ~

Elizabeth Olten's family (I think) never went before the press.

I completely agree with you, and think with so little information being released, some are turning their own speculations into facts that are now being repeated as facts....

So far, no one seems to be able to back up their assertations with any source link so I would state at this point, it is the FAMILY who is making the choice not to speak, individually for their own personal reasons, but eventually it will all come out and make sense....

Gotta link? ;)

There seems to be more evidence that LE has asked family not to speak out (as they did school officials) than that the family has made this decision on their own. The mom saying she didn't want to hinder the investigation would seem to come from LE. I can't really see someone coming up with that explanation out of the blue.

I keep having this image of the SM walking him to class and then parting. she leaves and Kyron is almost to class and then thinks of something he may have forgot in the car and heads out to the parking lot to get it, but the SM has already left and he's standing in the parking lot all alone and someone grabbed him there. just my opinion. really praying for Kyron's safe return

do we know if she drove to the school that morning?

Wow I would beg you to reconsider and take your 7-year old off of social networking websites. It's called the World Wide Web, and every predator in the world now has access to your child. Ever hear of the web site called http://thedeadkidsofmyspace.blogspot.com Why does a 7-year old need an internet presence? Better to be drawing, playing music or playing outside. Sorry not trying to blame you, I just think kids in general would be safer and better off if they were on the internet much less. Glad you supervise her when she is there.

Not to mention that it's also against facebook's rules for children under 13 to have a facebook.

HWY 26 goes to the east to Gresham and beyond. It would be Powell Blvd. It would not be unusual to see children walking down Powell Blvd.

Yes you are right it does go east also.. I am not familiar with the east side that much =)

I keep having this image of the SM walking him to class and then parting. she leaves and Kyron is almost to class and then thinks of something he may have forgot in the car and heads out to the parking lot to get it, but the SM has already left and he's standing in the parking lot all alone and someone grabbed him there. just my opinion. really praying for Kyron's safe return

bbm

Yes, she did.

IIRC, someone posted earlier that because of the early start for the fair, she drove him to school instead of him taking the bus in. I may have dreamed that tho' lol.

Gotta link? ;)

There seems to be more evidence that LE has asked family not to speak out (as they did school officials) than that the family has made this decision on their own. The mom saying she didn't want to hinder the investigation would seem to come from LE. I can't really see someone coming up with that explanation out of the blue.

BBM. I have not seen a link to her saying that either. I may have missed it. Someone said bio mom said that.

The impression I got from the most recent PC was the family was not ready to talk.

IIRC, someone posted earlier that because of the early start for the fair, she drove him to school instead of him taking the bus in. I may have dreamed that tho' lol.

That is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member