OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took it to mean going to work-out

One of her "Likes & Interests" is weightlifting. Just saying...

To each their own but I wouldn't be going to the gym to work out. At least I don't think I would! Hopefully I never have to find out.

Is that what she means by that? Her statement was "hitting the gym tomorrow".

I know what you mean about not wanting to point fingers at her. Grief and fear are weird and everyone reacts differently.

But yeah, it's odd.

I try not to judge parents too much in these situations, because I can't imagine the pain. I feel like the step mom here is innocent of any wrong doing. But if something like this was to happen to one of my kids, I'm not sure I would be able to function, let alone work out.

JMO...

I AM NOT blaming the stepmother, so PLEASE..no one take it that way.

However, I'm very curious on something. To everyone on this board...if your 7 year old son (or step son that you raised since he was an infant) was missing..would you be going to the gym, etc?

There is no way. If my son was missing I would be almost paralyzed with grief... the only thing I would be able to do would be look for him... no matter what LE said, they would have to put me in custody to stop me from searching every avenue until I found him.

I heard something about his drawings but haven't seen any. But why the secrecy on whether he has any known illnesses or meds he needs? And what was everyone talking about a photo released of him in his soccer uniform? What was that about?

The soccer photo was copyrighted. Kyron has a right of privacy as to any illnesses he may have or any meds he might be taking, just the same as anyone else. Just because he is missing doesn't negate that right. Would have to obtain permission from the parents to release that information, and imo, I don't see the point.

I saw that comment on FB also. I think it's important not to read too much into things like that tbh. Personally, the thought of going to the Gym to workout would probably be the last thing on my mind if one of my children were missing. But, everyone copes it different ways and we shouldn't judge them for it.

I honestly have no idea how it would affect me if it were one of my daughters (god forbid). I think it's all well and good to say, I would never do that if it were my child missing, but, unless it actually happens to you I'm pretty sure you never really know what you would do....

IIRC they used helicopters and I think heat sensors at night, the night vision that catches the heat from a body. I really don't think he is in the woods. I really feel like someone was waiting for the opportunity to take a kid or it presented itself and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The mother doesn't paint a picture of what the hall was like when she walked him almost to his class. Where there other kids in the hall, adults, anyone? If he went into the boys room before class, he could have been approached by someone he knew. That day was the perfect day to get kid to your car on the pretense of helping carry something inside. I don't think he is in the area anymore. I know they have to start with the last seen place and work out, but my heart tells me he is gone from that area.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd rather hang on to a positive scenario since it's almost the exact same situation that occured with Nadia Bloom a month or so ago. That all took place just a couple miles from my house and they used Heat seekers then as well, plus dogs, mounted police, boats, air boats, and hundreds of ground crew searching the woods. Yet, she wasn't found until almost day five and that by a civilian searcher. All hope was pretty much gone by that time that she'd be found alive, but she was and just slightly dehydrated, a bit soggy with some bug bites.

Maybe everyone should contact thier local schoolboard and question if the schools have safety measures and procedures up to date now.People feel like schools are a safe zone for thier kids,they are not,obviously.

I think it would be a great idea to work together to compile a list of security measures that we think should be in place at school and then any of us that are interested could present it to our school board.

I would also be curious about any kids that may have been bullies. Did Kyron have any run in with any kids older than him? You never know about kids. Not saying anything bad about the school or the kids, just some thing that crossed my mind.

I wondered about this too.

Yes, the "hitting the gym" is on her facebook...and does sound like she was going to work out. I know everyone is different but I cannot imagine, in the midst of all of this, wanting to go anyplace public that did not involve searching for my child. It's been indicated that she is too devastated to make a statement. But going to the gym is not going to help her case, I had already seen that was making the rounds on the newspaper comments sites.

I too would love for LE to just say one thing- the family is cleared. Yet they won't or can't say this. I understand that no one is ever cleared, etc...but it is still troubling, especially after the way they ended that press conference today.

I don't know what happened, don't even know what I think privately happened here, but I do not think it was a stranger abduction.

I AM NOT blaming the stepmother, so PLEASE..no one take it that way.

However, I'm very curious on something. To everyone on this board...if your 7 year old son (or step son that you raised since he was an infant) was missing..would you be going to the gym, etc?

You are the vital link to your child. You are the one who can motivate others to look for your child. You must take care of yourself so you can have the strength to search for your child. Please... eat well, sleep, keep in contact with family and friends, find a way to relax and exercise. Don't feel guilty about doing any of these things. You need to hold on to your sanity and stay healthy and strong for the day your child returns home.

Tips from Team Hope for Parents/Family of Missing Child
(an org that is part of NCMEC)
http://www.teamhope.org/nonfamilydo.html

You're not the only one who'd have to do something!
I would not be able to sit still & wait, my mind would be running at a billion miles per hour, imagining the worst scenarios. I would have to channel that energy outwards or I'd end up in a straitjacket.

I would be the opposite, I wouldn't sleep( i can't sleep now) and I would stare out the window. And I would want to check every door and locker myself in that school until I felt satisfied. I probably would go crazy until i did. Everyone does things differently.

Hmmm...I see.

Personally, I wouldn't be at the gym b/c I can come up with any excuse not to go :innocent: . There could be lint in my dryer that needed emptying, or something equally urgent.

However, I know some gym rats and workout fanatics who are just the opposite. When a friend was dying of cancer, her husband said the one thing that would be really helpful was if someone could sit with her while he "got a run in." I remember looking at another friend and we both shrugged, completely baffled, but it was the one thing that kept him calm and sane. I don't get it, but her friend's response was not "WHAT???" but "I figured" so it sounds like that is her way of dealing with stress.

If the bio mom is there, tensions may be high and it may be a way to get out of the house alone for a few. My guess is that she hasn't been alone in 4-5 days except maybe a shower, has been trying to hold it together for her DD, and this is her chance.

And, now that I think of it, when my BFF's mom was diagnosed with cancer, she turned off her phone, went to the gym, and cried on the treadmill for an hour. So...I don't know.

I think LE has to walk a fine line of getting as much information IN as they can while not letting too much OUT. Right now they have to find this little boy .

darlin gal- I feel a little better now. I was starting to feel crazy.

Man, I guess I would look guilty as heck if it, God forbid, ever happened to me. Especially with the stuff I google.

Hi. I am a new poster. I am not saying that the stepmom is guilty of anything either. But, I don't understand why she would not be at Kyron's talent show? I also don't understand the "hitting the gym" comment either. I also have hoped from day one that Terri Horman would replace her Facebook's profile picture of her 18 month old daughter with her missing son--Kyron Horman. That way, when people visit her Facebook page, they are reminded of Kyron and have his image in their mind. On channel 8 news earlier, the neighbor of Desiree Harmon (Kyron's biological mother) was quoted by the news anchor regarding Facebook. The woman apparently changed her profile picture to a picture of Kyron and asked other Facebook users to do the same. Did anyone else see this?

The soccer photo was copyrighted. Kyron has a right of privacy as to any illnesses he may have or any meds he might be taking, just the same as anyone else. Just because he is missing doesn't negate that right. Would have to obtain permission from the parents to release that information, and imo, I don't see the point.

You don't see the point? I've been following missing cases for quite awhile and illnesses and meds needed/left behind are almost always noted. Many are classified as endangered missing because a med is needed/was left behind, etc. It is noted when children have autism or ADD, are known to run away, etc. Often it is noted when someone is suicidal. When infants are abducted they stress what meds are needed to keep the infant safe/alive. etc. etc. etc.

When is the next presser?

Planning another briefing at 4PM today.

Principal at Skyline on now. (Missed the name). Parents and community are coming together to support one another. Praying for Kyron and his family. Concern and focus at school is to run the school in a way to support them at this difficult time. (Can't keep up with all he's saying). Yesterday was hectic while talking to each student.

KVAL has moved away from the presser and is now talking about the area being forested, what he is wearing etc. (DANG! Wish they'd stay with the presser! :()

They are asking people even from central Oregon to call in if they know of anything. Now they are talking about how our school districts handle absent kids.

An odd thing to say. imo.

Here's why; the coastal area is closer, Hwy 26 goes from Portland to the coast, and central Or, is a mountain range away.
Does someone he knows live there in Central Oregon?
Lots of people from Southern Oregon know him, why not say that?
I'm just wondering, that all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members