OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read through everything so I may have missed this already being posted...

Fox 12 got ahold of Kyron's mother on Tuesday...

"I'm really concentrating on finding Kyron. We're just trying to get his face out there and finding him is our top priority." - Desiree - Kyron's mother

There is just something so weird about this case. I have been thinking about it today as I drove around and was away from the news about it. My head hurts way too bad to try and figure it out... but as I photographed the river flooding everywhere and people sand bagging... I again wondered if they have searched the waterways in the area yet?

I LOVE that map... !! -) I didn't even know you could make one that way!

Finally finished catching up again! I, like many here, vote that he was taken. ( I also officially voted, but wanted to post also so I can add that I am happy the time outs were a mistake. I was wondering all day what I did, lol.) Prayers that Kyron will be home safe and sound soon!!

thanks for the info on the astros Butterfly. They say that this female perp is one incredibly sick person.

I hope her sickness has shined through so that others have seen it. Perhaps a babysitter or neighbor?

I didn't read through everything so I may have missed this already being posted...

Fox 12 got ahold of Kyron's mother on Tuesday...

"I'm really concentrating on finding Kyron. We're just trying to get his face out there and finding him is our top priority." - Desiree - Kyron's mother

There is just something so weird about this case. I have been thinking about it today as I drove around and was away from the news about it. My head hurts way too bad to try and figure it out... but as I photographed the river flooding everywhere and people sand bagging... I again wondered if they have searched the waterways in the area yet?

you know there is something off about this case so I keep trying to focus on what we dont know and what is diffrent from this case and all the others. The way LE is being so quiet leads me to beleive a minor is involved and they may be protecting the minor. Or they know who has him and are watching the person. If he had wandered off they would say thats what they beleive. I dont see them hauling the parents in and questioning them for hours. So I think they believe the parents. If they beleived it was a school staff member, they wouldn't have endangered all these kids by allowing them to return to school. So I'm going off whats not happening, if that makes since. I honestly feel they are protecting a minor.

I LOVE that map... !! -) I didn't even know you could make one that way!

I try to make them on every case I follow. I wish I could figure out how to to a map link page. Others have made maps, too, and I appreciate them, too.

No disrespect but why would LE protect a perp?
If the per is a minor they would, this is what they said about Bustamante who was 15 at the time and was the murderer of a 9 year old, BUT Bustamante led them to the body in the woods which had been searched several times by the way and with dogs, but this is what they sai....
"I know that it would be cathartic for the public to know exactly what happened, but the difficulty with that is, we have to maintain a prosecutable case," White was quoted in an AP report. "We're not going to contaminate jury pools or anything else."

Because she was a juvenile, there was a question whether or not she'd be tried as an adult, possible under state law which could then make her eligible for the death penalty. But Missouri has an unusual two-pronged system for dealing with young offenders, one that mirrors Canada's.

Missouri is one of 22 states using a "dual jurisdiction" system. If a suspect is found guilty, then the offender can be held until age 21, when a new hearing is held, and it is determined whether the offender has been rehabilitated or should serve the rest of the sentence.
http://http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/alyssa_bustamante/5.html

So see if the perp is beleived to be a child and they have yet to find him they would possably protect a minor.

I got a virus warning from that site.

Thats odd, it TRUTV's website..... but anyway you can google Alyssa Bustamante and Elizabeth Olsten. Alyssa was a 15 year old who killed her siblings 9 year old playmate,as she was leaving to go home she lured her into the woods and killed her and put her in a pre dug grave...... Police and cadaver dogs searched for a few days for her and ultimately Alyssa confessed that she did it, and she wasnt even a suspect they thought it had to be a SO that grabbed her on the way home. Dogs never picked up her scent or anything.

If the per is a minor they would, this is what they said about Bustamante who was 15 at the time and was the murderer of a 9 year old, BUT Bustamante led them to the body in the woods which had been searched several times by the way and with dogs, but this is what they sai....
"I know that it would be cathartic for the public to know exactly what happened, but the difficulty with that is, we have to maintain a prosecutable case," White was quoted in an AP report. "We're not going to contaminate jury pools or anything else."

Because she was a juvenile, there was a question whether or not she'd be tried as an adult, possible under state law which could then make her eligible for the death penalty. But Missouri has an unusual two-pronged system for dealing with young offenders, one that mirrors Canada's.

Missouri is one of 22 states using a "dual jurisdiction" system. If a suspect is found guilty, then the offender can be held until age 21, when a new hearing is held, and it is determined whether the offender has been rehabilitated or should serve the rest of the sentence.
http://http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/alyssa_bustamante/5.html

So see if the perp is beleived to be a child and they have yet to find him they would possably protect a minor.

If the perp is a minor then the public needs protection from them, not vice versa.

That's one of the reasons I am leaning away from a minor. At first it made sense but has time has gone on it seems unlikely that someone that young could have not talked about it to someone or confessed. Also, I don't think they could hide someone that well and they would be unable (if very young) to drive them anywhere. But, as you said, he could be close and just not found yet. I am hoping at this point that whoever took him has him well hiden in a home and will release him. Wishful thinking compared to the alternative.

I hope you are right but I pray they check all behavior students past and present as well as siblings of classmates who may have attended.
I too hope he is found alive, but the longer this goes on the less likely, Every once in awhile we have an Elizabeth Smart or Jaycee Dugard but its not often

I don't know why but I have been feeling more optimistic today, that he is alive and being hiden. Usually in these cases I fear the worse but for some reason I am still hopeful. I pray I am right.

you know there is something off about this case so I keep trying to focus on what we dont know and what is diffrent from this case and all the others. The way LE is being so quiet leads me to beleive a minor is involved and they may be protecting the minor. Or they know who has him and are watching the person. If he had wandered off they would say thats what they beleive. I dont see them hauling the parents in and questioning them for hours. So I think they believe the parents. If they beleived it was a school staff member, they wouldn't have endangered all these kids by allowing them to return to school. So I'm going off whats not happening, if that makes since. I honestly feel they are protecting a minor.

I agree. The parents of the minor often protect the minor from LE as well. And generally speaking, if LE is dealing with a minor you won't see news stories such as, "16 year old John Smith* was taken to police headquarters again today for questioning in the disappearance of 7 year old Susi Jones*". LE may indeed be questioning a minor, but they don't tell the press or public about it.

*Names chosen totally at random and do not represent any actual persons living or dead.

I think it's time to make a list of what LE has said in the pressers, so we can get a clearer picture of what they are thinking, b/c to me, they seem a bit all over the place, from FBI profilers, to saying it's an isolated incident, which makes me think they think it's stranger abduction/serial offender, to a first time offender, and maybe not an offender at all.
Days ago Gates looked crushed, and now he acts like, someone took him on vacation without telling anyone, no big deal, and he'll show up by the end of the week, safe, happy, and tanned by the sunshine? SM is taking some needed time at the gym, so she's going to come out of isolation, they are going to give, likely a thank you statement for everyones' help, and all is well with the world. It's all been a little misunderstanding.

otoh, it could just be me misunderstanding what is being put out there for our consumption....idk? I'm confused. It is late though. I prolly just need some sleep. :i

So, I don't know what's going on.

Words about the case from an expert criminal profiler:

"Dr. Ron Turco said something about this case does not add up. Turco does not believe that Kyron walked away with a stranger. He believes that the young boy was smart enough to know not to leave school with a stranger, so he must have left with someone he knew - possibly a family member or a family friend, or someone else that he trusted."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37583899/ns/local_news-portland_or

Many of us here have been commenting for days that this case does not add up, and have come to the same conclusion as this expert and also feel that a family member or a family friend is involved. I do think that is why LE is being so reserved and withholding of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000