OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the FBI was all over the Kayleah case too....and it took a county worker to find her in a ditch a month later...JMO

and i keep thinking about Nadia being found by a church member/civilian. They weren't allowing the public to help search and she was found in the nick of time.

Maybe that was why LE stopped the pc abruptly - when the Principal mentioned field day coming up. I don't think so though. It seems it was when media was asking questions. It has to be him saying criminal investigation.

Our school puts all of that type of stuff up on the reader board outside the school. Sometimes it's the only way I know something is coming up (if I don't get the flyer home from school).

Alot of teachers are using emails now,which I think is a good idea to let parents know of upcoming events.Some have classroom sites on the school's homepage,but I think there should be a secured site for only parents to each classroom.You have to use your email address and a password.If I was a teacher I'd do that,it would be fun,not a live classroom,but a site showing what the kids are doing in classroom,activities,etc.

Posting streets here would be helpful! I'll copy them to the scanner forum to help there too.

ETA: You are FAST, Jules! :highfive:

Great minds baby! I posted them over there right after you did. Thanks.

I don't know what to think about this case. For awhile we thought Kyron was at the school until later that morning. Now we know he was last seen about the time stepmom left. I don't think something happened in those few minutes to make him run off into the woods for some reason. He was allegedly heading to his class. He had an awesome science project that I'm sure he was very proud of and eager to continue showing off. He had fun activities scheduled for the day.

I know,you just don't know what can come in a child's head.Maybe someone had been following them around in the school and saw the mother leave.Maybe heard her say she was taking him to class and she was leaving,just that minute of opportunity.Alot is riding on that sighting of him at 9am,I'll bet.

They're not telling who saw him at 9am,so probably a student and if he was with someone,they would have told LE.Which means,the student would have been questioned by now.I'm just wanting to believe he went out in those woods and got lost,but two miles radius is nothing,especially in a forest.Nadia and Zoey were within 3 miles,I think Nadia closer,can't remember.

Most kids can walk 2 miles in less than 2 hours. Kyron had over 3 times that long. He could be farther out than expected. This is what happened with Nadia...they never thought she'd be in the are she was due to the harsh environment there...even though that area WAS less than 2 miles from where she disappeared. That's an enormous area of woods and a child could easy be miles away still wandering. Luckily it's spring, lots of blackberries according to the locals and he seems to be a very resourceful kid, so he could find water. With the temps being relatively warm he could realistically keep himself going for much longer than just the 4 days he's been gone if he was scouting out something to add to his project and got turned around...again, just like Nadia. Still keeping the positive push that's what happened and he'll turn up with continued searching. BTW, has TES been asked to take part in the search?

Alot of teachers are using emails now,which I think is a good idea to let parents know of upcoming events.Some have classroom sites on the school's homepage,but I think they should be a secured site for only parents to each classroom.You have to use your email address and a password.If I was a teacher I'd do that,it would be fun,not a live classroom,but a site showing what the kids are doing in classroom,activities,etc.

I want to make a list of these types of security measures and send them to my elem. school. I think that is a great idea! Our school has websites for each class but they are open to anyone and they rarely use them.

Hello, firstly I am someone whom has never posted here before, but has lurked here for a couple of years, and I find this case so heartbreaking that I felt compelled to comment.

I do not mean to cast any bad light on the stepmother, but something she did on the day he went missing makes NO sense to me.

She was a teacher. So she understands the pressures teachers are under both first thing in the morning and during the setting up of a science fair, dealing with all the usual morning details plus helping the children left to set up because, for example, the parents could not help them due to work schedule conflicts. She has probably been in this situation.

Would this then not seem like the worst time to tell the teacher that he had an appointment?

I equate it to a mechanic coming up behind another mechanic who happens to be welding and suddenly calling out his name, despite knowing he was busy, had to concentrate and his interuption caused a dangerous and potentially lethal situation. I understand that people can be in a rush but to me this is really off.

On a side note, my heart trully breaks for this little boy. I hope he is found safe, but history is not in his favour.

Most kids can walk 2 miles in less than 2 hours. Kyron had over 3 times that long. He could be farther out than expected. This is what happened with Nadia...they never thought she'd be in the are she was due to the harsh environment there...even though that area WAS less than 2 miles from where she disappeared. That's an enormous area of woods and a child could easy be miles away still wandering. Luckily it's spring, lots of blackberries according to the locals and he seems to be a very resourceful kid, so he could find water. With the temps being relatively warm he could realistically keep himself going for much longer than just the 4 days he's been gone if he was scouting out something to add to his project and got turned around...again, just like Nadia. Still keeping the positive push that's what happened and he'll turn up with continued searching. BTW, has TES been asked to take part in the search?

Supposedly, they are back in Aruba right now.

I am trying to put myself in the family's shoes. Their little boy, only 7 years old, is missing and is either in the hands of an evil criminal, or is hurt, abandoned and alone and scared. The only other alternative is that he may already be dead. If he is not dead, he is surely in danger and suffering emotionally and probably physically. For days, LE has been asking the public for tips, and so far, none have led us to Kyron.

As a parent, I can't stand the thought of allowing any child to suffer for one moment longer, much less my own child. Kyron disappeared from a very busy, public place in broad daylight. Someone had to see something that could be important, and that someone apparently has not told LE, maybe because they don't believe it's important, or maybe because they don't want to be the one who turns someone in.

I don't think I would be able to resist the urge to speak out publicly and in person. I would want the public to see my face and hear my voice. I wouldn't care what anyone thought of me or if any of my relatives would be mad at me. I would not want to miss the slightest chance that seeing me plead for my child's life could move that one important witness to come forward...because someone somewhere knows what happened to Kyron...someone knows someone who was not where they were supposed to be on Friday. Maybe they hope they are wrong and afraid they might be right. I would have to publicly beg for information.

I don't suspect Kyron's family members. "Friends" of a family member or aquaintances, maybe...could be someone from school or someone from Facebook. Even if one of the family members ends up being involved, the rest of the family would still be victims. I just don't understand. That doesn't mean they are wrong to stay out of the media, it just makes me confused.

There are 2 houses in foreclosure. One house is right across the street from the school down the block on Brooks Rd. I wonder if its vacant? The other is on Cornelius Pass.

Heres the link

http://www.trulia.com/schools/OR-Portland/Skyline_Elementary_School/

I read on comments in other places from locals about abandoned homes,with outbuildings and to check old wells and such.It's a rural area,so I'm sure there's alot of these type of things along with foreclosed homes.I hope they didn't keep volunteers away this weekend.

I was able to view the majority of the press conference before my computer froze up. For whatever reason, it does not like the live video stream from that media outlet. I typically do not have problems and so I'm grateful for those able and willing to transcribe the happenings of the press conference. However, after reading everything, it does seem I caught the entire conference. I was thinking I had to be missing something, but, alas, it did end that abruptly.

My opinion is that Gates ended the presser so abruptly due to the principle's mentioning of a criminal investigation. And, while this is new information, it is distressing information. However, I have a hard time believing this case was never anything other than a criminal investigation. I had hoped to log on this morning to find that Kyron had been found safe. But, as the hours pass, the likelihood of that scenario are becoming more and more slim.

My gut instinct is that LE knows more than they are letting on. And, while that is frustrating to those of us here (and to the public as a whole), I believe they are tight-lipped for a reason. And, regardless of their reasoning, I support that. We don't know if information leaked to the public would hinder the search for missing Kyron. I don't care if I wind up knowing nothing about this case -- my main concern is that Kyron is found and brought home.

The only thing I am questioning at the moment is why the press did not jump on the fact that there is a possible search happening at a quarry. I can understand LE not wanting that information out to the public, but I'm concerned as to why even the media is not reporting the quarry search. We have heard little more than the fact that LE has been setting up in the vicinity of a quarry (I can't find the link, but it was posted here earlier today). I'm very curious about this and wish we had more information. However, I feel that way a lot where this case is concerned...

Kyron is such a beautiful, innocent boy. I pray LE finds him alive. But, my instinct is that there won't be such a happy ending. I've never felt Kyron wandered off on his own. I have my theories and speculations, but they are unimportant and unfounded at this time. Sadly, I've never felt that we'd find Kyron safe and sound. I hope and pray that I'm wrong (it's been known to happen). But, regardless, Kyron needs to come home. Where are you, sweet boy?

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to crazycatladyscotland out from lurking:)

gotta go. I hope and pray that tomorrow, when I check teh threads, I read that kyron has been located, safe, and just a bit frightened from his misadventures.

:praying::praying::praying:

also crazycatlady...

What do you think of the email to the teacher asking about when she should pick up the project? (I think I've got that right - not sure if it is confirmed)

No mention then of the appt.?

If it was me - things would have been reversed...an email about the appt. and asking about how to get the project home (in person) at the science fair.

Curious.

I want to make a list of these types of security measures and send them to my elem. school. I think that is a great idea! Our school has websites for each class but they are open to anyone and they rarely use them.

That's why I've thought of secured sites,because when I was homeschooling mine for kindergarten,I'd go to classroom photos and get ideas.I loved to decorate the schoolroom and the photos were open to the public.Pics of all the kids and thier activities,then I thought it was cool,now I think it's stupid.

also crazycatlady...

What do you think of the email to the teacher asking about when she should pick up the project? (I think I've got that right - not sure if it is confirmed)

No mention then of the appt.?

If it was me - things would have been reversed...an email about the appt. and asking about how to get the project home (in person) at the science fair.

Curious.

My thoughts also.

And thank you for the welcomes.

Still conducting ground planned grid searches around chosen areas.
FBI is there with CARD and profilers. LE asked for FBI help.
Still interviewing, doing background checks, and begging for more information.

I think we already had enough info to know that at least a portion of this effort is working on a criminal investigation. (abduction, if nothing else) However, yes, principal let the phrase slip out at a presser.

Every school official statement is managed by LE at this time. I agree, that term "criminal investigation" was probably not part of the principal's press script today. The phrase has been used in LE's discussions with school officials; this is surely one direction being pursued.

Press update also shows LE's intent purpose here: LE wants the word out for more tips...see Kimster's previous answer.

I'd like LE to share a suspect profile. But, they are not done with the ground search yet. They don't want to narrow the field of potential tips coming in by publishing a profile. They want to keep it "all angles & tips open" this early in the investigation. Same reason they are keeping timeline close to the vest.

I find it interesting they made a point to publish Kyron's drawings yesterday. Was it to further personalize Kyron for the public? Was there another reason LE wants public to know about his drawings?

All just my thoughts & :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member