OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my suspicions, but thought I would try to come up with completely UNRELATED scenario.
What if the prior calls to 911? or LE were in fact from the school or daycare. I can not remember the exact dates...
What if it was because there was a person lurking in the general vicinity. What if that person was spotted more than one time- lets say two or more.
What if when police arrived to investigate the suspect was gone.
What if this person had an interest in young boys or one in particular and had been watching said boy for a period of time.
What if there was in fact a transient camp discovered, or evidence of someone returning to a particular spot. Perhaps with a great view of the school or school yard. Not saying this person has to be a "homeless" person
That would explain why the search has stayed local, there is only so far you can go on foot. Maybe that is why they are confident it will be resolved by the end of the week?...............
OK ready for someone to poke holes :)
FWIW this is my second theory.

bbm - since yall move way to fast for me to catch up, i havent been able to read each and every post. is it confirmed that there were recent calls from the school to 911/LE? if so that could be a big clue, if only we knew what the calls were concerned about. no holes here, K.Scarpetta, at this point your theory sounds plausible. i do wonder what those 911/LE calls were about if they have been confirmed.

Good morning everyone (CA time...) I've been tryiing to keep up with each thread - I don't know if I've seen this has been mentioned and hopefully LE has covered this - but what about any janitor/maintenance people who are at the school and probably see the kids every day, etc etc - the school seems to have the 'small town' feel to it where everyone would know/be friendly with staff and students....

I would so love to see some locals posting on this thread. On other threads local input has been so helpful to us more distant sleuths to get a feel for the area, its people, what the lay of the land is so to speak.

Where are you my locals? We need all the help we can get to get this kiddo home.

My principal told us this stoy. A few weeks ago she got a frantic call from a mom saying her son didn't get off the bus. As the principal was on the phone with the mom she called the bus service, they got a hold of the bus driver and sure enough the child was on the bus sleeping. The bus driver didn't see the child. They found the child within minutes of the mom calling. I can't imagine how scared they all were, but they handled it professionally and quickly. I can't imagine that fear they went through and everyone who is involved with Kyron. Many to the moons and back sad.

The exact same thing happened with my oldest son who is now in 4th grade, when he was in Kindergarten. I was at the bus stop, there was a group of kids that got off the bus, couldnt see each one of them because there was such a big group.

Stood there looking for him for a minute, then completely freaked out. I had my youngest in a stroller, and my 2 1/2 year old at the time holding my hand. I have never in my life felt such a horrid feeling, I can't even explain it. I ran back down to the house with my 2 kids, and grabbed the phone, and called the school immediately.

Luckily they called the transportation dispatcher and called the bus driver, he looked and sure enough my 6 year old at the time, was asleep in the seat. I have never ever been so scared in my life, ever. I don't wish that feeling on anyone.

Did I read correctly that the teacher "marked him absent?" If so, then wouldn't that absentee list go to the secretary who would then make the calls to the families? The teacher would be busy teaching right? IMO

I went back and this part of this article kinda jumped out at me

"He's not real adventurous," she said. "He's a little timid. But if a friend wanted to go outside and look at something, he would follow the friend. He has a friend who he regularly gets in trouble with in the classroom because he talks too much."

I could see one of my kids following a friend on an "adventure"....
I think he followed someone outside?Maybe the south entrance?Who and when did someone see Kyron at this entrance?

My principal told us this stoy. A few weeks ago she got a frantic call from a mom saying her son didn't get off the bus. As the principal was on the phone with the mom she called the bus service, they got a hold of the bus driver and sure enough the child was on the bus sleeping. The bus driver didn't see the child. They found the child within minutes of the mom calling. I can't imagine how scared they all were, but they handled it professionally and quickly. I can't imagine that fear they went through and everyone who is involved with Kyron. Many to the moons and back sad.

BBM. Was the bus still in service when the call was made, or was the bus route complete and the bus driver already off the bus. If it was the latter - shame on the bus driver for not checking each seat before getting off the bus.

Maybe the Mom's husband had an enemy, considering he is a Police Officer. I just think Kyron was targeted for some reason and there was such a small window of opportunity.

Hi Ruby, first want to thank you for all that you do, the terrific pics and updates sure help.

Thinking about that day:
1. Almost at the end of the school year, leaving very little time and opportunity to disappear with a child
2. Specific day that is hectic with science fair and talent show
3. very poor security
4. Advertisement of science fair and talent show to community and all those driving by
5. Kids accompanied by parents, extended family, friends, unknowns

Seems to me the person involved was desperate, unobtrusive, knew the disorganization of the day, and knew how to gain the trust of little Kyron. Could be a vendetta and/or a person(s) who has access to school procedure and access for the grooming of a child. just one possibility and a few of my thoughts. moo mho

My heart goes out to all family who must be going crazy with concern. :blowkiss:

I would like to say something that I've been thinking about for the past couple of days. In a post I made the other day I stated that among other things I thought it was odd that the family hasn't spoken out. I've been thinking of former and ongoing cases where the parents have been all over the news and I have officially changed my mind. I'm really starting to think keeping the family away from the media is the right way to go about it. Think about all of those cases where the family has gotten more attention than the actual missing child, the family constantly judged for what they are and aren't doing, not being sad enough, tears not being real etc. We end up spending more time speculating about actions of the family. I think LE is protecting the family from this because there is nothing worse than having a missing child and being devastated and then have to defend yourself in the media for your every move. I mean really, we know that they are heartbroken and want Kyron home. That's pretty much a given, I personally don't need them to say it at this point.

I really don't have an issue with them not speaking either, not sure that it would or wouldn't do any good. I know if my child was missing LE would not want me on the air, I would be a hysterical mess and I would not be able to refrain myself from saying...To whoever has my child I will personally hunt you down and won't stop until I find you and you feel my wrath...seriously I don't know how these families with missing children can even function, has to be so hard.

The FBI has released this new photograph showing the little boy in a funny hat as part of a smart strategy to keep his face, and the on-going search for him, in the media spotlight. Investigators say they’re focusing on specific areas in the city of Portland, though they're not saying where or why, and they're making a point of not calling this a criminal investigation, because there's still no evidence to indicate a crime has been committed. A former FBI profiler tells me all of this suggests investigators have reason to believe Kyron is still in the area, and they’re working to eliminate the local leads before widening their search.
We hope to hear from the family today. Kyron's father and stepmother have been working on a public statement all week, and we hope to hear it at today's noon press briefing.

They reportedly have a sheriff’s deputy with them at all times, though sheriff's officials say none of Kyron's relatives is considered a suspect. His parents got divorced in 2003, right around the time he was born. His mom lives in Medford, about 275 miles away, and according to relatives, sees her son on a regular basis. She's in Portland now, and the family is reportedly cooperating with investigators, and of course, asking for the public's help to bring Kyron home.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/09/oregon-missing-boy-mystery-day-6/?test=latestnews

This may be way out but I wonder if "an official vehicle" (maybe someone above suspicion, even with a history of LE?) picked him up? Pulled right up to a door, not necessarily the one he was last seen at, and took him away to be a part of that family (in a very misguided kind of way)? I'm just looking for solutions to this that end with Kyron safe....

I have been inside all three of my children's elementary school classrooms over past 15 years and I don't find it odd at all the teacher wouldn't be alarmed by a backpack or coat left in a cubby, or on a chair, or on the floor, or on a desk, or really just about anywhere. It can be chaotic even on normal days, and even when procedures for daily grind are in place. The cubby area can get cluttered and messy depending on the rigidness of the teacher and the diligence of the students. I am sure that it is likely that many times a student may leave a backpack or coat at school. I am positive that my daughter's extra sneakers are in her classroom somewhere right now, and she always has an extra sweater or sweatshirt on her hook.

I personally don't think it would set off any alarms for me.
very good point, TripleA, the teacher may not have even noticed that Kyron's stuff was still there until after school when the other kids took their things out. especially on a day with so much chaos and other things going on.

Although I really feel that this was a planned out scenario, what if someone overheard the stepmom telling the teacher about the appointment and knew if he was missing would prob. not throw up any red flags ?

Just a thought ....

So why didn't SM come and pick him up for the appt if that is what the abductor heard? ( An appt that day.)

BBM. Was the bus still in service when the call was made, or was the bus route complete and the bus driver already off the bus. If it was the latter - shame on the bus driver for not checking each seat before getting off the bus.

It was within minutes. He was still on route, and finished up and went back to drop the child off.
Good point, do bus drivers always check the seats before leaving for the day.

The FBI has released this new photograph showing the little boy in a funny hat as part of a smart strategy to keep his face, and the on-going search for him, in the media spotlight.

SNIPPED: I believe that is his Easter Basket not a hat. ( from the pics I viewed yesterday)

Kimster_ I love your avatar..For Kyron ....lets hope and pray that he is found SAFE. I don't mind not hearing too many details from law enfircement....If it's protecting this little guy. Please be O.K. Kyron . And I agree, leave his family out of it for now. They must be going through h@ll. Praying for them too.

The FBI has released this new photograph showing the little boy in a funny hat as part of a smart strategy to keep his face, and the on-going search for him, in the media spotlight.

SNIPPED: I believe that is his Easter Basket not a hat. ( from the pics I viewed yesterday)

It is. He is being a silly monkey. :)

I have a similar picture of my son (who is 22 now) when he was younger, using his basket as hat.

I would so love to see some locals posting on this thread. On other threads local input has been so helpful to us more distant sleuths to get a feel for the area, its people, what the lay of the land is so to speak.

Where are you my locals? We need all the help we can get to get this kiddo home.

We're here. :) And have posted some context. It appears we're not allowed to search past posts though? I can't access a list of even my own past posts.

It's hilly right there. Ex farm land bordered by heavy forest.
The people are lovely. :)
It rains.

Hello to our 98 GUESTS! :woohoo: It is great to see so many interested in Kyron's case!

Allow me to welcome everyone and invite you to become members of Websleuths! It is easy to join and we'd love to hear your opinions!!!

Smiley02.gif
Smiley02.gif
Smiley02.gif

I know I'd LOVE to hear a new opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics