OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. That's me too :(

YES---very strange that we haven't heard the 911 call---very strange. Thanks suzet for sheading that light.

And I've been thinking about this whole "not blaming the family" thing and "How would you feel if LE was pointing the finger at you and searching your home??"

Frankly, I would be honored that LE is EXHAUSTING EVERY SINGLE OPTION. Look at my husbands computer??? GO FOR IT. I would be more than happy to take a polygraph test. Search my home. Just do whatever it takes to at least make me think you are looking REALLY HARD. Now, as long as you are looking at other possiblilties/angles, then that all together works for me.

I'm not a mommy yet, as I just got married in April, but boy do I love children and I cannot wait to have them. There is no way I would ever harm my children, lol, and I'm not going to go into how ridiculously squeaky clean my hubby is, but GD FORBID anything would happen to our child, people will look at us, no matter what---and that is expected. Monsters like Casey Anthony and Susan Smith have made it this way. They've turned society against Moms and Dads, and step-parents. It's sad, but true--and sometimes VALID, as many do kill.

I'm NOT blaming anyone here in Kyron's case ok, so please try your best not to delete this post. I am just stating that IN EVERY MISSING CHILD/PERSON case, the police should look EVERYWHERE. JUST TO BE SURE, and that it is NATURAL to at least raise an eyebrow at family. Not always accurate, but expected.

And it is the family's job, aside from looking desparately for their child/loved one, to provide evidence of their innocence (if they are).

That being said...I will do my very best to stick to the rules of the forum!
This isn't directed at you specifically, just the topic in general.

It's a given that the family has been thoroughly investigated. I've also heard multiple sources in LE state this family has been fully and completely cooperative. The ONLY reason I see (most) people pointing fingers at these people is because they aren't acting the way they (those who are suspicious) feel parents of a missing child should behave. And from what I can see, that "odd" behaviour consists of going to a gym (for what reason we have no idea) and not speaking to the media (even though the aunt clearly stated she was speaking on behalf of the family, that seems to have been ignored).

Gates said in one press conference that LE had not asked the parents to keep away from media, however in a subsequent presser he indicated that they had. And we have that dip**** grandmother who told the reporter that the FBI had asked them not to speak to media. IMO, LE has told the family either flat out don't speak to press and/or that to do so could hamper the investigation. (the post by the forensic physiatrist on last thread was very enlightening...I'll see if I can find it and post a link)

No matter where someone comes down on this issue, I'd think most could agree that it would be a distraction, that we'd have people dissecting their words and facial expressions and emotional reaction (or lack thereof). That does nothing to help find Kyron. I agree with the liason and the family. The focus is on Kyron, not the parents. If they choose to stay out of the press for whatever reason, that's their prerogative; if going to the gym is how they manage their stress, that's a heck of a lot healthier than other options. If they simply wanted to be surrounded by people they know and who support them, there's nothing odd about that.

CN2Souls said:
I have not posted on this board yet, but others, I just will make this statement and then
“No More Comments” LOL

Because I have worked with/for LE for over 25 yrs,
My works consist of analyzing the minds of perpetrators and victims. (Forensic Physiatrist)
Absolutely nothing is normal when your child is missing!!!! I have seen total shock and denial to catatonic bed ridden in the hospital.
I believe that this is definitely a different kind of case; they know what they are doing, we do not. However, if it saves Kryon life
I am all for it.
I want to say, LE is doing an outstanding job. I have been taught through many ongoing LE education classes that there is a different trend proven to work in dealing with missing children cases. LE is working with a lot of professional brainpower, and unbelievable technology, it may seem odd a lot of what they are doing but it has been proven to work when a child is missing.

Just a footnote: Call me crazy but my children where ZoomBack, I know there for dogs but they work great for kids too. Moreover, I decorate the really nice so they don’t look so bad.
Hey I work with the sickos every day I know their minds. My children will be protected!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5273089&postcount=691"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7[/ame]

Is there a way for an "Asked and Answered" bullet list of questions that have repeatedly come up in Kyron's threads to be placed at the top of each new thread, so that we are not wasting time addressing the same questions over and over again?
TIA...

Yes, but whoever compiles it is going to have to field comments and "respectful disagreements" with it anyway so its not going to change the number of replies! Besides we don't have any answers because really LE has not confirmed anything! So anything that gets compiled into it is still going to be open to interpretation (humor me here folks)

Please remember also, that this gym that the parents went to is one of the major collection sites for donations to the search teams. This would indicate that they are more involved there than just a few workouts a week, and that the visit could have served dual purposes of thanking the volunteers, thanking the gym, and spending time with people that they consider close friends and personal supporters.
If they had left home and attended a church supper there would have been no outrage about the excursion. Different people have alternative groups from whom they derive strength and support.

jmoo

Clarification for everyone:
There is no confirmation or suggestion from LE that Kyron had a cell phone. If someone has a link to this info, please post.
This thought grew out of speculation as to why SAR was using a 2 mile radius in their search efforts.

1-3 mile radiuses are very, very common in SAR work. It is also common for pings from cell towers to triangulate signals using those similar parameters. This does not mean Kyron had a cell phone or did not have a cell phone. It is simply the way both SAR teams and cell companies use radiuses in search efforts.

ETA: I agree, it is very common for kids to have cell phones, iTouches etc these days. If anyone has a link to info that implies Kyron had any type of device like this on him when he disappeared, I would love to see it. TIA....

Good Morning JTSYS,

Sorry I should have indicated the all important word (again) * speculate * Actually,though, I came to think Kyron might have had a cell on him not just because of the 2 mile ping radius,but also because of the LEO at one of the earlier pressers mentioning two missing person's cases. It was in the context of how searches in Oregon are carried out. One of the families,the Kims, was actually located based on the pings of their cell. I just believed that particular case, out of many,many cases, was mentioned for a reason.

First I've seen of this. Were BOTH parents meeting the bus, or just one? The only other reference I've seen of both meeting the bus was in Kaine's letter.

At the end of the school day, when his father and stepmother did not find him getting off the school bus at 3:45, they called the school.

That's when they found out that Kyron had not been in class all day long. They had not been informed, during the day, that Kyron had not been in class.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006956-504083.html

I see absolutely nothing to speculate concerning both parents meeting the bus. DH & I will go pick up our 7yo DD together if I'm off work. It gives us the chance to spend some time together. Also they could have planned to go shopping or out for ice cream, etc. while they were out.

Please remember also, that this gym that the parents went to is one of the major collection sites for donations to the search teams. This would indicate that they are more involved there than just a few workouts a week, and that the visit could have served dual purposes of thanking the volunteers, thanking the gym, and spending time with people that they consider close friends and personal supporters.
If they had left home and attended a church supper there would have been no outrage about the excursion. Different people have alternative groups from whom they derive strength and support.

jmoo

Exactly. I saw the story about the gym after one of the press conferences this week. It's clear that they have a lot of support from the patrons and owners. One man could hardly speak, in tears.

Another good project for today, along with that Case FAQ, would be a list of the current rumors, along with their source and links like to the comments they came from, and then when/if we get confirmation, we can update the list. Then we wouldn't have to keep asking 'Is that still a rumor?' 'Has that been confirmed yet?' 'Where did that one come from?'. It would be a blessed relief lol.

Are there any volunteers to coordinate and work on these two projects? I can volunteer to work on them later this morning or early this afternoon.

Thanks!
BeanE

Where is this boy?!?! Please find him today. It gets harder and harder to hope for any sort of happy outcome here. If he was taken by an abductor I fear the worst. If he wandered off I fear the worst. Too much time is past. Where are you Kyron sweety?

Sooo, the new news is LE's theory is he walked away...
But I don't see that if the dogs didn't trace his scent outside the school.I'm sorry.But I just don't see that.I'm just really confused.I just really pray they find this little boy soon.

Our school buses drop off and pick up each child at his/her home. Wouldn't be unusual if that is the case there. IDK JMO

Since we have so very little to go on, one thought ran through my mind... I am thinking that if Kyron was lured out of the school by someone he knew, I would just bet that person was very much aware there were no cameras anywhere in that school, but I would go further to say that perhaps a teacher or someone else that works in the school, might remember someone who knew Kyron asking about cameras in the school, weeks ago, months ago, as sort of a verification of that fact before they went ahead with their diabolical plan.

I have a question about cell phone towers and pings. Can you get a list of all pings that were pinged on a certain tower for a certain day and find out who they all belong to? (It would probably be a huge list, but they could narrow it down to the hours 8 AM to 6 PM maybe.) I was just thinking, if there is a perp, maybe he had a cell phone.

(Assuming they're basing the search radius on cell pings) It's possible that if LE has a suspect in mind, they're going by their pings and not Kyrons.

Originally Posted by Forensic fan
Have we heard any more about the woman in the white truck that was spotted in the area in the afternoon and then around 2 or 3 AM?

May I ask where this came up? Article? Other? Thanks! :)

Did the dogs trace his scent anywhere in the school or out side?Where did they trace it?All I can think of is if the dogs did not trace his scent outside is he got in a car with someone or someone put him in something suitcase,bag,box,something in the school and took him out of the school.I just don't understand them looking for him if his scent isn't out there.I really hope they have cadaver dogs out there now.

For those who follow the Forensic Astrology forums, they opened one for Kyron. I just caught up over there, and I'm wondering what in the heck is meant by these posts:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5274255&postcount=21

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5271299&postcount=18

I don't like the direction my thoughts are going on this at all!

Unusal commentary from our forensic astrologists, IMO. Typically they are not cryptic, so I took these comments literally.

Our FA's require certain basic, critical facts to base charts & reading son. These need to be accurate facts (times, dates, event). Otherwise, they cannot interpret an event with any hope ofo accuracy. I have seen our FA's request more info, or have to wait for specific information, before they can create a chart.

IMO, (and this doesn't mean I'm right, of course) it appears they've received new critical information. Perhaps the info they originally received as fact may not be correct. Or perhaps the information they have since received would alter their interpretations. For example, incorrect info could be time/date last seen. Info could be birthdates/times.

I suspect the astrologer put the comment in the thread as a caveat to the readings posted. I am certain it was not done as a teaser.

Hope that helps a little. The whole case is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966