OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed news re: candle-light vigil(s) for Kyron? I don't think so & that's one more odd piece to this very odd puzzle imho

Oh! Great idea! Why don't you start one of the online candle lighting pages for Kyron. Please post the link in his media thread. Link to Kyron's thread in my signature.

Or if someone else would start one of those pages for Kyron that would be great. Sorry. I'm really not being lazy. I'm trying to juggle 20 plates in the air at the moment - have about 50 windows open lol.

Thanks!

Before I go on, I want to say its nice to get perspectives from both parents and teachers as far as school policy goes and notifications of absences and such. I can totally understand teaching children responsibility and making sure they can take care of themselves. However, bottom line they are still children. In the case of absences I am trying very hard to understand why an absence would not be noted as something important to confirm/follow-up on, or handled in such a 'matter of fact' manner at some schools these days. I understand the policy that the teacher must call the office and the office takes it from there. Its then the employee's in the office who have the responsibility of confirming a child's absence with the parent. Should this be more of a priority for the office employees, especially in this day and age where unfortunately, missing children/abductions are increasing? Just a thought, is all.

Please remember also, that this gym that the parents went to is one of the major collection sites for donations to the search teams. This would indicate that they are more involved there than just a few workouts a week, and that the visit could have served dual purposes of thanking the volunteers, thanking the gym, and spending time with people that they consider close friends and personal supporters.
If they had left home and attended a church supper there would have been no outrage about the excursion. Different people have alternative groups from whom they derive strength and support.

jmoo

It wasn't just the gym visits that raised suspicion it was previous public discussions of workouts. Keeping on a workout schedule appeared to be a priority. IMO, THAT is what raised eyebrows and a perfect example of why if you are not going to go public, do it entirely.

I didn't do it (it's much better than I could manage lol)

Searched for images, and that looked like something a 7 year old would draw :(

Its so sweet, though. I have no idea how to use the bells and whistles here (siggy pics, sayings and so on)

Do you have any links? I am researching online right now.
Thanks!

I'll dig for the link to the statement from the past fed agent. I don't think there is anything for those working the case- sheriffs' dept still lead spokesperson for the search.

I believe it would be a blackhawk helicopter. They are h*lla cool copters. I am not aware of what special search features or equipment they have onboard and would be interested to find out and also would love to know if is specifically tricked out for SAR and used by them often or simply a regular blackhawk pressed into service for this search only.

Don't have much time as I am leaveing on vacation soon. Any new updates on this case???

Before I go on, I want to say its nice to get perspectives from both parents and teachers as far as school policy goes and notifications of absences and such. I can totally understand teaching children responsibility and making sure they can take care of themselves. However, bottom line they are still children. In the case of absences I am trying very hard to understand why an absence would not be noted as something important to confirm/follow-up on, or handled in such a 'matter of fact' manner at some schools these days. I understand the policy that the teacher must call the office and the office takes it from there. Its then the employee's in the office who have the responsibility of confirming a child's absence with the parent. Should this be more of a priority for the office employees, especially in this day and age where unfortunately, missing children/abductions are increasing? Just a thought, is all.

I am not sure if this is a rumor or I read it online in a press conference. But, they teacher was not concerned because she spoke to the step-mother and she mentioned an appointment.
That would explain not calling the office.
Not sure if this is a fact stated by LE yet or not.

I do hope they find Kyron soon. Seven days is too long for a small child to be alone in the woods, if he did indeed wonder off.

snip

"The last time this child was seen was inside the school and was never seen leaving the school," Staton told CNN. "There was nothing to indicate any kind of disruption inside the school. This is why it's so concerning to us."

snip

BBM - I think this is important to note. You would think someone would have seen him leave either with someone or alone.

If I may add, thoughts about the doors? Does anyone know, in this school, is there a main entrance and the other doors are locked? Does anyone know if the other doors are used (that aren't supposed to be used), if someone attempts to open them, does an alarm go off? I think that may be an important factor in determining if/how he left school grounds. jmo

It wasn't just the gym visits that raised suspicion it was previous public discussions of workouts. Keeping on a workout schedule appeared to be a priority. IMO, THAT is what raised eyebrows and a perfect example of why if you are not going to go public, do it entirely.

Yep, people fabricate all kinds of stuff in these witch hunts. The families are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's phenomenal. Each case gets worse and worse. It's shameful.

MOO

I believe it would be a blackhawk helicopter. They are h*lla cool copters. I am not aware of what special search features or equipment they have onboard and would be interested to find out and also would love to know if is specifically tricked out for SAR and used by them often or simply a regular blackhawk pressed into service for this search only.

At the afternoon press conference yesterday, the Colonel gave a brief description of the copter and crew and capacity.

That's what I'm assuming, if they're going by pings, it's the perp's, not Kyron's. And I think the perp is someone who worked at the school. Either employee, volunteer, contract worker, etc.

If it was Kyron's cell pinging, I think they would have found him by now. And it's just unlikely that Kyron had a cell.

MOO

I don't know that a ping can be narrowed down to the point of pointing to Kyron's exact location. One fear I have is that if Kyron was abducted, the perp threw his phone out the window. I have heard here and there that special equipment can narrow it down to a few hundred feet.

It's the National Guard's Helicopter, I'm pretty sure it's from Salem, Oregon as I've seen it come and go that way and I know the Guard unit out there flies those.
As far as what they are using, the man from the NG was speaking at the 4pm press conference talking about what they were using the helicopter for..

Link anyone ? =) I'm not so great at that..

Yep, people fabricate all kinds of stuff in these witch hunts. The families are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's phenomenal. Each case gets worse and worse. It's shameful.

MOO

But this wasn't based on fabrication, the info came from SM herself and caused people to ask questions. :waitasec:

Oh, don't ask me any hard questions, LOL. They interviewed a man who lived out on a rather secluded place and he said a woman in a white truck came back there for a while, idling her truck, then left. Then about 2AM, a white truck came back and the neighbors turned their dogs loose and the truck left. I have no idea where I saw it, I'm sorry.

LOL! OK! :) Now, what an odd hour is that, don't you think? Was this 2 AM, as in 2:00 a.m. the morning he disappeared later that same morning (pre-disappearance), or as in 2:00 a.m., the following morning of his disappearance? (post-disappearance) How far away from the school is this secluded spot? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel