OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This [poster] feels very blessed not to have a missing child. [ ] I pray I never find myself in Kyron's family's position.

Another reason that convinced me this was not an abduction was that the FBI profiler working the case was profiling KYRON and not a possible predator. It was discussed on these threads about 2-3 days ago. Highly significant IMO.

The fact that LE has recently stated that there is nothing to indicate an abduction occured, and nothing to indicate a crime has occured was also discusssed here just this morning. I think most of us do feel frustrated when LE does not give out any info. But,in this case,they have.....

That's what I would love to know too.
I'd love to talk to the profiler on this case.
Since, they are calling it an "isolated incident" my guess is that they think it's a family abduction. But, often LE won't tip their hats until they have evidence of an stranger abduction.

I would think they might also be saying it is isolated to avoid mass hysteria in the community. We have had local cases of serial rapists going around and LE not saying anything so as not to alarm people :waitasec: :banghead:

LE can work in mysterious ways in my opinion...

It's hard to imagine that with all the people around that someone didn't see anything. It's virtually impossible...I assume someone saw something and LE is just not giving us that information. Kyron didn't just disappear into thin air. Either he walked out on his own, someone took him or he is still in the school somewhere. Those are the only three options.

The only one where it appears possible that no one saw anything is that he is still in the school somewhere and if that is the case and they haven't found him yet then someone needs to get fired asap.

That's what's happening, IMO.

Yep, people fabricate all kinds of stuff in these witch hunts. The families are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's phenomenal. Each case gets worse and worse. It's shameful.

MOO

Its a vicious cycle. Sadly parents killing children was unheard of at one time and disturbingly becoming more common (remember the gasping shock when we found out it was Susan Smith who drowned her boys?); just as there was a time a pedophile was not as common but now thanks to the internet, child *advertiser censored* is rampant and suspects aren't who you'd expect (now ie prominent people like lawyers, judges, etc) and they don't linger at playgrounds as much as in the old days.

Yes, parents're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Me I'd be a wreck. We need to remember there is still a child to be raised here, sadly in Kyron's absence. His little sister needs support from her parents as well and I can see the need for trying to keep as normal a routine as ever.

I think one of the reasons they are using trained searchers is because of the difficult terrain and weather. They want to use all resources to search as opposed to rescuing or helping searchers, jmho.

Another reason that convinced me this was not an abduction was that the FBI profiler working the case was profiling KYRON and not a possible predator. It was discussed on these threads about 2-3 days ago. Highly significant IMO.

The fact that LE has recently stated that there is nothing to indicate an abduction occured, and nothing to indicate a crime has occured was also discusssed here just this morning. I think most of us do feel frustrated when LE does not give out any info. But,in this case,they have.....

Liz- Do you think he became upset about something and ran away to hide?
Sorry, if I am reading into what you posted incorrectly.

Bean, is this 'appointment' another topic for the rumor list? Last night, If I remember right, it was mentioned this was unconfirmed? Sorry, I thinkt he mush stage is showing sings of wanting to appear.

Yes it stemmed from a comment on a news article posted by someone claiming to be Kyron's aunt. If anyone can hunt for that link we can add it to the rumor list.

But I don't see that if the dogs didn't trace his scent outside the school.I'm sorry.But I just don't see that.I'm just really confused.I just really pray they find this little boy soon.
That's my thinking too. Why did the dogs not catch his scent? Is it bc of all the rain? I say keep checking the school.

I think they feel he wandered off.I just really don't feel this happened.But they know more than I do.I just pray they find him.

Imo, this act was so very carefully orchestrated to the tiniest detail, time wise and other. I feel the person responsible picked the perfect time, the perfect method, to carry out their plan. We do not know whether or not they were seen. Hopefully, they were and this info has not been released.

If this was an orchestrated abduction, the perp could not have known that the school would fail to report Kyron's absense to the SM, correct? I just keep thinking about that. If someone did this, they probably thought they had a very limited amount of time before people would start looking for Kyron.

Yes it stemmed from a comment on a news article posted by someone claiming to be Kyron's aunt. If anyone can hunt for that link we can add it to the rumor list.

Thanks, I did not know where I had read or heard it, having trouble tracking it down now. But, would explain why the teacher did not call home. Would be a logical explanation.

The motive, intention, meaning of the action is all fabricated. Even parts of the actions are fabricated.

She posted once that she was going to the gym. She never posted that she had. People took that and fabricated that she actually went to the gym, multiple times, and worked out. They took that and fabricated motive, intention, meaning.

Then the stepmom and her husband went to the gym. People fabricated that they worked out. Then they took that and fabricated motive, intent, meaning.

This is how witch hunts worked in Salem. This is how witch hunts work now.

Nothing caused anyone to ask questions. People choose to question and choose to embellish actions and choose to imbue meaning.

Give me a bit to try to hunt the article down, but evidently after Kyron went missing there was more than one discussion by her of her workouts.

Not everyone who has questions are on a witch hunt. I know I'm not! I don't think the wide brush is necessary.

So the LE says they think he walked away into the woods and got lost, but the family says that he isn't the type of kids to do that.

One thing that could be possible is that he said goodbye to Terri in the hallway with the intention of sneaking out the door when she was out of sight, and by not being seen by his teacher. I personally don't believe this, because he sounds like a cautious boy and a rule follower and that this may be a little too deceptive for a child his age.

I am not convinced he wasn't taken. Who knows what evidence the LE has, or what they are trying to accomplish by saying they think he is lost of his own accord. Maybe they are trying to make the abductor think they aren't on his trail while they actually are. Or maybe there is something that made them think Kyron went off exploring.

Regardless I hope he is found quickly. It's been a week and if he is still alive in either scenario, time is running out. :(

3 PM on the day he went missing (Fri) and again at 2 AM on the next morning (Sat.)

It is in between Kyron's home and school off of the same major road (Cornelius Pass).

Thanks Jules! See I had heard of this van a few threads back but had no details. I had assumed the van was spotted the morning of the abduction, not in the afternoon.

Have I missed news re: candle-light vigil(s) for Kyron? I don't think so & that's one more odd piece to this very odd puzzle imho

Why does a lack of candle-light vigil seem strange? Not disagreeing...just wondering. I think if my child was missing the last thing on my mind would be a candle-light vigil. I understand it's to bring awareness but I think at this point everyone in the community is very aware of what's going on.

Is there another reason to hold one?

If no one saw Kyron leave, he could still be in the school.

If LE says no one saw Kyron leave, it could be a ploy to not let the perp know they might be on to him/her. Or, maybe no one really saw him leave.

If no one else is in danger, and this was an isolated event, it seems they do feel he just wandered off or was specifically targeted.

If they are searching so close to school, it seems to me they think he wondered off.

If they are not calling this a criminal investigation, it seems to me they think he wondered off.

So, is it official that LE thinks he may have wondered off? Is that what I read this morning?

May I ask where this came up? Article? Other? Thanks! :)
It was way back in an earlier thread. A guy who lived one or 2 streets away saw her and thought it strange cause he lives on a one way street. Can anyone find the post?

I really have serious doubts that Kyron would have a cell phone. I admit I did get my son (now almost 12) a cell phone at that age, but it was because he was going on outings with his "not-so-responsible" father and I wanted him to have a way to contact me if things went south.

Kyron sounds like he had what appears to be secure boundaries...home to bus, bus to home. He didn't walk, he wasnt' a "latch-key" kid. Other than those situations, I don't see why parents would get a 7 year old a cell phone of their own.

There has been no reference at all to him having one, and if he did, it would be much more likely to have been in a backpack than in one of his pockets.

We used to have a "floating" cell phone that we could leave with my youngest son when he was dropped off for a sports practice or activity so that he could call if they finished early, had a weather cancellation, etc. (It also was my husband's backup phone when he "left it at the office" which usually could be interpreted as "I have no idea where mine is, most likely shut off and under the car seat or in my pants pocket in the laundry basket").

So while it is, of course possible, there has been no indication at all that he had one.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member