OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That is a very emotional step father. Every Mom would love to meet a guy who will love her kids that much. It looks like he is doing his best to support Desiree through this, which is good.

Kaine just looks like he hasn't sleep in days... which he likely hasn't.

I also noticed the LE personalizing it. I'm sure that they all are doing that.

I don't cry... but that got me going. I hope there is no foul play involved... and I hope they find him.

was there someone with a shirt on (jacket too) on the left there?

was that a man or a woman? do we know who it was?

Did anyone tape that or do you think there will be a link for that family statement?

That is not a good thing. He loses his perspective when he becomes too emotionally involved with the family.

I agree. That's why I don't get emotionally involved either. Perspective and objectivity tend to go right out the window; and rational thought right along with it.

That was awful. I have to go get my kids now and I'm a mess. :-(

I think the dads hugging and Terri practically holding Desiree up tells me two things:

They are united. They all want the same thing. They at least get along well enough to stand together.

They are devastated. When I think of some press conferences by family members (Sharon the day Laci's body was identified, etc.) where someone was obviously distraught but able to talk a little, I can see why the family has stayed out of the media. Desiree doesn't look like she could have been standing up, much less coherent, before now. She is breaking my heart.

Praying for Kyron and his whole family.

PS. My dog officially thinks I'm crazy b/c I keep asking her, "Where is he? Where could he be?"

The SM's son lives with her parents and his Dad lives close to them,he was with the boyscout trip,not Kyron's Dad.

Terry's son that lives with her parents, he doesn't have his bio dads last name.. is that correct or am I confused?

Are you kidding me !!! Where are all the parents in an outrage over this, I would be glued to the principals office until this situation was resolved :furious: The teachers at my son's school take shifts for playground duty perhaps you should make the suggestion to the principal for the teachers....
By the way to me that seems illegal as all get out, I do not see how that is going to fly. Perhaps your paper should get a copy of that letter !

Recess monitoring is one of the volunteer duties for parents at my kid's elementary school. Parents take regular time shifts on certain days of the week at either morning, lunch or afternoon recess. They can do this once a month, weekly or however they choose. The schedule is organized, set up, and a list of substitutes with phone numbers provided to all of those who choose to volunteer. The school also has not only a required release for background checks that must be signed by all volunteers, there is also a training course that covers all sorts of issues that must be completed before any one is allowed to work in the school or on any sort of field trip or activity.

jmoo

97ljxw.jpg

2el9etf.jpg

2vnqbs6.jpg

15owk0j.jpg

5e8orm.jpg

My husband HAD to call home during the statement by the family so I missed part of it. ARGGGGG! I can't find any link to watch it again. Any ideas? I tried youtube.

I noticed that, too. Terri was trying to hug Desiree, and Desiree wouldn't even look at her.

Were we watching the same family? I didn't notice any such thing, or at least I didn't interpret it the way you did. My gosh, this is a grieving family, they are all heartbroken - and they all appeared together, in harmony in regards to their grief - that the way it appeared to me. MOO mho and all that stuff.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Just watch to see all the suspicion that will arise from a wholly nonsuspicious appearance by the family. The reason the parents didn't appear before is pretty obvious to me. They wanted the focus--the initial tips-to be on Kyron--who might have seen him, etc. If they had appeared beforehand, believe me, instead of 1200 tips about Kyron, they would have receive 2,000 tips about the parents: "Oh, I saw the dad last week at the gas station and he was acting odd"; "Oh, that stepmother has shifty eyes", etc. I think the family has played their cards right. But now it will begin.

I totally agree. The same people that were crying about why the parents were not speaking, will now be dissecting every facial expression, every move, every tear, every word that was said or wasn't said.

Bold by me: I have to disagree with you on this. They need EVERYTHING at this point to find Kyron! . Nancy has a habit of covering odd things at odd times in my opinion, like Tiger Woods and other celebrity figures smack dab in the middle of a the search for a missing child. JMHO

If LE believes he is in those woods and has proof of that, they would not need national media. If they have a ransom situation and essentially want the media coverage to go away, they would not want national media.

The fact is that they haven't asked for it. So THEY don't feel that they need it. WE may feel they do... but the LE in charge obviously doesn't think they do. :waitasec:

I agree. That's why I don't get emotionally involved either. Perspective and objectivity tend to go right out the window; and rational thought right along with it.

I started to wonder if that isn't one of the reasons they changed up Sheriff spokesman... the new guy is much more of a hard case.

gaaa, the helicopters are coming and going right over my house; makes me jump every time I think it's the LifeFlight. I'm right in the Sauvie Island flight path.

That is not a good thing. He loses his perspective when he becomes too emotionally involved with the family.

He is living with them. There is no way he isn't going to become emotionally involved. They would have to choose the tin man to keep them from getting emotionally involved. He is living in the house Kyron lives in, with all of his stuff, his baby sister. He is going to become emotionally involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June