OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyron looks just like Desiree :) I am so glad they made an appearance, even though it must have been agonizing. Gd was it hard to keep from crying here at work! They look miserable, poor Desiree looks like she's gonna keel over at any minute and Kaine looks like death, poor man. The pain and confusion they must be feeling, jesus. This is just HORRIBLE. A horrible nightmare. :(

Was this posted ?

SNIPPED<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The local newspaper’s Website reported that Yreka police got a tip that a boy matching Kyron's description was seen at a local Wal-Mart.

Yreka detectives said they have seen the surveillance tape. In that tape, a boy who matches Kyron's description was seen with an older couple. The boy in the video was wearing glasses, but was not wearing the CSI T-shirt that Horman was reportedly wearing when he was last seen at school.

Yreka Police were sending the surveillance footage to investigators in Oregon to review it

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Police-check-possible-Kyron-sighting-in-CA-96163314.html

Even though people may pick apart their appearance... I think they made the right choice in speaking. *I* feel a lot better now, hearing from the family... We love you, we miss you, we want you to come home. I feel like the step father and the mother are not going to be picked apart, just as they were not before.

Terri, is just going to be picked apart no matter what she does... it's just how it's going to be. At least now she has appeared in public, she cared enough to go to the press conference. They all tried to show a united front. All of those things will just be less for people to pick apart.

Although I do not know if it will impact the search for Kyron directly... I think even more people may come forward to help now. Donate to the search effort, call in tips that before they thought might not be important, just motivated by sympathy.

I think it was a good thing. I am heartbroken for Desiree... I cannot even imagine. :(

The press conference was heartbreaking. The parents were as I imagine any parent with a missing child would be. I hate that they had to be there but I am sure the speculation from everyone about why there weren't speaking was too much and too distracting that they had to speak. It's too bad that people are now going to pick apart their appearance. We need to find this little boy!

I always love to hear what Marc Klaas has to say in situations like these. Well -- I'm pretty sure I'd know what he would say, but I won't post it here because it will turn into an argument.

Isn't Klaas a friend of WS? I would be interested in your thoughts.

He is living with them. There is no way he isn't going to become emotionally involved. They would have to choose the tin man to keep them from getting emotionally involved. He is living in the house Kyron lives in, with all of his stuff, his baby sister. He is going to become emotionally involved.
I realize I mentioned this earlier, but has anyone ever heard of a police officer living with the family while an investigation is going on?

I always love to hear what Marc Klaas has to say in situations like these. Well -- I'm pretty sure I'd know what he would say, but I won't post it here because it will turn into an argument.

I actually don't think he would comment, because there isn't enough information.

heartbreaking seeing dad and stepdad hugging. But it felt good also to me that they are in this together and I just wanted to hug Kyron's mom.

Ok, the quality isn't very good, but I did the best I could with my resources. [Sorry so shaky]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0WpvYhC0_0

Thank you so much for posting this, Jetaime! The quality is fine for its purpose, and lets us hear the statements again at our own pace.. much appreciated!

So, I haven't been a big follower of any theory, including the ransom-style ones, but that is what is making the most sense to me so far (can't believe I'm making one of these posts, haha)...

I believe that LE helped the families write these statements, so I'm looking carefully at the selected words. I imagine they were chosen carefully. Even if they were not, the following stands out to me:

2:21
We are doing everything we can to work with Law enforcement and the search and the rescue crews to make sure that that you can get back to us as soon as possible.

we want to say how much..

as we wait for you

Perhaps out of context, but a couple of other things have been tilting me this way. I find these words indicative of a deal being made, arrangements being made etc.. the main item against this theory is the giant SAR effort.

now I have to see what you all said already. :)

Here is the link to Kyron's information and support page.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106146"]OR OR - Endangered Missing: KYRON HORMAN - 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Was this posted ?

SNIPPED<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The local newspaper’s Website reported that Yreka police got a tip that a boy matching Kyron's description was seen at a local Wal-Mart.

Yreka detectives said they have seen the surveillance tape. In that tape, a boy who matches Kyron's description was seen with an older couple. The boy in the video was wearing glasses, but was not wearing the CSI T-shirt that Horman was reportedly wearing when he was last seen at school.

Yreka Police were sending the surveillance footage to investigators in Oregon to review it

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Police-check-possible-Kyron-sighting-in-CA-96163314.html

I know if I had abducted a child that everyone in the state was looking for -- the first place I would take him was into a Wal-Mart.

fwiw if somehow the sighting in yreka is legit, there should be a video record of the crossing from oregon to california as everyone has to stop at those checkpoints to see if you're smuggling in oranges or whatever, no?

The checkpoint is further south, nearer to Redding. And like DairyGirl has experienced, I am not even sure it's staffed anymore.

Even though people may pick apart their appearance... I think they made the right choice in speaking. *I* feel a lot better now, hearing from the family... We love you, we miss you, we want you to come home. I feel like the step father and the mother are not going to be picked apart, just as they were not before.

Terri, is just going to be picked apart no matter what she does... it's just how it's going to be. At least now she has appeared in public, she cared enough to go to the press conference. They all tried to show a united front. All of those things will just be less for people to pick apart.

Although I do not know if it will impact the search for Kyron directly... I think even more people may come forward to help now. Donate to the search effort, call in tips that before they thought might not be important, just motivated by sympathy.

I think it was a good thing. I am heartbroken for Desiree... I cannot even imagine. :(

I think so, too. Desiree's obvious distress was painful to watch. The hand on the abdomen, where her child was once so safe. And now this. As a mother, my heart goes out to her.

Regarding the sighting - LE obviously thinks Kyron is alive wherever he may be - otherwise, thy would not entertain the idea of a sighting at Walmart..

We have to remember, they still investigated sightings of Caylee up until the day they found her. Even after Casey was arrested and charged. A responsible LE officer should absolutely look at it, especially when there is a video tape of it. Otherwise in the future if it came to it, a defense attorney could use that as part of the defense... :twocents:

BBM: This leads me to believe that Kyron is with someone who he is "normally" allowed to be with...

Regarding the sighting - LE obviously thinks Kyron is alive wherever he may be - otherwise, thy would not entertain the idea of a sighting at Walmart..

I didn't get to watch the family speak, is there a video link?

Kyron Horman family speaks publicly for 1st time
Posted on June 11, 2010 at 1:30 PM
Updated today at 1:34 PM

Video: http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-v...ly-speaks-publicly-for-1st-time-96171744.html

Copied from Thread 5

Originally Posted by RubyRed
06/07/2010 07:37 AM
SUSPICIOUS SUBJ, VEH, CIRCUMST
Case number: 1006070377

06/06/2010 08:00 PM
THREATS
Case number: 1006061389

06/07/2010 11:21 AM
NEIGHBOR PROBLEM
Case number: 1006070771

06/07/2010 12:44 PM
THEFT
Case number: 1006070938

06/07/2010 08:40 AM
SCHOOL INCIDENT
Case number: 1006070463

06/07/2010 09:22 AM
UNWANTED PERSON
Case number: 1006070525

http://www.katu.com/crime

The way they are above is all that is said about them. I just clicked on those that were around school.

Did anyone ever find out what this incident was about on the 7th?

I realize I mentioned this earlier, but has anyone ever heard of a police officer living with the family while an investigation is going on?

Confirmed several times; a MCSO officer is staying w/the family 24//7.. main duty has been shouldered by Shultz, the officer introducing the parents in the parent-statement video.

No, I haven't. Could be one of those "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" kind of things. I think they are very closely watching somebody, honestly.

Somer T Le was with them 24/7. I think and this JMO but they were receiving
a lot threats.... this case might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member