GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay so in my mind these are where the questions are at:
Who- Christopher Lovrien killed Mark
Where- happened at Mark's home
When-? 7/2 or 7/3
How-? violent rage
Why-?jealousy or burglary? Did he break in to kill him? Take some items to stage it?

Okay so in my mind these are where the questions are at:
Who- Christopher Lovrien killed Mark
Where- happened at Mark's home
When-? 7/2 or 7/3
How-? violent rage
Why-?jealousy or burglary? Did he break in to kill him? Take some items to stage it?
Actually there has to be a 2nd where- a 2nd crime scene- where did he take Mark's body? Hopefully we get some answers soon. It doesn't look like he's talking.

upload_2020-5-25_19-7-18.pngThese are the relevant locations in Mark's case. The Eagle Tavern is the one across the river, then Mark's house, the suspect's address, and the location his vehicle was ditched at.

It appears from what I can gather that Lovrien may have left DNA at the crime scene, and the way they got him was matching his DNA to a family member's DNA in a database.
Did any of you happen to watch tonight the show. "The Genetic Detective" that was on ABC? Mark's father clued me in to watch it. Although I don't think Cece Moore worked on Mark's case, I did learn something. (I was familiar with her, I've seen her shows on reunited adopted families). What I learned was that the company on that show that did the genetic testing- Parabon Nanolabs in Virginia is the company that Portland PB contacted to use in Mark's case. It's an ongoing series, so I think I will be watching in the future.

Did any of you happen to watch tonight the show. "The Genetic Detective" that was on ABC? Mark's father clued me in to watch it. Although I don't think Cece Moore worked on Mark's case, I did learn something. (I was familiar with her, I've seen her shows on reunited adopted families). What I learned was that the company on that show that did the genetic testing- Parabon Nanolabs in Virginia is the company that Portland PB contacted to use in Mark's case. It's an ongoing series, so I think I will be watching in the future.
I’ve been waiting for this show.Amazing work

Slight update- I just checked the Oregon Judicial search records, and on 5/26 there was a motion for attorney withdrawal. I'm assuming his public defender? No more information, but this could delay a trial if granted.

05/22/2020 Order
Judicial Officer: Ramras, Christopher
Comment: court received def's 60D waiver

05/26/2020 Motion - Attorney Withdrawal

06/15/2020 Trial - Twelve Person Jury
Judicial Officer(s): Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 09:00 AM
Cancel Reason: Other

07/13/2020 Hearing - Case Management
Judicial Officer(s): Ramras, Christopher, Ramras, Christopher
Hearing Time: 09:00 AM

link: OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search

From what I found - a 60D waiver is waiver of fast & speedy trial.

I am assuming he has a public defender,yes? And Im trying to imagine the reasons a public defender would ask for withdrawl

I think usually when an accused person needs a defender, they're assigned to the lawyer at the top of the list.

There could be any number of reasons why that first lawyer might feel they can't handle the case. Conflict of interest, for instance if the lawyer is related to the defendant or the prosecutor or something. Scheduling problem where the lawyer is already committed to another case. First lawyer thinks the case needs special expertise, like property law (not saying that applies to this case, it's just an example). I think they also get a certain number of "I just can't stand this person" or "Defendant refuses to cooperate" cases too.

I'm speaking generally, knowing nothing about the lawyers or Oregon procedures or anything.

I think usually when an accused person needs a defender, they're assigned to the lawyer at the top of the list

There could be any number of reasons why that first lawyer might feel they can't handle the case. Conflict of interest, for instance if the lawyer is related to the defendant or the prosecutor or something. Scheduling problem where the lawyer is already committed to another case. First lawyer thinks the case needs special expertise, like property law (not saying that applies to this case, it's just an example). I think they also get a certain number of "I just can't stand this person" or "Defendant refuses to cooperate" cases too.

I'm speaking generally, knowing nothing about the lawyers or Oregon procedures or anything.
Thank you for the explanation, I absolutely have no idea how that works so it’s good to have it explained.

I think usually when an accused person needs a defender, they're assigned to the lawyer at the top of the list.

Or Lovrien could just be playing games to delay proceedings by firing his lawyer, he got away with it this long...

Thursday, June 4th:
*Motion Hearing (Attorney withdrawal) (@ 9:30am PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 was cancelled.

5/5/20 Update: Arraignment hearing. Motion - Recognizance Release. Appointed attorney-D. Smith. Next Case Management hearing on 5/22, defendant need not be transported. Trial on 6/15/20.
5/22/20 Update: Court received defendant’s 60 day waiver. Trial date of 6/15/20 has been cancelled. 5/26/20: Motion of attorney withdrawal will be heard on 6/4. Next Case Management hearing on 7/13/20.

Thursday, June 4th:
*Motion Hearing (Attorney withdrawal) (@ 9:30am PT) - OR – Mark Jeffrey Dribin (42) (last seen July 3, 1999, Portland, reported missing July 6, 1999; has not been found) - *Christopher Charles Lovrien (32 @ time of crime/52) indicted (4/30/20), arrested (5/4/20 by U.S. Marshalls), charged (5/4/20) & arraigned (5/5/20) with 2nd degree murder.
Forensic Genetic Genealogy match
Trial was set to begin on 6/15/20 was cancelled.

5/5/20 Update: Arraignment hearing. Motion - Recognizance Release. Appointed attorney-D. Smith. Next Case Management hearing on 5/22, defendant need not be transported. Trial on 6/15/20.
5/22/20 Update: Court received defendant’s 60 day waiver. Trial date of 6/15/20 has been cancelled. 5/26/20: Motion of attorney withdrawal will be heard on 6/4. Next Case Management hearing on 7/13/20.
The hearing was held this morning. No other comments on the posting. It was Lovrien trying to fire his Public Defender. Hopefully the judge quashed it and said no.

104x104px-LL-d2488469_0415d884_ohno-oh-no-wow-smiley-emoticon-000448-large.gif
I can't access the court site today - I don't know if it's just a fluke - or I won't be able to access it anymore. @LinasK - I'm going to have to rely on you now.... I have in my notes that the next court hearing a case management hearing is July 13th? TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back