Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's hard to be patient here. So many questions.

Yes, LE seems to have moved with alacrity and commitment to find Melissa, and they did find her and arrest the suspect. But was that suspect among the "neighbors" in the building interviewed? Was the suspect himself also missing from work?

Was poor Melissa Jubane present, dead and concealed, in the suspect's apartment, or had she been taken out of the building to some location and then disposed of, with no camera footage capturing anything?

IMO, whatever happened was likely over and done with before Melissa was reported missing, but how could someone unraveled enough to kill her stay cool enough to avoid detection for even one day?

Name: SCHUBERT, BRYCE JOHNATHAN
Sex: M
Race: W
Height: 6'03"
Weight: 230
Hair: BLD
Eyes: BLU
DOB: 1/11/1997

Booking: 2408883
Charge/orig: 163.115 / MURDER 2ND DEGREE M11
OSB: ORJWAS224062163
Case: --
Court: WASHINGTON COUNTY CIRCUIT (HILLSBORO)
Arrest: 9/7/2024
Agency: BEAVERTON PD
Security: --
Scheduled release: --

It's hard to be patient here. So many questions.

Yes, LE seems to have moved with alacrity and commitment to find Melissa, and they did find her and arrest the suspect. But was that suspect among the "neighbors" in the building interviewed? Was the suspect himself also missing from work?

Was poor Melissa Jubane present, dead and concealed, in the suspect's apartment, or had she been taken out of the building to some location and then disposed of, with no camera footage capturing anything?

IMO, whatever happened was likely over and done with before Melissa was reported missing, but how could someone unraveled enough to kill her stay cool enough to avoid detection for even one day?
You mean like the man who killed a woman last week, showed up at the searches and was apparently very worried about her? Then arrested three days later for her murder? Happens more often than you think.

Laat night @fleetwoodmac said BPD were outside the complex searching around it pretty late I think. It was my impression that was after dark. They must have been on to the suspect pretty quickly.

I live nearby and this hits really hard…….. I’m so angry.

Does “neighbor” mean he lived in her building, or could that be a loose term that he lived nearby?

I’m so sad for everyone involved. I’m glad it was solved quickly.

I asked tonight in the search, because years ago my neighbor was kidnapped at gunpoint by another neighbor and held hostage for 3 days. Miracuously, she convinced him to let her go after raping and torturing her for 3 days.
So it's always on my mind that the apartments should all be searched. I have heard they knocked on doors and talked to neighbors. I haven't heard that they actually went inside all the units and searched. There was a police vehicle parked outside the complex tonight when I went by on my way home.
Well I'm replying to my own post here. Please everyone, be vigilant of your neighbors. Especially women - how is this the second time in my life that a woman was kidnapped going to her car on the way to work? I'm going to guess that he asked Melissa to help him with something in his apartment - like watch his cat (this is what happened to the woman I knew years ago that lived above me - he asked her to watch his cat) - then if she went in his apartment, he probably had it all set up to assault her - meaning windows blocked (this is what my monster years ago did), pulled out a gun, tied her up, and in this case evidently he had a body disposal plan.

So women, don't go into your neighbors houses alone if they ask you a favor. It's just too crazy and very sad what's happened to this lovely woman.

Well I'm replying to my own post here. Please everyone, be vigilant of your neighbors. Especially women - how is this the second time in my life that a woman was kidnapped going to her car on the way to work? I'm going to guess that he asked Melissa to help him with something in his apartment - like watch his cat (this is what happened to the woman I knew years ago that lived above me - he asked her to watch his cat) - then if she went in his apartment, he probably had it all set up to assault her - meaning windows blocked (this is what my monster years ago did), pulled out a gun, tied her up, and in this case evidently he had a body disposal plan.

So women, don't go into your neighbors houses alone if they ask you a favor. It's just too crazy and very sad what's happened to this lovely woman.

This is actually not as uncommon as it should be. There are many cases here with women abducted heading to their cars. Look up the Jodi Huisentruit case or Jennifer Kesse cases sometime. Horrific, especially Jodi's as there was evidence of the abduction at the car.

Absolutely awful that we have to look over our shoulders the second we leave home.

MOO.

Did she know this murderer before Wednesday morning? Did he offer to help with her dog while she was gone? They connect over dogs and nursing, he no longer seems like a stranger, he takes advantage of that connection. All MOO.

Confirmation from Providence he briefly worked in the same hospital system, but NOT the same hospital as Melissa:

Providence released more information Saturday morning about Schubert. They stated he was briefly employed as a nurse at Providence Portland Medical Center from September 2022 to October 2023. They said that he was not employed at Providence St. Vincent, where Melissa worked.

Melissa's car is still at her building? Did she normally drive to work? It's crucial her apartment is entered, she could have had a medical event or accident!
Surely a superintendent would let LE enter. Or have they already?
There is a comment from a family member on FB for her missing posts that backs up the info as to her car but also mentions when her door was locked that m orning. (time).
Public records show him living at an address in Newberg, 20 miles from Beaverton. So I'm waiting to hear the details, maybe he moved in recently - if he does indeed live in the building.

View attachment 529618
I believe the Oregon licensing for medical licenses requires a written notification of address change within 30 days of the change (like a pilot's license where you have 30 days to update an address to exercise the privileges of your certificate). Oregon Health Authority : Update Your License : Health Licensing Office : State of Oregon But as someone who worked as a pilot examiner (designed by the FAA to give the checkride to issue a particular type of pilot license) I can't tell you how many people came to me with a license that had an address seriously out of date and they just never bothered to change it as required. So Shubert could have moved months ago and simply never updated his license.

Waking up to see the update on the news has been sickening. I found out he's been living here in the building for a year WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. Where was she when all of this went down? I'm trying to find out where they found her body. It's scary to me that this guy has been questioned and has just gone about his life pretending he had nothing to do with it for the past 2ish days.

Hi all. I live in the building where Melissa went missing. I've lived here for over 3 years, I believe Melissa has as well, when I asked the maintenance team for more info. I have never seen her around - this building isn't very "neighborly" and people stick to themselves. Just like Melissa, I have a dog, but I have never seen her walk her dog. Or maybe I have, I recognize dogs before I do people.

To answer a few questions I have seen here:

- The building has always felt secure. I personally have not had issues with my car getting broken into. We have security that drives around the garage during random hours.
- Washers and dryers are in unit.
- There is a trash room on the ground floor. No trash chute. To enter the trash room, one needs a fob (the same one to unlock your front door, and the same one to get into the building)
- There are cameras: 1 right by the garage entrance/exit, all around the building exterior, and in the mail room. No cameras in elevators, on resident floors, or on any other parking levels.
- Parking situation: Melissa lived on the 5th floor, so she would have parked her car on the 5th floor
- Types of people that live here: I would say lots of Nike folks, since it's right across from the Nike campus. Working professionals, families, and people who are being relocated by Nike and are in temporary housing. That being said, the last few years, a few weird things have happened in the building. About 1.5 years ago somebody was murdered by her husband in their unit. They were newlyweds. I think you can do a search on this.
- The building is massive, with very long hallways. Every floor has a bike room and storage units
- The Extended Stay across the street is shady and I avoid walking my dog there. I don't think anything good happens there.
- We've had a lot of construction recently in the neighborhood.
- There is a pool, they haven't closed it yet for labor day, but we'd all know if somebody decided to do something there.
- I have always felt safe walking my dog in the neighborhood at all hours of the day - but now I'm being more careful.
- Detectives have knocked on doors but they have not asked to search my unit.
- SAR dogs were out yesterday evening on the 5th floor trying to get a scent. I believe they were unsuccessful from what I have heard.

I'm new to this forum, but I'm very unsettled by all of this. I just thought I'd share what I know, living in the building where she went missing.

According to @fleetwoodmac - this would be the second murder which happened at Baseline158?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65
Back