Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's common for an initial charge to be changed/upgraded after the arrest as they gather evidence. I'm positive it was premeditated as it appears he must have been stalking her based on the little we know so far.

You know what I question? Melissa was away for (2 weeks, I presume?) for her wedding. Could he, unbeknownst to her, break into her apartment and install some spy cameras? Or something in her car? I think it can’t be excluded. He organized it too well time-wise.

ETA: I wonder when Melissa left? If his strange behavior coincided with the time she was away, then maybe this is how stalking and preparing looked to the outsiders. JMO.

Sounds like a psychopath in training.

I wonder what else he has been caught doing, all the while playing the fair-haired good gramma's boy.

This is very chilling. Like looking at Ted Bundy's teen years.

I realize these are all pretty innocuous statements and it's only the crime he's accused of that make them sound creepy, but some of these comments really do read like someone who doesn't really get other people's motivations and is learning how to mimic their behaviors/stated motivations because they don't come naturally to him. MOO.

“One of the most important things they teach is the difference between being a leader and a manager,” he said. “Things like, ‘Set an example. Be on time. Make eye contact.'” ...

“They told us what it’s like to give back to the community. I wasn’t aware of the concept of community before this,” he said. “Now I see you all here at Rotary, I understand how you give back, the projects you do in Newberg. I see how it works.

I do think they'd seem pretty harmless without his recent arrest, though. It really is hindsight that makes stuff like that stick out.

On another note, though, sporting that Richard Spencer-style haircut in 2016 might have also been a red flag; at that particular time, it was very popular among a certain sub-culture: This Wildly Popular Haircut Has a Serious Neo-Nazi Problem

JMO, whatever happened, it was done quickly and I don't think Melissa was found in his apartment. Waterhouse trail lines are very close to this apartment. A bunch of trails with a forestry area with long stretches of power lines. I use to meet up with my friends there all the time to run with our fur babies.
I'm curious why you don't think she was found in his apartment. I am thinking she was, but I haven't followed this case super closely.

jmo

I realize these are all pretty innocuous statements and it's only the crime he's accused of that make them sound creepy, but some of these comments really do read like someone who doesn't really get other people's motivations and is learning how to mimic their behaviors/stated motivations because they don't come naturally to him. MOO.

I do think they'd seem pretty harmless without his recent arrest, though. It really is hindsight that makes stuff like that stick out.

On another note, though, sporting that Richard Spencer-style haircut in 2016 might have also been a red flag; at that particular time, it was very popular among a certain sub-culture: This Wildly Popular Haircut Has a Serious Neo-Nazi Problem
To me, those statements sound like things a teen would say/write in an assignment. Perhaps he was required to report on the experience, trying to say something that sounded good and fulfilled the assignment.

jmo

I'm curious why you don't think she was found in his apartment. I am thinking she was, but I haven't followed this case super closely.

jmo
Too risky IMO. I think she was found outdoors and that was shown on surveillance on the way to the trail lines after LE possibly getting digital time stamps. There looked to be more ppl at the trail power lines than usual. JMO

To me, those statements sound like things a teen would say/write in an assignment. Perhaps he was required to report on the experience, trying to say something that sounded good and fulfilled the assignment.

jmo
And this is where I think he gave a notice to quit his work and leave the area. Can't leave an apt with a body inside. JMO

Article from 8 years ago. Newberg is his last official address.

<modsnip: Copyright violation. Please review The Rules: Copyright Rules>

From the article you posted about Bryce:
  • He understands the importance of having values
Uhhh... what kind of values would those be? It's certainly not 'Do unto others'. Or did he just forget/ignore his values?

Source to keep things together: Oct. 24, 2016 Newsletter - Rotary Club of Newberg

Does anyone know how long Melissa worked at Providence? I haven't been able to find that info doing a variety of searches. Thanks.

Jubane's body was also recovered. Police have not shared any details regarding how Schubert was allegedly involved in Jubane's murder, where her remains were found, or who found them.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

For those new to the case, here’s a timeline:

Last edited by a moderator:
On Sept. 8, the University of Portland’s School of Nursing and Health Innovation (SONHI) will hold a mass for 2018 alum Melissa Jubane at 4:15 p.m. in the Chapel of Christ the Teacher.
A memorial for Jubane will be offered to the nursing community at a later date.

“She [Jubane] exemplified UP Pilot Nurse values, and the entire SONHI community will miss her greatly,”

..the nurse's family is clinging to "cherished memories" as they grieve her loss.
Jubane's cousin Jax Marquez took to Facebook to share a montage of happy moments from a wedding Jubane attended in 2022

:-(

Does anyone know how long Melissa worked at Providence? I haven't been able to find that info doing a variety of searches. Thanks.

i would love to find out how long she worked there. Anyone find that info?
I haven't been able to find her work history, only his (a year at Providence, ended Oct. 2023) and that they didn't work at the same location (I realize this isn't the info you asked for!).

The online site that shows registration of healthcare professionals in Oregon have been stopped. It might go back to search mode again when things get more calm. Too much personal and media interest at the moment

Agree. That's exactly what I thought of when I saw his photos with that haircut. MOO.

He was involved many high school sports that required easy haircuts and playing sports also brings along many social meet ups. Honestly, killers come from all walks of life and hairstyles is not a red flag to flush out a killer. I personally think the motive is simple, he got rejected by the victim and he acted on his personal rage. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back