Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was it ever mentioned if there were cameras in the parking garage?

I don't know the specific differences in 1st and 2nd degree murder in Oregon, but I wonder if he accidently hit her with his car and then panicked and took her somewhere instead of the hospital. I'm sure it's not this simple and he was probably a predator.. but dang it, it's just the same darn story every time. Women getting killed by men who think they have a right to take what they want and then remove them from this earth. :(

2nd degree murder charges were to arrest him immediately until they gather more evidence. I'm predicting charges will be upgraded tomorrow. JMO
I was wondering if they were 2nd degree because he promised to take a plea if he said where her body was? Thanks for the info on how it works.

Also, kudos to the St. Vincent staff who not only checked on her, but called the police for a welfare check. Imagine if all women who didn't show for work which was unusual for them had the police do a welfare check within hours if they couldn't be reached. It made it so difficult for Bryce to get away with it.

So he's been acting strangely in the previous days - was he upset because she went away to get married? Could this have been a stalker type who was obsessed by her and thought he might have a chance?

Maybe he noticed her return to work the previous day and then waited for her on Thursday morning to exit her apartment?

jmo
If you read my story from years ago when a similar thing happened to the woman who lived upstairs from me, the man who did it was acting very odd - pacing, smoking, couldn't make eye contact - my thoughts are he couldn't suppress his fantasies anymore. I think it will turn out that Bryce kept a log of her comings and goings, maybe other women too (which was the case with the man who kidnapped my neighbor) He kept a log of all of our comings and goings and if we lived alone or with people. He chose the woman upstairs from me because she was young, naive, sweet and lived alone.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the way my neighbor got her in his apartment to assault her was he said he and his wife needed someone to watch their cat. We all knew his wife well, him not as well, so she went into his apartment willingly while she was on her way to her car for work (sound familiar) and he pulled a gun on her once inside, zip tied her, assaulted her, tied her to his bed and had everything in place to fulfull his sick rape fantasies.

So women reading this, do NOT go in a familiar man's place to help him Ted Bundy style unless you get on the phone with someone while you go inside, or better yet, say you can't help right now or you have a bad back, or whatever. It's just not safe. We all have to be so careful.

You know what I question? Melissa was away for (2 weeks, I presume?) for her wedding. Could he, unbeknownst to her, break into her apartment and install some spy cameras? Or something in her car? I think it can’t be excluded. He organized it too well time-wise.

ETA: I wonder when Melissa left? If his strange behavior coincided with the time she was away, then maybe this is how stalking and preparing looked to the outsiders. JMO.
That's a good point. My neighbor who did this did act weird leading up to it, and during it (I saw him and tried to talk to him not realizing my 'lost' neighbor was locked upstairs in his apartment! I'll bet Bryce was bringing supplies up to his apartment secretly - like duct tape, zip ties, rope, who knows what - and as he got closer to taking action he probably paced around alot and seemed distracted. Effing weirdos.

It's common for an initial charge to be changed/upgraded after the arrest as they gather evidence. I'm positive it was premeditated as it appears he must have been stalking her based on the little we know so far.
My big question is did he have the opportunity to leave with her body (as I'm sure he planned) in a wheeled out suitcase, or because of the quick actions of the police, was he stuck with her inside his apartment?

I'm also positive he stalked her, and probably other women. When the man that kidnapped raped and tortured my neighbor was arrested (a first time arrest), they looked up old cases and realized he was a serial rapist that usually found his victims while camping with male friends. He would leave the campground, go and rape some poor woman, then return to the campground and go about his day. It wouldn't surprise me if Bryce had some incidents in the past. The man that I knew that did a similar thing was in his late 40s, so he had time to 'get good' at doing this. Bryce is still pretty young.

Can you imagine if her work didn't call and get the police over there and it took her family a day to get there? Bryce would have had so much time to dispose of her, and he may have gotten away with it. Who knows.

Just caught up on this case - RIP Melissa.

Heartbreaking for her new husband and the rest of her family.

My thoughts also go to @fleetwoodmac who lives in the same apartment complex - I’m sure this is very upsetting and extremely unsettling for you.

My guess is that this was an ambush attack - he was waiting for her as she walked past his apartment door.. he dragged her in there - she probably left for work at a very similar time each day so this would be easy for him to plan MOO.

It reminds me abit of Joanna Yates’ murder - an infatuated neighbour made a pass at her.. she rejected it then he murdered her
I think he said 'hey, Melissa, can you help me with something real fast?' and she was like well I'm headed to work, and he said something like 'I found this little kitten' or 'I just need one second' and she walked into his trap. No screams. No one would see anything unusual if they passed by, and he pulled a gun, and/or hit her, subdued her, had all the supplies to tie her up. That's what my neighbor did. Sick bastards.

If you read my story from years ago when a similar thing happened to the woman who lived upstairs from me, the man who did it was acting very odd - pacing, smoking, couldn't make eye contact - my thoughts are he couldn't suppress his fantasies anymore. I think it will turn out that Bryce kept a log of her comings and goings, maybe other women too (which was the case with the man who kidnapped my neighbor) He kept a log of all of our comings and goings and if we lived alone or with people. He chose the woman upstairs from me because she was young, naive, sweet and lived alone.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the way my neighbor got her in his apartment to assault her was he said he and his wife needed someone to watch their cat. We all knew his wife well, him not as well, so she went into his apartment willingly while she was on her way to her car for work (sound familiar) and he pulled a gun on her once inside, zip tied her, assaulted her, tied her to his bed and had everything in place to fulfull his sick rape fantasies.

So women reading this, do NOT go in a familiar man's place to help him Ted Bundy style unless you get on the phone with someone while you go inside, or better yet, say you can't help right now or you have a bad back, or whatever. It's just not safe. We all have to be so careful.
1)Take a photo of the person and send him to your contacts.
2) Better still, call security or be on the phone with a man, any guy relative or not
3) enable locations

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I believe that his family and relatives are good people. If only he could think of how their lives would be ruined before he acted on urges. What about his grandma that he so loved? Everyone?
But the truth is these sick bastards that @just has aptly characterized the group, for some odd reason think they can get away with it.
I read somewhere that serial killers, before the murders, change and feel almost dissociating. I would like to know what his strange behavior consisted of; whether it was akin to dissociative or maybe he really started using substances and it affected his actions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back