Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since they were neighbors, he would also have been parked on the fifth floor.

If he removed her from the building, I find it a lot more plausible that he grabbed her in the garage and then left the premises, probably immediately. (Which may have been what led law enforcement to investigate him more closely, because his vehicle would then have been on camera. It's also possible that it was an atypical time for him to leave, so it stood out )

However, if he'd gotten her into his apartment, it's likely she was recovered from there because of the difficulty of leaving without being noticed. (Unless of course he did try the large suitcase or other container stunt... which I'd imagine would have gotten attention, too )

Since they were neighbors, he would also have been parked on the fifth floor.

If he removed her from the building, I find it a lot more plausible that he grabbed her in the garage and then left the premises, probably immediately. (Which may have been what led law enforcement to investigate him more closely, because his vehicle would then have been on camera. It's also possible that it was an atypical time for him to leave, so it stood out )

However, if he'd gotten her into his apartment, it's likely she was recovered from there because of the difficulty of leaving without being noticed. (Unless of course he did try the large suitcase or other container stunt... which I'd imagine would have gotten attention, too )
I still think she didn't make it past his apt door. Voluntarily or involuntarily going into his apt. I think she was attacked in his apt and moved later to his car. IMO, looks like ppl knew when ppl left their apts because many healthcare professionals lived in that building. Keeping a body in his apt was too risky. Police were there at the apt building checking out her apt and the area until his arrest Friday night. When ppl interview ppl, they come inside the the house or apt. JMO

I was wondering if they were 2nd degree because he promised to take a plea if he said where her body was? Thanks for the info on how it works.

Also, kudos to the St. Vincent staff who not only checked on her, but called the police for a welfare check. Imagine if all women who didn't show for work which was unusual for them had the police do a welfare check within hours if they couldn't be reached. It made it so difficult for Bryce to get away with it.
Sad and interesting updates in this case. I hope there was not an offer or the like, and certainly not until evidence and possible manner and cause of her demise are known. Unless and until those factors are clear it might not be good to reduce or offer anything. And IMO there might be evidence of premeditation perhaps? MOO

I still think she didn't make it past his apt door. Voluntarily or involuntarily going into his apt. I think she was attacked in his apt and moved later to his car. IMO, looks like ppl knew when ppl left their apts because many healthcare professionals lived in that building. Keeping a body in his apt was too risky. Police were there at the apt building checking out her apt and the area until his arrest Friday night. When ppl interview ppl, they come inside the the house or apt. JMO
Do you not think it’s possible that he was taken by complete surprise though by how fast the Police were on scene? He might not have had time to dispose of the body.

I think she will have been recovered from his flat MOO

Do you not think it’s possible that he was taken by complete surprise though by how fast the Police were on scene? He might not have had time to dispose of the body.

He disposed of her quickly after she was killed IMO. LE didn't come till later in the morning. She last talked to her husband between 6 and 630 am. He killed her and JMO he quickly got rid of her. Perhaps they found her body in his car trunk but I really don't think it's possible they found her body in his apt. They arrested him Friday night and LE usually comes inside homes to interview and they are trained what to look for when interviewing if something is out of place

I also think this is a case that was solved by video coverage and a digital path linking the sp to her murder. JMO

Last edited:
I also think this is a case that was solved by video coverage and a digital path linking the sp to her murder. JMO
I agree. I think even if there is only a camera at the garage area or upon entry/exit of the complex. I think if we have record of when her door closed/locked then they likely have record of when his door also closed/locked as well as the records of all of the other tenants there. If no cars are seen entering that morning and then they just need to line up who shut their doors about the same time she did, then see a car leaving that belongs to the suspect. It would be very easy to assume he either saw something or he did it. This is just my opinion.. a hypothetic on how cameras could have narrowed it way down.

He's been entered into the court system now.

Case Information​

24CR46624 | State of Oregon vs Bryce Johnathan Schubert

Case Number 24CR46624
Court Washington
File Date 09/09/2024
Case Type Offense Felony
Case Status Open

Charges
Schubert, Bryce Johnathan
DescriptionStatuteLevelDate
1Murder in the Second Degree163.115Felony Unclassified09/04/2024
2Kidnapping in the First Degree163.235Felony Class A09/04/2024
3Abuse of Corpse in the Second Degree166.085Felony Class C09/04/2024
  • 09/09/2024 Arraignment
    Hearing Time 2:00 PM
  • 09/09/2024 Information
  • 09/10/2024 Hearing - Status Check
    Hearing Time 9:00 AM

I agree. I think even if there is only a camera at the garage area or upon entry/exit of the complex. I think if we have record of when her door closed/locked then they likely have record of when his door also closed/locked as well as the records of all of the other tenants there. If no cars are seen entering that morning and then they just need to line up who shut their doors about the same time she did, then see a car leaving that belongs to the suspect. It would be very easy to assume he either saw something or he did it. This is just my opinion.. a hypothetic on how cameras could have narrowed it way down.
The parking garage has a lot of cameras.

Case Information​

Case Number 24CR46624
Court Washington
File Date 09/09/2024
Case Type Offense Felony
Case Status Open

Charges
  • 09/09/2024 Arraignment
  • 09/09/2024 Information
I'll change my theory. He took her against her will in the parking garage and killed her elsewhere. I still stand by the Waterhouse area where she might have been recovered. JMO

Case Information​

Case Number 24CR46624
Court Washington
File Date 09/09/2024
Case Type Offense Felony
Case Status Open

Charges
  • 09/09/2024 Arraignment
  • 09/09/2024 Information
Terrible charges .. poor woman

The parking garage has a lot of cameras.
Are you sure about that? Because @fleetwoodmac lives there and said there's a camera at the entrance to the garage but not on each floor of the garage. Unless I misunderstood. MOO

Are you sure about that? Because @fleetwoodmac lives there and said there's a camera at the entrance to the garage but not on each floor of the garage. Unless I misunderstood. MOO

I was told the top floors had more. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrelracer99
Back