Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Crime does not immune anyone. Simply, he chose to commit this act. Income and being exposed to the finer things in life doesn't scream entitlement to make a person become a criminal JMO
That's not what I was gettng at when I said 'entitlement'. Some men just think they are entitled to women. Has nothing to do with income, or the finer things in life. I think it's a result of the patriarchy, but that's my opinion on that.

I'm in NO WAY defending the guy or surprised that a "good kid" appearance means anything, just wondering why stuff that doesn't seem to be about this perp is being discussed. He wasn't a neglected kid playing video games instead of sports.

But maybe I'm misreading the thread.

jmo
I'm sure things will come out at the trial. I live in his hometown after moving away from the metro area and it's been the talk of the town in many businesses. IMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Probably, a slightly shy and emotional kid whose parents hoped he’d grow out of it. Indeed, he seemingly achieved. I would also bet that if a mom is social and dad, less so, then mom brings friends into the house and friends bring in kids, exposure to peers “normalizes” their kid’s oddities. He grew out of the “dangerous age” before 24, without problems. The problems, as I guess, started when he was living on his own and likely, reverted to old fantasies. Maybe - moved to a new town, new hospital, no time to establish firm relationships, the apartments were like a fortress, in short, social isolation.

Not condoning the behavior at all, just analyzing. The parents are not at fault. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I'm in NO WAY defending the guy or surprised that a "good kid" appearance means anything, just wondering why stuff that doesn't seem to be about this perp is being discussed. He wasn't a neglected kid playing video games instead of sports.

But maybe I'm misreading the thread.

jmo
Sorry, I misunderstood your original comment. Thanks for clarifying!

I see all of our brains scurrying to try to fill in the gaps because we have so little info… the sociological and psychological speculation is on fire lol! That’s how you know you spend a lot of time sleuthin’ :p

At the 1:13 mark, I noticed a person in orange shirt in the little room with glass window (look to the left) that looks like it might be BS? Hard to say..MOO

I took a look and it appears to be a woman with longer hair? Hard to say though! It doesn't look like any of the pictures I have seen.

SEP 9, 2024
SN is an Associate Professor at the School of Nursing and Health Innovation, and one of Jubane’s former teachers, who still remembers the way she made others feel.

“She was just super supportive of her classmates, engaged and happy to be in class and learning,” SN said. “She definitely was a bit of a quiet leader, she always had a little bit of sway with her students and kind of encouraged them to move along, and just so thoughtful, and just a bright spot in the classroom.”

When I was on the search, neighbors said they were forbidden, which to me is bizarre. I'm sure they had their reasons, but in light of world events and this tragedy, let folks have their ring cameras. Maybe it would have prevented this nut job to be so bold knowing he was on camera, IDK.
I'm torn about Ring cameras in apartment buildings. While I agree the building should have cameras at key points (like elvators and stairwells) and only available to building staff, I would worry about neighbors spying on the timing of my coming and going, even if I was just going to the garbage chute in my nighttime comfy wear.

JMO - not his case. Probably, a slightly shy and emotional kid whose parents hoped he’d grow out of it. Indeed, he seemingly achieved. I would also bet that if a mom is social and dad, less so, then mom brings friends into the house and friends bring in kids, it “normalizes” the kid’s oddities. He grew out of the “dangerous age” before 24, without problems. The problems, as I guess, started when he was living on his own and reverted to old fantasies. Maybe - moved to a new town, new hospital, no time to establish firm relationships, the apartments were like a fortress, in short, social isolation.

Not condoning the behavior at all, just analyzing. The parents are not at fault. JMO.
The thing is, he has, or who knows, until recently, had a girlfriend. They moved in together, into the building, last year. She worked in the same hospital as Melissa. <modsnip>

I took a look and it appears to be a woman with longer hair? Hard to say though! It doesn't look like any of the pictures I have seen.
I appreciate you looking. My eyes aren't the best. I wish we had a recent photo that could be posted here so we could make a better comparison.

Glad to see you're hanging in there, @fleetwoodmac. I know it can't be easy.

THANK YOU, @slowpoke!

I appreciate you looking. My eyes aren't the best. I wish we had a recent photo that could be posted here so we could make a better comparison.

Glad to see you're hanging in there, @fleetwoodmac. I know it can't be easy.
It's been unsettling, but I'm grateful to be a part of this little community. It definitely helps take my mind off things, in a weird way, even though we are talking about it. Makes me feel a little less alone!

Interesting. He was invovled in sports, from what I looked up. Football I believe. But yes, young men (and some old ones) really struggle to keep their *advertiser censored* together. Not sure of the answer. Other countries seem to have less issues, so we could start with seeing how they do things.
They have exactly the same issues, maybe less means, or the means are different. OK, maybe more nuclear societies and poorer countries where people have to work longer to survive have fever problems of precisely our kind, but they surely have other issues. Or maybe, “their” cases don’t make the headlines, but when they make, OMG... About BS - he was in sports, and maybe it distracted him so he didn’t act out sooner. I think sports and structure and a coach who says, “one more time, and you are out”, helps.

They have exactly the same issues, maybe less means, or the means are different. OK, maybe more nuclear societies and poorer countries where people have to work longer to survive have fever problems of precisely our kind, but they surely have other issues. Or maybe, “their” cases don’t make the headlines, but when they make, OMG... About BS - he was in sports, and maybe it distracted him so he didn’t act out sooner. I think sports and structure and a coach who says, “one more time, and you are out”, helps.
I agree with you. Having grown up all over the world, violence against women is a global problem. In many countries it doesn't even get reported or shared on the news, as it isn't newsworthy.

They did a good job arresting him. Let them decide how to conduct the pre-trial and trial phases.
Oregon and several other states mandated no mug shots. It was a decision with out a vote from Oregonians. The Gov decided that unfortunately.
(from Oregon). Right, I think they opted for no mug shots to protect people who are falsely accused, but this is the flip side of that coin.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back