Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The abuse of a corpse in the 2nd degree was chosen because in the profession he was in , he violated the healthcare standards he promised to uphold when he got his nursing license. JMO
I strongly disagree FWIW, he was not handling Melissa's corpse in the line of duty. I believe we will understand the rationale behind this charge as more info becomes public.

Current info with names of PD and DA. Freeman the DA gets a lot of the big cases. Hopefully the head DA Barton will join....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240910-115237.png
    Screenshot_20240910-115237.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 14
Oregon and several other states mandated no mug shots. It was a decision with out a vote from Oregonians. The Gov decided that unfortunately.
I’ll admit I am late following this, yet this position just gets me……..

Would love to hear the rationale and basis for this.

It seems to me IMO are there not cases that when arrested and made aware to others…… prior victims might even come forth to report to authorities? And could provide details on their interactions on similar or repeat prior incidents with the assailant or accused? And that might lead to an established pattern of conduct or behavior and criminal history?

I’ve tried to find some statistics on this just now…… but unfortunately am coming up with nil. But the practice of not identifying a suspect clearly including with a mug shot just seems perplexing. Almost seems IMO an attempt to shield something from public awareness. And isn’t it often the case that certain criminal behaviors tend to escalate in severity with repeat offenses? SMH. MOO

I strongly disagree FWIW, he was not handling Melissa's corpse in the line of duty. I believe we will understand the rationale behind this charge as more info becomes public.
Hopefully this will clarify it - In Oregon under Section 166.085 - Abuse of corpse in the second degree(1) A person commits the crime of abuse of corpse in the second degree if, except as otherwise authorized by law, the person intentionally:(a) Abuses a corpse; or(b) Disinters, removes or carries away a corpse.(2) Abuse of corpse in the second degree is a Class C felony.(3) As used in this section and ORS 166.087, "abuse of corpse" includes treatment of a corpse by any person in a manner not recognized by generally accepted standards of the community or treatment by a professional person in a manner not generally accepted as suitable practice by other members of the profession, as may be defined by rules applicable to the profession.

Hopefully this will clarify it - In Oregon under Section 166.085 - Abuse of corpse in the second degree(1) A person commits the crime of abuse of corpse in the second degree if, except as otherwise authorized by law, the person intentionally:(a) Abuses a corpse; or(b) Disinters, removes or carries away a corpse.(2) Abuse of corpse in the second degree is a Class C felony.(3) As used in this section and ORS 166.087, "abuse of corpse" includes treatment of a corpse by any person in a manner not recognized by generally accepted standards of the community or treatment by a professional person in a manner not generally accepted as suitable practice by other members of the profession, as may be defined by rules applicable to the profession.
Would that not only apply to a professional person in a professional setting though? I'm not convinced. We will see when more is released.

He appeared in court via video on Monday
Today (Tuesday) he appeared in person
Ah, thank you for clearing up the confusion.
Or maybe just MY confusion?
redface3.gif

Also, clarifies it here:
“Schubert appeared virtually at the Washington County Jail courtroom on Monday, but on Tuesday, he was present along with his attorney at the Washington County Circuit Court.”

Update in the Oregonian an hour ago stating that her body was found Saturday at 3 am. According to reports Bryce was arrested Friday night.

So my questions are:

Did he cooperate with them and told where her body was to obtain the murder charge in the 2nd degree? If the police found her phone off and purse then it could be a possibility that those items were still in her apt when they did a welfare check? Did she plan on taking her garbage to the designated place in her building before grabbing her purse before heading to work but Bryce attacked her ? JMO

Wayne Couzens - abused his position as a Police Officer
Lucy Letby - abused her position as a nurse

Life with no Possibility of Parole

Both in the UK

yes but abuse of a corpse is different and it usually just means they moved the corpse from the location the person died

He looks weird in the Court video IMO.
But maybe it is his shuffling in chains and moving awkwardly.

I was expecting the blond hair we saw on his social media

Would that not only apply to a professional person in a professional setting though? I'm not convinced. We will see when more is released.

I don't think so. We see it all the time and I've never noticed that it's related to the suspect's profession.

I was expecting the blond hair we saw on his social media

What really surprised me was his lawyer embracing him, patting him on the shoulder, generally treating him like a poor victim :oops:
I don't like such "touchy feely" behaviour in professionals.

Oh,
and screening the accused from camera.
Aaargh!

JMO

What really surprised me was his lawyer embracing him, patting him on the shoulder, generally treating him like a poor victim :oops:
I don't like such "touchy feely" behaviour in professionals.

Oh,
and screening the accused from camera.
Aaargh!

JMO
That's what they do. We might hate them for it but PDs are there to work for their clients.

Yep.
But one shouldn't overdo things.
JMO
I know a lot of PDs from my friend circle and this is their passion to give humane and fair representation. It's genuine on their part. It's their job.

Thanks for the info. I would've guessed they abused those positions while actually on the job, but perhaps I'm wrong. Appreciate learning something new.

jmo
I agree with you. Other explanations made me confused. i think in this case, he is accused of intentionally abducting and unintentionally killing Melissa and intentionally hiding her body. That he was a nurse is not relevant to the accusation itself.

Looks like his PD wanted to get his client's not guilty plea out in the public domain which is a common tactic to tone down the public's view of the sp. It helps in regards to any potential juror the defense might want to have to serve on the jury. JMO
Won’t work Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime
Back