Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I understand
he was behaving weirdly recently - meaning BEFORE the crime.
Or am I mistaken? :rolleyes:
Not much info is out there.
I thought the same as you did when I first heard he had been acting strangely. I found it in MSM but it's not clear if it was the week before the murder, or every since her disappearance.

Others living in the Baseline 158 apartments told FOX 12 off-camera that the suspect allegedly lived just down the hall from Jubane, and had been acting strangely over the past week.

Are you leaning on that Melissa was just at the wrong place at the right time or he targeted her specifically ? JMO
I'm leaning toward he knew he couldn't have her, but wanted her. She was planning on moving to WA in the next two weeks to live with her new husband. He probably thought he had to "take her" now, otherwise he never could. I suspect he's been obsessing about her for a very long time. So, yes, targeted specifically. JMO My understanding is her apartment was a couple doors down from his. My guess is he's been fixated on her since they've both lived there.

Any ideas as to why the judge would agree to seal the affidavit for the search warrant and summary of evidence? Since it is sealed, does that typically mean it would remain sealed until an actual trial or is it likely it would be unsealed before then?

Do we know if a grand jury has returned an indictment yet? If not, how soon might that be? Could waiting on that be the reason the judge sealed the arrest affidavit and evidence list?
I wonder if it is meant to protect the apartments? They seem to be very safe, but if there was one element of unsafety in the structure/operation and the perp used it, they want to change things before someone else has an idea. I think we’ll know what happened, but not the details. MOO.

She was with her boyfriend for 10 years before marrying. Most guys (even socially stunted ones) once they learn a woman is "taken"--with a boyfriend or engaged to be married won't hold out hope for reciprocation. A hard "no" usually is enough. I think he's an incel who hates women and took/stole what he wanted. An unscientific poll of guys that I know, when they heard the story all said "He's an incel".

He is not an incel by definition, but he may have qualities that would make others incel. I think he had something of the type, but a good family was always helping to normalize it, until he was considered independent enough and moved out. Then everything went down the hill. He said in that Rotary speech that he was making drywall for four years, so maybe not that of college material after school to start with? But with constant studies, maybe tutors and other help he made it, only to realize that his profession meant a lot of hard work and he didn’t like it so much? With his training, he could earn a lot as a traveling nurse, but why does it feel that his family was still concerned about him? JMO. MOO - he presented better than he was, maybe appeared more gifted than he was, but with time, things started declining, and it was a big source of stress.

No worries. I didn't mean to assume you thought religion had any play in this. This is solely my hunch, based on his photos. I'm not blaming religion as much as how some folks with ultra-religious upbringings are taught to keep their emotions in check, pray the sin away, and the parents would ignore alarming details. I'm guessing this will come out.
I won’t bet on him being raised in a super-religious family. Honestly, most of Western part of PNW is very different in this regard. MOO, even in religious people here, it never goes to the bone. I have some religious friends, but they try to explain things by “intelligent design” or such. Sadly, I think it is just him.

Agreed. I think it will turn out he was raised in an ultra-religious household as well.
I would bet on the opposite. The only boy, probably loved and not abused, very much supported. Either normally religious or not religious at all. Maybe some youth group for socializing. I suspect there was not much pressure on him, but maybe one of the parents saw something that they couldn’t put a finger on and invested more in maintaining a group of friends for the boy. But, I wonder if prior relationships failed because the girls left him, getting tired of a shallow manboy. MOO - I wonder If his current relationship was breaking up. Then, a neighbor marrying the man with whom she’d been stable for ten years, might explain why she became the target of his rage.

Maybe something happened in the garage and he drove away with her body in the trunk

Heck, for all we actually know, it could've been a totally accident, he was half asleep or in a hurry and hit her in the garage as he was leaving, unintentionally killed her, panicked, tossed her body in the car and dumped her.

Not that I think that's what happened... but for the info we actually KNOW, it could have.

Heck, for all we actually know, it could've been a totally accident, he was half asleep or in a hurry and hit her in the garage as he was leaving, unintentionally killed her, panicked, tossed her body in the car and dumped her.

Not that I think that's what happened... but for the info we actually KNOW, it could have.
If it was an accident, they wouldn't be charging him with 2nd degree murder, it would be manslaughter.

In this case, I think the reason Bryce was caught is because our police acted, as they should, very quickly. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this response was the norm?
It would. I very much doubt the same reaction would have occurred if she'd been say, a restaurant or retail employee, no matter how reliable her coworkers insisted she was.

I do not think he premeditated to murder her because he got the 2nd count but I think she fought back hard and he killed her. JMO

If it was an accident, they wouldn't be charging him with 2nd degree murder, it would be manslaughter.
I could totally see law enforcement charging him on the belief that it was intentionally hitting her, and him claiming that it was accidental... which, in theory, could be true. I doubt it, but we know so little that it's possible.

Hmmm...

"Schubert is charged with first-degree kidnapping — meaning that he allegedly kidnapped her for reasons that include physically injuring her."

Is kidnapping "totally accident"? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...

"Schubert is charged with first-degree kidnapping — meaning that he allegedly kidnapped her for reasons that include physically injuring her."

It could also mean rape, etc., per your link. That's what I've been thinking it was from the start of the case.

(1) A person commits the crime of kidnapping in the first degree if the person violates ORS 163.225 (Kidnapping in the second degree) with any of the following purposes:

<a - d snipped for focus>

(e) To further the commission or attempted commission of any of the following crimes against the victim:

(A) Rape in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.375 (Rape in the first degree) (1)(b);​

(B) Sodomy in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.405 (Sodomy in the first degree) (1)(b); or

(C) Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree, as defined in ORS 163.411 (Unlawful sexual penetration in the first degree) (1)(b).​

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932