Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any ideas as to why the judge would agree to seal the affidavit for the search warrant and summary of evidence? Since it is sealed, does that typically mean it would remain sealed until an actual trial or is it likely it would be unsealed before then?

Do we know if a grand jury has returned an indictment yet? If not, how soon might that be? Could waiting on that be the reason the judge sealed the arrest affidavit and evidence list?

Not sure why in this case specifically, beyond the usual "might compromise the investigation," since both perp and victim have been located and are in safe custody. In cases where there's significant exploitation of a victim where public details involve minors and/ or are likely extremely distressing or even harmful to survivors we seem to see it also, and whilst redaction is always possible there will no doubt be those who make efforts to guess at redacted material, and so on.

IMO only, but it feels like we're seeing affidavits for PC etc sealed far more regularly of late, often without explanation, and staying that way until / unless a media or other agency brings a case to unseal.

Maybe it's all about ducks in a row, but cases like Sandra Birchmore in MA and quite a few others seem to me compelling arguments for transparency -- though it's very early days for this case, so perhaps we see changes as the state is confident that they've exhausted investigative avenues.

... All of which is the milk-run way of saying "I've got no idea, guv!"

IMO, MOO, etc,

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> He had/has a girlfriend...and an attractive one at that!

I'm a guy. I will say that tales of a long distance BF are not always convincing. I'm not defending him, just saying that if she kept the apartment for job convenience her BF may not have been there much if at all. This could have given him hope if he had an infatuation. He could have snapped when she showed up with a wedding ring!

As they say in my mother country, let’s separate the jam from the flies.

1) about the relationship with her husband-to-be. It was a long one, but it is not at all relevant for the case. Moreover, when Bryce graduated from his nursing program, Melissa’s relationship was by no means a long-distance one. She and her fiancée started planning the wedding 1.5 years ago. Also, with her husband being deployed in WA, I assume he was hardly an absent figure in Melissa’s life. Rather, the opposite. He was visiting her in Oregon, or she’d likely go to her home state, Washington, where she grew up and her parents lived, on weekends. Either way, if Bryce was unaware of her situation, it just means he didn’t know her at all, that there was no connection save for living across the hall. The whole hospital knew of Melissa’s forthcoming dream wedding, and BS was unaware?

2) nowhere in the scenario do I see this guy, BS, in the cards. Why him? Just because he was a neighbor? Probably a recent one, and chances are, Melissa started planning her wedding when this guy just graduated from his nursing program. Theirs are totally different life tracks that cross over due to the proximity of their doors in these apartments. He got obsessed with her? His problem, not her fault. He had a family, he was earning money, he could have worked through this.

3) in general, it shouldn’t have mattered at all. Imagine that Melissa were single, working in Oregon and having a family in Washington. Would it have given Bryce more right to attack her? He had no right either way. Melissa was not Bryce’s property, she was a married neighbor and I feel horribly sorry for her widower and her family. Her father’s words broke my heart. I am very glad that they have the dignity to stay away from all these insinuations.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> He had/has a girlfriend...and an attractive one at that!

I'm a guy. I will say that tales of a long distance BF are not always convincing. I'm not defending him, just saying that if she kept the apartment for job convenience her BF may not have been there much if at all. This could have given him hope if he had an infatuation. He could have snapped when she showed up with a wedding ring!
<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> Obviously having a girlfriend had no bearing on him deciding to murder this young woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know her move was imminent? I've only heard she was looking for a job there.
"Llantero’s mother, Imelda Llantero, told the news station that Jubane was planning to get a job in the Bremerton area so she and her husband could live together."

Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy
Back