OR OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *nurse, didn't show up for work at hospital*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has been my thought all along… very very tight window of time between apartment door locking (coinciding w the time she was known to leave for work) and the time she didn’t arrive to work and subsequently reported to LE.

Since the beginning, this case has had undertones of Eliza Fletcher to me, as someone who followed that case from the very beginning. Obviously circumstances and locations are quite different (running vs leaving for work, Tennessee vs Oregon), but the tight timeline, quickly reported missing, time of day, and general age are similar. Heck, even the time of year if I remember right… September?

Anyway, my point as it relates to this case - I remember thinking how odd it was for someone with bad intentions to be out at such an early hour in Eliza’s case. While we have no clue at this point (and hope and pray it is NO where near the case here) if others were involved in Melissa’s disappearance, I do think it could be another important thing to consider — what type of people may be known to this community that would be out at 6am? Someone working a different shift may be returning home if their shift is 6p-6a, or similar off-time, or someone known to be an early morning walker/jogger? Surely in such a large apartment building, others were at the very least awake, but I would be surprised if no one else were nearby- either in the garage on a different level, or outside the garage walking/jogging on nearby sidewalks and streets.
I've gone on walks at 6am with my dog, and the building is pretty much dead. Maybe 1 or two cars leaving the garage for those who need to get to work early. Sometimes I'll see an Amazon delivery person outside, trying to get in to deliver a package. I also know cleaning staff gets here early before the leasing office opens, but they stick to the leasing office, elevators, and communal areas, plus it's a team of women and they stick close to each other.

Thank you @fleetwoodmac for your contribution!
I’m surprised there aren’t more cameras in the garage levels. Seems like it would benefit management company to monitor for potential property crimes.
I've brought this up, and they are looking into adding more cameras - elevators, hallways, more in the garage. Of course all of this stuff takes time and money, and it seems like too little too late at this point. But for my sake and continuing to live here, I would welcome more cameras. One can never be safe enough these days.

I do believe most pools close after Labor Day weekend but even if it was still open surely someone else would have found her by now. I'm wondering too if the phone has been found because if it was in her apartment building that would be even more perplexing...do we know if she had her phone and/or purse with her or if they found them in the apartment? I too hope there is some camera footage in and around the building. Its always so scary when someone just vanishes out of thin air and what are the odds to go missing just a couple days after arriving home from your wedding...
Poster was replying to my post. I was referring to the gym and pool located in her apartment complex. It would not close seasonally IMO.

The reason I ask, is - if she never left her complex in her car. Did she disappear IN her complex, meaning abducted by someone when she was on her way to the gym or pool. Just a thought.

What if someone stayed the night with her and they both left the apartment at 6:30 am and then they both left in the same car, just not her vehicle?

Pretty critical for LE to try to see if there are cameras that can find cars that left that area about that time, possibly heading as if to the hospital where she worked.

No judgement, but just another theory of that half hour after the apartment door opened.

I’m confused about where the husband lives. He works in a medical Rehab center which is right next to where she works. She lived alone in the apartment prior to the wedding and it appear she returned to the same apartment building. Where does her husband live? I would think they would have moved in together prior to the wedding, but perhaps the wedding took priority.

So where is he now and was he staying with her at her apartment since the wedding?
I read he was serving in the army? Someone mentioned six hours away, but I also wonder if it could be WA? Perhaps because there are bases along I5.

Just the intuitive feeling that it is neither her husband nor the family. Can't explain why i have this feeling. (Logic, not ESP.) I can't exclude self, random person or someone who was helped by Melissa in the hospital since she's a nurse.

Is she wearing an Apple watch?

SEP 6, 2024

Melissa Jubane, shown with her husband in this undated photo, has been missing in Beaverton, OR.

The 32-year-old married her longtime boyfriend two weeks ago at Waimea Valley and the couple returned to Beaverton, where they live, on Saturday.

Beaverton police said they searched her apartment complex Thursday night and used a blood hound to search the property. They spoke to residents and found that she has made no phone calls and has not used her credit cards.

Welcome to Websleuths, @sector46 and @fleetwoodmac! :)
They are both very attractive people. Could it be someone hopefully enamored with her husband and maybe imagining that it was mutual, only to realize that the man is married and getting angry with Melissa?

I’m confused about where the husband lives. He works in a medical Rehab center which is right next to where she works. She lived alone in the apartment prior to the wedding and it appear she returned to the same apartment building. Where does her husband live? I would think they would have moved in together prior to the wedding, but perhaps the wedding took priority.

So where is he now and was he staying with her at her apartment since the wedding?

I've seen mention he was away with military when she went missing, and the medical professional info is why I wonder if he was national guard or reserves, for both military and medical professional to be accurate.

There is information freely available online that shows him with an address at those same apartments, including an apartment number that matches the floor stated by someone else who lives there. So... he's lived at there long enough to show up in searches.

When they say "neighbors" I'm assuming they spoke with everybody on the 5th floor. They approached me while I was walking my dog next to our building, but I haven't been home when they knocked on doors. They did walk through the garage to see if they could talk to anybody. There were about 12 of them out here yesterday morning around 7:30 am, I found it really strange as I had no clue they were detectives. They were all holding clipboards and I was wondering what was up with that.

That's concerning. I hope they're more organized than it sounds like they are! Based on what you've said, it seems like it'd have been possible for someone to grab her in the garage, put her in a vehicle, and leave.

It’s being reported that he is in the Navy, stationed 3 hours away in Washington. I also read though that he had a successful Physical Therapy business in Beaverton.

I’m confused too.

With all the cameras at exits and entries, except in the garages proper, I fear she is still in the building (Annie Le comes to mind, as well as another case in an apartment complex in my area), or she left by someone's vehicle from the garage, involuntarily. (I don't believe this was voluntary, though at this point I wish it was.)

I read he was serving in the army? Someone mentioned six hours away, but I also wonder if it could be WA? Perhaps because there are bases along I5.

Just the intuitive feeling that it is neither her husband nor the family. Can't explain why i have this feeling. (Logic, not ESP.) I can't exclude self, random person or someone who was helped by Melissa in the hospital since she's a nurse.
They both have prior addresses and/or family in WA, so it seems reasonable to me.
And I've found reason to believe it's navy, not army. And that also fits with the city I saw listed in Washington.

Except it's nowhere near six hours, unless I-5 traffic is really, really REALLY bad!

I agree that it does not seem he was involved in her disappearance.
From that photo of them in Hawaii, I would say he was in the Navy.

Was she going to move to be with him in WA? Or was he planning on returning to Oregon? Just trying to figure out the dynamics in her life, and if she was planning to be moving there to be with him.

It’s being reported that he is in the Navy, stationed 3 hours away in Washington. I also read though that he had a successful Physical Therapy business in Beaverton.

I’m confused too.
Perhaps the Navy Reserves?
"The Navy Reserve is a valued partner of the Navy's active-duty component. It offers citizens the chance to serve on a part-time basis, training near home until called to Active Duty. A reservist can pursue a full-time civilian education or career, or obtain special military training while serving."

There's a naval hospital, even, at Bremerton.

It seems odd to me that LE are not on TV asking for help, tips etc. Does that usually mean that they have a pretty good lead already?

I’ve had similar thoughts, and total speculation but it would be my guess what you suggest is likely. I also think they would be asking for more direct searches or known sightings, or asking for info from those who know Melissa if they didn’t already have a somewhat solid lead or idea of what happened.
I also think the family and husband not making statements aside from saying they do not want to interfere with the active investigation could potentially be a clue that they all have a bit more info than is being publicly released.
Again- all complete speculation and opinion.

They both have prior addresses and/or family in WA, so it seems reasonable to me.
And I've found reason to believe it's navy, not army. And that also fits with the city I saw listed in Washington.

Except it's nowhere near six hours, unless I-5 traffic is really, really REALLY bad!

Well, depending on how people drive. And if it is that city in WA that i am thinking of, then nearby traffic is one huge bottleneck. But technically, yes, about three hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland
Back