Found Deceased OR - Merrilee Cooley, 68, Clackamas, 27 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Milwaukie police found the car abandoned at Miramonte Lodge Apartments, located 12200 Southeast McLoughlin Boulevard.

A neighbor said the car had been parked at the apartment complex since last week, keys to the car were found inside the vehicle.

C1d8XSQVQAE0Pfp.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/news/clackamas-woman-missing-since-tuesday-family-says/380327112

I am so disgusted with humans. Who would do this to a little old lady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This all seems a bit strange so far. Whoever murdered her knew the body would be found. Yet instead of leaving her body at her house, they move it across town? What is the possible reason to move her body if it is going to be found either way? Leaving a body in a car that police are looking for is not exactly hiding it. The only possible reason I can think of is that the killer wanted there to be a delay in finding her body, but what purpose would that serve?
I'm wondering if she had a health aide who would come to the house and help her bathe or do strengthening exercises. Also, was the walker a permanent thing or something she was going to use only until she got better?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thinking: did the perp(s) have a car? I think she was killed in her home and the perp(s) put her into the trunk of her car, drove it and parked it where it couldn't be found for awhile. I can't help but think whoever this was, was familiar with both locations. Could they do a cell tower dump and compare #s for both locations around the time she went missing?

Any updates on this?

The keys found with the car are a bit troubling to me.

jmo

Thinking...she had mobility issues. Someone had to possibly wheel or carry her out to the car! Whether she was alive or deceased.
Why take her away from her apt?

ETA Did she have a driver that helped her with errands? I'm not sure something happened in the apt. much easier to take her from the backseat to the trunk. Return the walker so the car sitting with a walker in it wouldn't be noticed sooner.
Just mho

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thinking...she had mobility issues. Someone had to possibly wheel or carry her out to the car! Whether she was alive or deceased.
Why take her away from her apt?

ETA Did she have a driver that helped her with errands? I'm not sure something happened in the apt. much easier to take her from the backseat to the trunk. Return the walker so the car sitting with a walker in it wouldn't be noticed sooner.
Just mho

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have some theories but want to wait until they tell COD. Don't want to get carried away accusing anyone, but I think this was done by someone who knew her.

What a sweet lady - in spite of her medical issues she held a Christmas party each year for her neighbors. (From your link Insightful):

"Cooley held a Christmas party every year for her neighbors. One of those neighbors, Andelain Pierce, last saw Cooley on Christmas Day."

“Yeah, I’m trying to keep from crying right now,” she said."

"Neighbor Paul Mitchell said Cooley would go out of her way to help people.
“(I) just cannot imagine why anybody would do this to her,” Mitchell said. “Some people bring it on themselves. She done nothing – nothing – to bring it on.”

If Merrilee was killed at her home, taking her might have been a (rather unsophisticated) attempt to delay a murder investigation, giving the perp enough time to leave the area or take steps to cover himself (false alibi, get rid of blood stained clothes and the murder weapon if there was one, etc). He gained 10 days by making it look like she is just missing.

It seems almost as if it had to be personal. Nothing, besides the car, was stolen. However, she doesn't appear to be the type to have many enemies, no less those who would do something so violent.

Hmmm. Interesting. She also had a truck?! Why did she have two vehicles? I'm curious about the truck. Why would a mobility challenged woman need two vehicles? She really wasn't that old.
I know many 68 year olds who still act and move like they're 30. Again, I wonder what "illness" she suffered that put her into a wheelchair and a walker?

Hmmm. Interesting. She also had a truck?! Why did she have two vehicles? I'm curious about the truck. Why would a mobility challenged woman need two vehicles? She really wasn't that old.
I know many 68 year olds who still act and move like they're 30. Again, I wonder what "illness" she suffered that put her into a wheelchair and a walker?

Perhaps it was a temporary disability. She was able to walk a few steps at a time without her walker. Maybe she was on the mend.

Perhaps she had owned the truck for awhile before her physical issues got the best of her. No, she isn't that old, but there could be many reasons she needs a walker or chair. Heart problems and breathing issues or body mechanics. I know someone about her age with severe lumbar spinal stenosis. She walks with great effort and mostly uses a scooter chair to get around. Some bodies age sooner than others because of osteoarthritis or congenital issues that show up in later years, mine included.

Perhaps she had owned the truck for awhile before her physical issues got the best of her. No, she isn't that old, but there could be many reasons she needs a walker or chair. Heart problems and breathing issues or body mechanics. I know someone about her age with severe lumbar spinal stenosis. She walks with great effort and mostly uses a scooter chair to get around. Some bodies age sooner than others because of osteoarthritis or congenital issues that show up in later years, mine included.
It would really help if the PD gave out more info. [emoji6] Or the son. They must have someone in mind.

So tragic. Why kill her? Why take her from her home?
I do agree that it sounds like someone "familiar" with her.
RIP Merrilee

My guess is that someone wanted money that she did not want to give... OR was caught stealing her meds. An argument gets out of hand, person panics....puts her body in the trunk and parks the car at the complex. This will be a family member, or person she knows, I'm afraid.

Poor woman. How sad.

My guess is that someone wanted money that she did not want to give... OR was caught stealing her meds. An argument gets out of hand, person panics....puts her body in the trunk and parks the car at the complex. This will be a family member, or person she knows, I'm afraid.

Poor woman. How sad.
The reason I brought up a health care worker or someone who came into the house is because about a month ago my stepmother caught her healthcare person (who comes in 2x a week) on her computer. My stepmother was annoyed and had her son come over to view the computer's history.

The computer history revealed the healthcare person had been researching pearls and how much money they would be worth on a trade in. Needless to say, when my stepmother went to look, her pearls were missing.

The reason I brought up a health care worker or someone who came into the house is because about a month ago my stepmother caught her healthcare person (who comes in 2x a week) on her computer. My stepmother was annoyed and had her son come over to view the computer's history.

The computer history revealed the healthcare person had been researching pearls and how much money they would be worth on a trade in. Needless to say, when my stepmother went to look, her pearls were missing.

Sadly, this is all too common, despite the fact that most home care employees are wonderful. I think it certainly could be someone like this or family or "friend."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back