Found Deceased OR - Merrilee Cooley, 68, Clackamas, 27 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe this trailer park catered to retirees. Anything is possible. This could've occurred any time of day.
If she was found wearing a slipper she was awake when she made contact with her abductor. I mean this person left her in the trunk so I doubt they gave her time to put on slippers.
It was the holidays. Many residents were likely visiting family and friends, an ideal time to get her out of there without being noticed.
If they wanted to steal the car ditching or leaving her home would've been easier. Robbery is more likely. Her abductor could've become enraged not to find as much cash as expected. If she put up any kind of a fight, and it sounds like she did, she left her trailer in the trunk.
Maybe someone who attended her Christmas party told the wrong person how nice it was, that she went all out, unaware of planting a seed that'd led to her death.
Another possibility is she woke up to a knock on her door, put on her slippers to see who it was and things went downhill. I want to know where the other slipper is!!

Maybe this trailer park catered to retirees. Anything is possible. This could've occurred any time of day.
If she was found wearing a slipper she was awake when she made contact with her abductor. I mean this person left her in the trunk so I doubt they gave her time to put on slippers.
It was the holidays. Many residents were likely visiting family and friends, an ideal time to get her out of there without being noticed.
If they wanted to steal the car ditching or leaving her home would've been easier. Robbery is more likely. Her abductor could've become enraged not to find as much cash as expected. If she put up any kind of a fight, and it sounds like she did, she left her trailer in the trunk.
Maybe someone who attended her Christmas party told the wrong person how nice it was, that she went all out, unaware of planting a seed that'd led to her death.
Another possibility is she woke up to a knock on her door, put on her slippers to see who it was and things went downhill. I want to know where the other slipper is!!

When she left home, it is possible she was sitting in the car. Perhaps she was put into the trunk at a different location. Jmo

Well..........at the beginning of this video, they say that she lived at "The Johnson Mobile Estates",.................. sounds like a trailer park to me. In the video they show police cars parked in front of a mobile home that I assume belongs to her. They also interview one of her close neighbors.

Also in this video.........and pretty disturbing.............over this last weekend the police said they didn't receive one single tip in regards to this case......not one.......nada.

Video here, watch it and listen if you can : http://www.kgw.com/news/clackamas-woman-missing-since-tuesday-family-says/380327112
It appears to be a nice neighborhood where the "trailers" are actually double wides built onto a foundation. She also had a nice wooden handicapped railing and ramp.

In the above televised report, the reporter also said that back in the fall of 2015, there had been a double homicide nearby. Even though it has gone unsolved, they do not think it's related.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is there anyway you could show an arial from her home to the apartment complex where her car was left? Please? I recall them saying it was approx. 4 miles. If not, I will try.

For whatever reason, Google Maps is beyond my abilities.

Starting at The Johnson Mobile Estates, Clackamas, Oregon

To: Miramonte Lodge Apartments
12200 blk of McLouglin Blvd
Milwaukie, Oregon

It appears the most direct route would be N. on 208 and the W. 224.

Reading the reviews about the Miramonte Lodge Apts, are not favorable. Clientele described as meth heads etc.

For whatever reason, Google Maps is beyond my abilities.

Starting at The Johnson Mobile Estates, Clackamas, Oregon

To: Miramonte Lodge Apartments
12200 blk of McLouglin Blvd
Milwaukie, Oregon

It appears the most direct route would be N. on 208 and the W. 224.

Reading the reviews about the Miramonte Lodge Apts, are not favorable. Clientele described as meth heads etc.

I just checked google maps and my mother lives within 3 miles of this mobile community in another mobile community right down highway 212, only about five mins away. She lives alone and is too trustworthy of a person, this is really alarming to me. I hope this isnt a case of some horrible people praying on older ladies in these types of communities, I pray we don't have some sort of serial thing on our hands. This shouldn't have happened to Merrilee either way :(

I just checked google maps and my mother lives within 3 miles of this mobile community in another mobile community right down highway 212, only about five mins away. She lives alone and is too trustworthy of a person, this is really alarming to me. I hope this isnt a case of some horrible people praying on older ladies in these types of communities, I pray we don't have some sort of serial thing on our hands. This shouldn't have happened to Merrilee either way :(
It shouldn't have.

Merrilee's door was unlocked when her friend went by to check on her.
Either Merrilee let them in voluntarily, she opened the door and they forced their way in, she left her door unlocked, or whoever it was had a key.

Her walker was found in the hallway, tipped over. Since she couldn't get around without it, did she come from the bedroom when she heard a noise, and the perp got her there?

Did she let someone in and was walking down the hall to get something? It looked like she had two entrances into the home. I wonder if she kept them both locked.

When she left home, it is possible she was sitting in the car. Perhaps she was put into the trunk at a different location. Jmo
That was my thinking. Until the slipper was mentioned earlier today?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It shouldn't have.

Either Merrilee let them in voluntarily, she opened the door and they forced their way in, she left her door unlocked, or whoever it was had a key.

Her walker was found in the hallway, tipped over. Since she couldn't get around without it, did she come from the bedroom when she heard a noise, and the perp got her there?

Did she let someone in and was walking down the hall to get something? It looked like she had two entrances into the home. I wonder if she kept them both locked.

Or was her walker thrown back into the home later? As it was not needed since she was sadly deceased? Maybe, the perp didn't want to draw attention to the car too soon as it may have with the walker noticeable in the car and parked?

It shouldn't have.

It's strange to me after hearing news stories with a lot of her neighbors talking about how they knew her very well and she would throw a Christmas party for them, that nobody heard or saw anything?? I guess it could have been late enough in the night that people would be in bed, but its still strange nobody noticed anything off. Which does lend strength to the point that this may have been a personal thing with someone she already knew, and would have let them in because she trusted them. Then again if it was a home invasion type thing she could have opened her door and then everything happened from there. Her slipper being outside tells that she was dragged against her will to the car. I am so angry about this happening to a sweet lady like this in our community. I want to know more about the COD but I don't think LE will release any more information beyond it being a homicide because they don't want to give too much info on the investigation. I just want the piece of crap who did this caught and WHY.

I just texted my mom and told her to please be aware of her surroundings, keep her doors locked and not open the door for anyone she doesn't know. She said she is very disturbed because her and Merrilee are about the same age and are disabled and she's afraid. I am hoping that justice will come sooner than later for Merrilee, my heart is sick over this happening, it's not fair, it's not right, I am so sad that such a loving woman had to go through this, it isn't fair. :(

Here's a zoomable map showing the location where she lived, and where she and the car were found. I'm not going to try and map driving routes because there are too many of them, and the map would end up looking like a huge spider web.

New map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13UT_WKQBgQZ3vnxRNqS86ji7Nnc&usp=sharing
Possibly the perp lives in that apartment complex where the car was left. If an area of many apartments such as sometimes is then...one of them. Hopefully it will be known soon.

I think what bothers me the most about this case is that the cops actually came forward and complained to the media that they weren't receiving any tips.

What does that mean..........no forensics, no fingerprints, no eye witnesses, no video surveillance, no DNA samples, no trace evidence in the car, no electronic breadcrumbs ???

I don't see how that could possibly be an encouraging sign.

I think what bothers me the most about this case is that the cops actually came forward and complained to the media that they weren't receiving any tips.

What does that mean..........no forensics, no fingerprints, no eye witnesses, no video surveillance, no DNA samples, no trace evidence in the car, no electronic breadcrumbs ???

It doesn't seem like a good sign to me either :( Like they weren't able to obtain enough evidence from the crime scenes. Someone had to have seen or heard something, and people need to not be afraid to come forward with what they know.

Yes, that caught my attention also to read Investigators did NOT receive 1 tip on this homicide. Merrilee Cooley was found dead in the trunk of her missing car a week after she was reported missing from her home. I found myself comparing this crime tho some others we've heard about over time. My view is that there wasn't a lot of effective publicity, a combination of a lack of informational flyers posted around the Community, very scant tv media coverage or serious and constant plea from law enforcement for public help to locate the vehicle, there was no candlelight vigil, it was during Christmas break. Media has in the past been very active in raising fast awareness for missing endangered persons when abduction is pretty obvious - I hope we will see a better balance between tv media storm coverage and urgent need to inform public to possibly save a life. Currently a killer has not been identified or placed in custody- yet "authorities" say the public is in no more or less danger than before the murder- even though they say they are desperately seeking the public help and haven't received one tip. Sorry that doesn't seem to make sense to me nor is it much comfort- a killer or killers are walking free to kill again- and seems like they most likely may be more desperate as now they try to avoid capture. In the video KGW added to their post , the having received NOT one tip all weekend of very odd. Wow. I hope the home was thoroughly processed for fingerprints and other evidence. Has Law Enforcement contacted local business or residence in the area of the crime scenes to ask to check their security cams. I hope they don't discard their security videos. Justice is done for Merrilee Cooley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The friend that went to check on her said the house was in disarray and the furniture was upside down.

The family members said pretty much the exact same thing.

The cops said (Jensen) that it wasn't. This isn't just the media saying it, they are getting their info. from insiders, namely family and friends .

You decide............................................

Who's Jensen?

Possibly the perp lives in that apartment complex where the car was left. If an area of many apartments such as sometimes is then...one of them. Hopefully it will be known soon.

Responding to my tired night post that makes little sense.
I did read the apts location and it seems location may have more to do to where the car was left vs the person living in the apts. or could be both.
Hoping for security footage somewhere and guessing the mobile home park where Merrilee lived had none?

Who's Jensen?

Good question.
I assumed it was poorly written like my tired posts and Jensen was the cop? Now thinking neighbor or ? even after rereading the article.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr