Found Deceased OR - Milana Li, 13, gone from apartment, speaks Russian, struggles w/English, Beaverton, 8 May 2022 *16 yo Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a local and live nearby. I used to live in an apartment complex in the very same vicinity Milana lived in, but not sure if it was the same one or not as there are quite a few in the area. Just giving everyone a glimpse of the area. I would say even though there are a number of apartment complexes, there are a lot of upper middle class homes in the area. Her apartment complex would be considered Murrayhill area, which has a very nice suburban feel to the area. Her body was found adjacent to Murrayhill, which we call Progress Ridge. Each of these areas has a very nice retail area, each with a pond and trails nearby, with beautiful, well maintained homes and apartments. IMO, I think she might have been murdered Sunday night at the park, but nobody found her until Tuesday because the weather was quite rainy on Sunday/Monday. The park is just basically a lot of walking paths with some tall grass, creeks, etc. throughout the area. Lots and lots of walkers, dog walking, joggers on a good day. It is nice to see a lot of local media coverage for this; unfortunately, I think it is because it is on the "nice" side of the Portland metro area.

“Currently, investigators do not believe there is a continued threat to our community.”

Those are usually code words for they have an idea of who the suspect is and it’s someone who knows the victim.
I agree with you. LE is immediately clear that this was homicide, too, and we have all seen them refuse to say anything whenever there is some doubt like vs suicide or OD or something. Someone hurt this girl - I am suspicious of the person who reported her as a runaway.

MAY 13

Milana Li left on one of her usual walks Sunday in the Southwest Beaverton neighborhood where she lived, but her family started worrying when the 13-year-old didn’t make it back to the apartment by her 8 p.m. curfew.

The Conestoga Middle School student loved going with friends to Starbucks or Jamba Juice at the Progress Ridge TownSquare shopping center nearby.

It was normal for her to walk for 30 minutes to an hour along the Westside Regional Trail to Barrows Park. She left about 4 p.m.

More at ‘She was just a kid’: Family, friends mourn Milana Li, missing 13-year-old Beaverton girl found dead

MAY 13

Milana Li left on one of her usual walks Sunday in the Southwest Beaverton neighborhood where she lived, but her family started worrying when the 13-year-old didn’t make it back to the apartment by her 8 p.m. curfew.

The Conestoga Middle School student loved going with friends to Starbucks or Jamba Juice at the Progress Ridge TownSquare shopping center nearby.

It was normal for her to walk for 30 minutes to an hour along the Westside Regional Trail to Barrows Park. She left about 4 p.m.

More at ‘She was just a kid’: Family, friends mourn Milana Li, missing 13-year-old Beaverton girl found dead
Snipped from the above article & BBM:

The family moved to Beaverton three years ago from Pavlodar, a city in the northeast of Kazakhstan, near the Russia border.

Milana Li’s grandmother settled in the Portland area 20 years ago, and her father, AL, travels back and forth between the U.S. and Kazakhstan, where he runs a business. He flew home to Beaverton this week after news of his daughter’s death. The couple have two other children, 18-year-old N and 5 year-old A.

This is upsetting. If she regularly walked alone someone could have become familiar with her and she could've become familiar with them. It doesn't take long for a creep to pick up on vulnerability and recognize a pattern in her movements. A familiar face wouldn't have alerted her of any danger. RIP baby girl.

Moo

A 16-year-old boy, DRG, has been charged with first degree murder. He has criminal history going back to 2020, and was charged with second degree arson when he and another juvenile tried to set a movie theater on fire.

A 16-year-old boy, DRG, has been charged with first degree murder. He has criminal history going back to 2020, and was charged with second degree arson when he and another juvenile tried to set a movie theater on fire.

"The Washington County District Attorney’s office recommended that month that G be held in a detention center, saying he had twice run away from Harkins House, a temporary shelter in Hillsboro for minors with pending criminal cases.

The Washington County Juvenile Department recommended G be released to his family instead. Washington County Circuit Judge Michele Rini agreed, and G was sent to stay with his father and stepmother in Salem, according to Staten.

He ran away two weeks later, Staten said.

G's father emailed a Juvenile Department counselor April 4 that his son was likely staying in the Progress Ridge area of Beaverton, Staten said. Neither Beaverton police nor the Washington County District Attorney’s Office were notified by the Juvenile Department, he said."
This death could easily have been prevented if the Juvenile Department were doing its job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda
Back