OR - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the wild houses on public land today are the result of the Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971.

Actually, the wild horses on public land that I cited were from before then.

My hubby says that it would take a few minutes to install a breaker to cut off electricity.

He thinks maybe that they are being allowed to ridicule themselves to death? ( the mm) I use the m part in men with quotes. "Men"

There are militia snipers in a tower overlooking that area. Plus, they can't cut off electricity to the refuge without cutting off electricity to farms down-line. Electricity is needed to run farms.....

Malheur is so yesterday. There are tons of other parks that famlies can occupy for their vacation

Yes, Malheur is very yesterday or very tomorrow. Definitely not very now.

I've been watching twitter for news of the demonstration and found this. I don't remember seeing it here yet.

New Militants, Supplies Arrive With Ease At Malheur Refuge

From Tennessee, Arkansas, Ohio. Probably more.

Welcome to the 1950s:

They're clearly gonna need reinforcement jockey shorts, aprans ('cos,hell, no real man is gonna do housework or fix dinner:this is no time for gals in cowboy boots), ice crappers, Marlboros, 'n hot dog buns.

I'm thinking someone could supply reinforcements for the "Bag o Dicks" they tossed?

Note the guy keeping guard in that article! Where's he been? The Bahamas? Completely inappropriately dressed! Cotton sweatshirt in the snow? Bwahaha! Cotton jeans? Bwahaha! They'll freeze right on him. Wind will go right through. Cotton BVDs? Bwahaha! Ice cubes....No gloves, no winter hat? No raingear? (It's Oregon, twits! It rains, duh!) Foggy and damp and frigid? These guys are gonna get hypothermic in no time, fire or no fire. Green wood (see how it won't burn?) The logs in the fire have snow on them? :floorlaugh: Guess they didn't think to cover the woodpile.

It's Oregon, twits! It rains, duh! And high desert means high as in altitude, not as in "smokin' somethin"? That means cold, ya think, as in "not Bermuda"?

And "junior ice cube" on guard? They probably told him to "chill for a while". How in heck are Junior Ice Cubes gonna "guard" anything? They aren't even gonna wanna get their hands out of their pockets!

These sure are clueless son of a guns.

Temperature tonight 19 degrees and flurries. Tomorrow snow and breezy. Gotta love it!

And then there's the supplies? Beer maybe? 'Cos those 30 Campbell's soup cans are not gonna fill up 30 guys. That's, like, a quarter of a lunch per person. Bwahaha! There'll be no supplies left in a day or two....

I am a bit embarrassed to be checking in to a website where it would appear that one or more regular posters are defending the terrorists occupying this government property. But perhaps my hopes about human nature in general, and this space in particular, are just too high.

Have you ever heard of the 80–20 rule? I find it applies to many things, not just business and property.

Militant Says Foster Children Were Pulled From His Home

Jeanette Finicum cared for the four children while her husband traveled between the refuge in southeastern Oregon and Utah, as part of a press tour in support of the militants’ occupation.

[Robert “LaVoy”] Finicum (aka blue tarp guy) said a social worker removed the last of his foster children from the ranch beginning Jan. 4, with the last child transferred out of his home on Jan. 9.

That represents an enormous loss of income for the Finicums. According to a 2010 tax filing, Catholic Charities paid the family $115,343 to foster children in 2009. That year, foster parents were compensated between $22.31 and $37.49 per child, per day, meaning if the Finicums were paid at the maximum rate, they cared for, on average, eight children per day in 2009.

“That was my main source of income,” Finicum said. “My ranch, well, the cows just cover the costs of the ranch. If this means rice and beans for the next few years, so be it. We’re going to stay the course.”

So he thinks he'd rightfully be entitled to his income from the foster children even though he's not, you know, actually there to take care of them, and instead preferred to camp out in Oregon and potentially get killed by a rabid gov agent?

I wonder what he taught the boys about obeying the laws of the country and so on.

Another militant at the refuge, Blaine Cooper, said in a video that Child Protective Services took his children out of his home, but that claim could not be independently verified.

It’s unclear who was caring for Cooper’s children.

“I hope people are seeing the sacrifices we’re making here,” Finicum said. “I want to show what my government is doing. You need to understand the cost being paid by many people.”

You know, that's not on the government, it's on YOU guys. Your kids are paying the cost of what YOU did.

So he thinks he'd rightfully be entitled to his income from the foster children even though he's not, you know, actually there to take care of them, and instead preferred to camp out in Oregon and potentially get killed by a rabid gov agent?

I wonder what he taught the boys about obeying the laws of the country and so on.

You know, that's not on the government, it's on YOU guys. Your kids are paying the cost of what YOU did.

He gets money for the kids (either from Catholic Charities or the gov't), undoubtedly gets tax breaks for having them, and lets his cows graze on federally owned land that he thinks the government should just outright hand over to him. Do the children have medicaid? Is he getting SNAP too? Could he be more of a looter?

edit confusion

Tsk, tsk. I had found something early on when researching Tarpman that led me to believe he had something to do with Catholic Charities and foster kids but I wasn't able to find enough info to paint a full picture or to make it meaningful. This article helps.

His main source of income. That's why it was so easy to leave them behind when he went to Constitution Camp.

It has now been two weeks since a group of armed men calling themselves a militia occupied federal land in Oregon, vowing not to leave. And as the days tick by, the group of lawbreakers are getting increasingly brazen about how far they’re willing to push their takeover of federal land as authorities stand by. In recent days, the occupiers have been increasingly bold about their destruction of federal property, paving new roads on federal land and taking down security cameras. They also tore down fences and have been looking through federal records, raising concerns about the potential that they’ve accessed sensitive data. One of them even stole a government vehicle, but was arrested when he drove it into town on Friday.
Local leaders are increasingly worried “there could be major damage at the refuge and elevated safety risks for employees and local residents if the militia continues to stand its ground, seemingly emboldened by the continuing lack of consequences,” notes the Guardian.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...roy_federal_property_on_malheur_national.html

So I happened upon this article from November of last year which sort of explains LaVoy Finicum's "radicalization".

Arizona rancher follows in Bundy’s footsteps
St George News
Written by Mori Kessler
November 1, 2015

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/11/01/mgk-finicum-blm-dispute-bundy/#.VpvqA6876rU

“ST. GEORGE – Inspired by the actions of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his stance against federal control of public lands, a rancher on the Arizona Strip has also declared the Bureau of Land Management to be an illegitimate agency and said he will no longer comply with or recognize it.

“I hereby cancel all my contracts with the BLM,” LaVoy Finicum, of Cane Beds, Arizona, wrote in a letter he sent to the U.S. Solicitor General following his decision to no longer acknowledge BLM or its policies. Thus far, he has chosen to discontinue paying grazing permit fees and to ignore when the BLM allows certain allotments – or pasture areas – to be used for grazing.”

“Unlike Bundy, who has had a strained relationship with the BLM and similar federal agencies for over 20 years now, Finicum’s relationship with the local BLM has been largely positive and civil.

“Some people think I’ve been oppressed by the BLM and hassled by the BLM and things have not been going well,” Finicum said, “but the history between me and the BLM has been very good.”

So what happened to change Finicum’s mind concerning the BLM and it’s oversight of public lands?

It was his time with the Bundys during last year’s standoff, Finicum said, adding he was one of the cowboys who rode with the Bundy family and their supporters down into the wash under Interstate 15 where federal agents had taken many the Nevada rancher’s cattle.”​

Much more ...

So I happened upon this article from November of last year which sort of explains LaVoy Finicum's "radicalization".

Arizona rancher follows in Bundy’s footsteps
St George News
Written by Mori Kessler
November 1, 2015

snipped for space

They're nothing but vandals, lawbreakers, and government moochers.

In 2002, Tarpman and his wife filed for bankruptcy and then 4 or 5 months later the case was closed. I have no idea what any of it means.
At the time, they had a business called Southwest Horse & Trails.

It just seems to me that for someone who is now so anti-government, he has certainly made use of government services, over and over and over again.

In 2002, Tarpman and his wife filed for bankruptcy and then 4 or 5 months later the case was closed. I have no idea what any of it means.
At the time, they had a business called Southwest Horse & Trails.

It just seems to me that for someone who is now so anti-government, he has certainly made use of government services, over and over and over again.

I forgot to add in my post above, they're also hypocrites.
They disgust me.

There are militia snipers in a tower overlooking that area. Plus, they can't cut off electricity to the refuge without cutting off electricity to farms down-line. Electricity is needed to run farms.....

My hubby said that a breaker can be installed that stops elec to them only. It would be a newly installed breaker down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member