OR - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't sleep, so I am looking at some of the articles. I see that Cliven has been arrested, that's good!

And, look at this regarding the final four happy campers:

“But, Bretzing said, "we reached a point where it became necessary to take action in a way that best ensured the safety of those on the refuge, the law enforcement officers who are on scene, and the people of Harney County who live and work in this area."

FBI tactical teams had quietly moved into the refuge compound Tuesday night, entering the buildings undetected by the occupiers. They apparently were in the buildings through the day Wednesday before agents moved against the encampment.

The occupiers talked over each other as the call moderator, identified on the Youtube feed as Gavin Seim, tried to sort out the identities and relayed calls for help to outside parties.”​

From: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...standoff_fbi_moves_in_o.html#incart_big-photo

I couldn't sleep, so I am looking at some of the articles. I see that Cliven has been arrested, that's good!

And, look at this regarding the final four happy campers:
“But, Bretzing said, "we reached a point where it became necessary to take action in a way that best ensured the safety of those on the refuge, the law enforcement officers who are on scene, and the people of Harney County who live and work in this area."

FBI tactical teams had quietly moved into the refuge compound Tuesday night, entering the buildings undetected by the occupiers. They apparently were in the buildings through the day Wednesday before agents moved against the encampment.

The occupiers talked over each other as the call moderator, identified on the Youtube feed as Gavin Seim, tried to sort out the identities and relayed calls for help to outside parties.”​

From: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...standoff_fbi_moves_in_o.html#incart_big-photo

This is a good article that explains things well. Well, Fiore should be arriving withing the hour. Wonder where she's going to stay until 7-8a.m.? I'll be sleeping then.

I assume that's NOT Eastern time....so three or four hours away?

I assume that's NOT Eastern time....so three or four hours away?

It should happen between 10AM and 11AM EST.

8:00 AM PST
9:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST
11:00 AM EST
16:00 GMT

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/who-are-four-holdouts-oregon-refuge-n516386

Jeffrey Banta

The 47-year-old has lived in Elko, Nevada, the last several years and worked in construction most of his life, his ex-wife said.

Banta graduated from Yerington High School in the rural town of Yerington, about 70 miles southeast of Reno, said Angela Ellington Banta, who still lives there.

His father, Willard Banta, 73, said all of his children grew up hunting and fishing at an early age.
Jeffrey Banta and his ex-wife have two children, the eldest a 23-year-old woman who is married and has a child living in the Reno area.

Ellington Banta said she doesn't really know what her ex-husband has been doing in recent years and doesn't want to discuss the standoff because she has "two kids who have been really affected by all this."

the Andersons:
A friend of the couple, Lindsey Dipo, told the Lewiston Tribune newspaper that the couple recorded their will on Dipo's cellphone before departing for Oregon.

Slate has tweets of the live stream:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...e_final_stand_as_fbi_prepares_final_push.html

@Jacob_Brogan "Remember Braveheart?" asks one "Braveheart took it to the end even when they tortured him because he believed so strongly..."

Believe in what, though.

Listened to about 10 minutes of last night's farce until all that paranoid screaming gave me a headache and turned it off.

Clearly things have escalated from just pathetic and ridiculous to the sublimely absurd. A chorus of off-key singers screeching about Jesus to 4 folks seriously in need of intensive therapy and meds , as they huddle outside in the freezing cold of land they claim as their own, after putting their grubby hands all over the sacred artifacts of the people who lived there in peace for over 6000 years before that land was taken away from them, forever, and the 4 freaks scream in outrage in the middle of one more night spent where they don't belong and are not welcome that they are being oppressed, actually chanting at one point "the whole world is watching," which no doubt made actual civil rights protestors chortle in disbelief, those who were awake, which is to say, not many, as this comedy show lost whatever entertainment value it had a long time ago, especially for the folks who actually live in the area and who have had their lives disrupted for weeks upon weeks for no larger reason than a few fools held to the cracked idea which no doubt sounded better in the beginning when their "chiefs" were still there than it does now in the dark, that revolution is at hand, and that all was necessary to wake the masses was to make an announcement on YouTube, and then...and then the tens of thousands would march out ride out on their horses and in their cars, hell, maybe they would even take back the feds' helicopters and fly right on in to join the cause, but no, it has not come to that, rather, as a song of Jesus screeches over the line silencing the coyotes but not much else, a lone duly elected representative from another state races in a car towards her 5 minutes of fame, or infamy, take your pick, as that rep swore on a Bible to uphold a Constitution she believes inferior, and the only adults in this farce, the FBI, don't seem to be convinced that her offer of McDonalds for all will help resolve the situation.

But. No worries, Billy Graham's son is winging his way there too, and who knows, maybe? Maybe with Graham prayers said over bacon egg and cheese biscuits for all, with little souvenir American flags stuck in the biscuits and WTH, let the little Sharpies have at one last chorus before the end, and if they're taking requests, my vote is for- We Shall Overcome.

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy arrested by FBI in Portland

Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher who touched off one armed showdown with federal authorities and applauded another started in Oregon by his sons, was arrested late Wednesday at Portland International Airport and faces federal charges related to the 2014 standoff at his ranch.

Bundy, 74, was booked into the downtown Multnomah County jail at 10:54 p.m.

more

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...ancher_cliven_bundy_de.html#incart_river_home

Persecution! Government overreach! Injustice! Tyranny! Nazi Germany! Hillary!

"It's terribly unfortunate the timing of his arrest, given all the progress Assemblywoman Fiore made this evening,'' Arnold said, referring to Fiore's intervention on behalf of the holdhouts.

Arnold urged the four remaining occupiers to find some good in it. "He was arrested without incident and without violence," the lawyer said. "That should give them comfort in their decision tomorrow.''

Few people board a plane with the full arsenal that they take to an armed standoff I suppose. So I think the timing of the arrest was probably just great.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 1h1 hour ago
The team from @Oregonian will be all over developments today: possible surrender at the refuge, the negotiators, Cliven Bundy's arraignment.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 1h1 hour ago
Franklin Graham says in post that he talked to occupiers for hours and is on his way to Oregon, hoping to be at refuge by 7 a.m.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 51m51 minutes ago
Franklin Graham on FB: He talked to occupiers "every day by phone for the last week at their request and at the request of the FBI."

https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/with_replies

Persecution! Government overreach! Injustice! Tyranny! Nazi Germany! Hillary!

Few people board a plane with the full arsenal that they take to an armed standoff I suppose. So I think the timing of the arrest was probably just great.

Fiore and "progress"don't belong in the same sentence. As a side note, it was interesting just how Pavlovian the response was by the flighty feckless frightened four when she said "pray."

John Sepulvado ‏@JohnLGC 56m56 minutes ago
just to be clear -- Cliven Bundy didn't want to go to PDX airport, or fly, but was convinced by @VoteFiore - according to carol bundy

Amelia Templeton ‏@ameliaOPB 5m5 minutes ago
Cliven Bundy will appear in court in #PDX at 1:30 & charges will be unsealed today, according to the US Attorney for Nevada.

John Sepulvado ‏@JohnLGC 1h1 hour ago
John Sepulvado Retweeted JJ MacNab
we've confirmed one arrest of Bundy's bodyguard -- he's being held in Henderson.

Duly elected representive Fiore's interesting beliefs: (not snark)

#1. Cancer is a fungus...that can be cured with baking soda.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 15m15 minutes ago
Occupiers have a growing press corps awaiting their surrender southeast of Burns.

Ca8U9QcUAAANMiS.jpg

While we wait...

Fiore trivia .

#2. Said this past summer she would put a Dukes of Hazard horn in her car in support of the confederate flag....

Fiore trivia.

#3.

Says her 5 year old grandson mastered trigger control of his gun by watching NRA cartoons.

#4. Says "hot little girls" on college campus can prevent being raped by arming themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222