OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Student said it was announced over student radio that shooter was killed.

KGW now moving to Governor Brown's press conference.

"he is a 20 year old male" [re: shooter]

Governor is speaking now

I have been to Roseburg many years ago (late 8o's early 9o's) and I remember it as a very nice place.
But the best memory I have of Roseburg is that it was the last place I ever bought Pepsi in bottles. I'll always love the town for that.

20 yr old male shooter

Governor Brown leaving for Roseburg. State Superintendent now briefing the press.

no more questions [from Governor's briefing]

I hesitate to put this out there and get too personal, but I was a sophomore at Columbine in 1999. Physically I was not injured, and over time, my psychological wounds have healed. Days like today though bring those old, unwanted feelings back to the surface and shake my faith. My heart hurts, and I feel a bit inadequate as all I can offer are thoughts and prayers.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish that I could just scoop you up in a big hug right now <3

I was home for lunch and tuned to KGW live (I live in the Portland metro area). Gotta go back to work now.

All take care!

http://www.nytimes.com/live/shooting-at-umpqua-community-college/

A student, 18, from Rogue River, Ore., was in her Writing 115 class at Snyder Hall when she heard a shot come through a window.

She said she watched as her teacher was shot in the head. The gunman was inside the building at that point, she said, and was ordering people to get on the ground.

Ms. Moore said the the man asked people to stand up and state their religion, and then he began firing.

Ms. Moore said she was on the floor with people who had been shot.

There is another witness account a lil further down on the site. Also I edited out the witness name as I don't know if its ok to post here.

So horribly sad.

From what I have gathered on 4chan, and I hope this okay to discuss, he had been planning this. The responses from other posters there are absolutely disgusting. I wish someone would hack that site and expose all those people behind the comments.

One person was giving advice on how to do this: discussing how to get people in corner, what type of guns to use...surely we live in a society where there should be some sort of repercussions for that. It's sick.

So horribly sad.

From what I have gathered on 4chan, and I hope this okay to discuss, he had been planning this. The responses from other posters there are absolutely disgusting. I wish someone would hack that site and expose all those people behind the comments.

One person was giving advice on how to do this: discussing how to get people in corner, what type of guns to use...surely we live in a society where there should be some sort of repercussions for that. It's sick.

Are you taking screenshots before it all disappears?

CNN: Discussing warning on social media posted by shooter and questioning who might have seen it. LE? Others?

:waitasec: How can LE (anywhere/everywhere) monitor every single social media site that might be used by perpetrators to post warnings of planned attacks like this?

4 guns recovered!!!!!!!!!!!!

CNN: Discussing warning on social media posted by shooter and questioning who might have seen it. LE? Others?

:waitasec: How can LE (anywhere/everywhere) monitor every single social media site that might be used by perpetrators to post warnings of planned attacks like this?

Exactly

I'm baffled. Sad. Disgusted. Angry.
I don't understand what possess anyone to do something like this.
I used to lived in the USA in the late 80s before my parents decided to come to Canada. I loved the USA. We as a society need to find out why it's citizens are OK with destroying each other. Is it just going to be a tragedy to talk about until the next one happens? It's beyond devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member