OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shooter asked people to stand up and state their religion

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/10/oregon_shooting_shooter_ask_vi.html

Some kind of religious nut?
If true this clearly refers to a hate crime.

Sent via Tapatalk

It sure sounds like a hate crime to me.

I find it very odd that hours have passed and LE isn't releasing the name of the shooter. Usually by now we know the name. I keep wondering why they are guarding the name of the murderer?

If he is from that area they have had long enough to notify his family so that cant be it.

It makes me wonder what religion the shooter believed in. I would just guess and its speculation and nothing more but if the victims answered him I think most of them would probably say they were Christians if they had religious beliefs.

IMO

Once the screen grabs are in MSM they can be posted right?

Once the screen grabs are in MSM they can be posted right?
Absolutely.

ETA: Emphasis on "MSM". If there were more posts by the shooter, we might make an exception. But to read the replies, nah. Those people don't need any more attention.

I find it very odd that hours have passed and LE isn't releasing the name of the shooter. Usually by now we know the name. I keep wondering why they are guarding the name of the murderer?

If he is from that area they have had long enough to notify his family so that cant be it.

It makes me wonder what religion the shooter believed in. I would just guess and its speculation and nothing more but if the victims answered him I think most of them would probably say they were Christians if they had religious beliefs.

IMO
It is possible the shooter himself had no religion.

Obama press conference .. he's nailing this speech, pity nobody will listen to his common sense arguments.

the modsnip in my above post was my personal opine and always has been. However I was quoting Obama.

Dear media: Can you NOT publish this shooters name or photograph, it is irrelevant who did this to everyone and only encourages the next shooter .. so please, for gods sake, knock it off.

^ That makes sense. 9:00PM for me (EDT).

Taking a break for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Be back later.

Dear media: Can you NOT publish this shooters name or photograph, it is irrelevant who did this to everyone and only encourages the next shooter .. so please, for gods sake, knock it off.

I agree with the whole no notoriety thing, but seeing in twitter land people saying his picture isn't out because he is "likely a white male"...it's sad that so many political divisions are made in times of great loss, and there is just constant spinning of wheels on forward movement, and that goes both ways, not saying one side is more wrong or right than the other just saying how we proceed after these things doesn't seem to be making a difference. But I would also be lying if I said I didn't want to know who did this, so I'm a big hypocrite myself.

IMO

I'm going to guess that LE is waiting until families of all the victims have been notified.

IMO
<rsbm>

It was many hours before the Lafayette, LA movie theatre shooter's name was officially released. Not only was LE waiting to notify family of his death, but LE officers paid visits to some of his relatives and acquaintances for the purpose of questioning them. Obviously, they didn't want to risk walking into a booby trap, or causing those individuals to book, should anyone else have been involved.

A fitting epitaph. Pathetic.

"This is the only time I'll ever be in the news. I'm so insignificant," reads an apparent post by the would-be Oregon gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/

Yes, pathetic. Completely pathetic. It seems a lot of these people on that board identify with being insignificant. They are filled with resentment at people who are doing things with their lives. Would rather hide behind keyboards and proxies than even TRY to be great. Simply pathetic.

Parents: if your kid is on 4chan, take their computer! Cancel your internet! No child/teen should ever see the cancerous stuff posted there.

Yes, pathetic. Completely pathetic. It seems a lot of these people on that board identify with being insignificant. They are filled with resentment at people who are doing things with their lives. Would rather hide behind keyboards and proxies than even TRY to be great. Simply pathetic.

Parents: if your kid is on 4chan, take their computer! Cancel your internet! No child/teen should ever see the cancerous stuff posted there.

Agree. If these folks want to be relevant do something!!!!!!!!!! Take up hunger, homeless, feed somebody in a Nursing home. Good grief!!!!! Just bouncing off your post. I am so angry right now. Gonna watch "Spy" shortly with Melissa McCarthy. Need me some happy!

A fitting epitaph. Pathetic.

"This is the only time I'll ever be in the news. I'm so insignificant," reads an apparent post by the would-be Oregon gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/oregon-college-shooting/

Right there, part of the motivation for these killers in becoming infamous. I wish media would refuse to play their part and not mention his name, print his photo, etc .. but we know they will.

Wouldn't Medford be closer to send the patients???

Roseburg is 70 miles south of Eugene. 100 miles north of Medford. Medford is closer then Portland, but Medford is kind of small. I believe Medford only has two hospitals. Even if this incident had happened in Medford, they would still have probably had to take most of the victims to Eugene and Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member