OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per CNN prolific online presence. Angry with women and rejection.

I agree with the whole no notoriety thing, but seeing in twitter land people saying his picture isn't out because he is "likely a white male"...it's sad that so many political divisions are made in times of great loss, and there is just constant spinning of wheels on forward movement, and that goes both ways, not saying one side is more wrong or right than the other just saying how we proceed after these things doesn't seem to be making a difference. But I would also be lying if I said I didn't want to know who did this, so I'm a big hypocrite myself.

I take the point of view that the perp should be named and discussed. How can we fix problems if we don't know the people who have them and to figure out what makes them tick? (I know, I know, the problems aren't being fixed, but facing them head-on, with all info available, is what is needed to fix them.)

I don't agree, however, with any kind of glorification of the perp.

Haven't read the article, but ever since reading the thread at 4chan, I was wondering if any of those commenters bothered to alert law enforcement.

I'm thinking not. Off to read.

Im reading 4chan now, I wonder why its still online.

Seems like no one notified ANYONE.

Did I just hear right on CNN shooter guy was from Seattle?? Made his way to the school???

CNN reporting the shooter is from Seattle, WA. Questioning what connection to the college he may have.

Many people are naming him on SM. Just waiting for MSM to confirm or pick up on it. (IF it's the right guy)

I believe it's been reported on CNN that the shooter made his was down from Seattle but is originally from the midwest.

I can't even imagine what was going through the minds of the people who were asked their religion and then shot and/or killed.

On one hand, I would want to state my religious beliefs but on the other hand, I would not want to get killed for answering and not giving the answer he was looking for.

know what I mean.

jmo

I take the point of view that the perp should be named and discussed. How can we fix problems if we don't know the people who have them and to figure out what makes them tick? (I know, I know, the problems aren't being fixed, but facing them head-on, with all info available, is what is needed to fix them.)

I don't agree, however, with any kind of glorification of the perp.

Profilers have spent decades trying to find out the answer on who will murder and who will not. Still to this day no one is close to doing that nor can they predict who will become a mass murderer and who wont.

Sadly, it is not something that can be fixed. Each of these murderers are individuals with opposite background histories. There is no way LE can lock up these people before they act out. That is the sad reality of it. A lot of them don't even have a criminal history.

I wish there was a way to predict something like this before it happens but there isn't.

I do think the name of the shooter should be released but the media needs to dwell more on the victims who have lost their lives instead of the murderer. They do concentrate way too much on discussing him/her and most of the time once their name is out the victims get lost.

IMO

Im reading 4chan now, I wonder why its still online.

Seems like no one notified ANYONE.

My 14-year-old tells me there is alot of psychopathic and illegal behavior on it because it's completely unmoderated. Hope the FBI monitors it from now on...

So it's being reported per CNN he had a prolific online presence and had issues with women/woman and rejection. Yet he asks what religion victims were??? That's going to be one heck of a profile to figure out.

I can't even imagine what was going through the minds of the people who were asked their religion and then shot and/or killed.

On one hand, I would want to state my religious beliefs but on the other hand, I would not want to get killed for answering and not giving the answer he was looking for.

know what I mean.

jmo

I think I wouldn't answer.

Looking forward to knowing how he obtained his weapons.

So it's being reported per CNN he had a prolific online presence and had issues with women/woman and rejection. Yet he asks what religion victims were??? That's going to be one heck of a profile to figure out.

The suspects or cnn's profile?

Irony: Alek Skarlatos; one of the 3 French Train Heroes, was enrolled at this college for this quarter until committing to Dancing with the Stars..
Interviewed live by Greta Van Susteren ON THE RECORD, Fox News..

Typical, typical. With the exception of religion, he sounds like so many others who've committed similar atrocities.

I want to know about his mental history too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75