OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will get shut down if we turn it into a gun control debate.

But I think the President's words are germane to this tragedy and others like it.

This guy had FOUR GUNS. I have no other comment. 10 innocent people lost their lives. If this were people dying because of no seat belts, we would have seat belt laws.

Oh. Wait....

There would have been more lives lost too if LE weren't armed with guns to stop him. But you're right, let's not turn this into a gun debate. It's pointless.

This gunman is known to the media, I believe that, but the agenda is what they are determining and how to spin it! Sickening!

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but Roseburg is about 6 hours from Seattle if my calculations are correct...2 hours to Portland and about 4 more hours to Seattle IIRC.

I am not sure of posting this but today I was at the Dr's for tests and my Docs are at University of NC.While I was waiting in the lobby I was sitting next to an elevator and stairwell.I started thinking about a gunman coming in from the elev. and shooting,I started thinking of different ideas as to where I would go,down the stairwell or in a back room and up through the ceiling.This was 1 hour before actual shooting.
So sorry for the victims and pray for families.I hope that mental health gets a spotlight in this,I think it gets pushed aside and the focus becomes gun control.

It is a sad day when these are the thoughts that occupy our minds.

I hate you even had to think about your safety and the all-too-common occurence of these types of rampage killings.

That said, I had a long talk with my teen daughter today about not living in fear, but always being aware.

Of course, guns make ME live in fear but I don't want my daughter to feel that way. It breaks my heart that this is the crap world she has to inherit.

Prayers to all the victims and their broken-hearted families and loved ones tonight. And all the students who witnessed the unimaginable. What a sad world.

It is a sad day when these are the thoughts that occupy our minds.

I hate you even had to think about your safety and the all-too-common occurence of these types of rampage killings.

That said, I had a long talk with my teen daughter today about not living in fear, but always being aware.

Of course, guns make ME live in fear but I don't want my daughter to feel that way. It breaks my heart that this is the crap world she has to inherit.

Prayers to all the victims and their broken-hearted families and loved ones tonight. And all the students who witnessed the unimaginable. What a sad world.

I don't want to live in fear and I am a perfect target,5ft./84 lbs. I took a concealed carry permit class.Not sure I will use it but glad I have the choice to protect myself.

How do you know they were obtained illegally? Isn't 20 old enough to buy guns?

I never heard anything about the guns being obtained illegally. But they just said on CNN you have to be 21 to have purchased the guns. And also, the news is questioning that the 20 year old maybe older then that. Anybody else hear that?

STOP ARGUING, agree to disagree. Nobody is going to change their point of view in this thread, what it will do is shut the thread down.

He said the people who can buy weapons legally should go through more hoops to get them, despite the fact that the shooter was not legally allowed to have a weapon due to his age.

This is US presidential logic?

Wait, Oregon's law is 18+ for guns, isn't it? The gunman was 20.

They were still guns that killed 10 innocent people and wounded 20 more, no?

Guns. Not rubber bands. I effing DESPISE guns. This is why. And someone will always find a way to crap on victims by claiming it ain't the guns what done kilt em.

Buh bye.

Why not direct the hatred towards the killer rather than a tool? He used a gun, he could have used a golf club, hammer, shovel, axe, knife, etc. The killer had the motive, the killer did the killing, the gun was simply the tool he chose.

eta: Not trying to argue, or change your mind. There is plenty to be angry about when 10 people were killed because they were Christians. But why does the killer get a pass b/c you dislike his choice of tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip