OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That says possess, not purchase, not the same thing.

I was addressing another poster's claim that the guns were illegally obtained/possessed. There is no link to support that, and in fact, there are many loopholes in which a 20-year-old can buy a gun or four.

I have not found any MSM article stating that the shooter obtained the guns illegally.

Why not direct the hatred towards the killer rather than a tool? He used a gun, he could have used a golf club, hammer, shovel, axe, knife, etc. The killer had the motive, the killer did the killing, the gun was simply the tool he chose.

eta: Not trying to argue, or change your mind. There is plenty to be angry about when 10 people were killed because they were Christians. But why does the killer get a pass b/c you dislike his choice of tool?

Please link where I gave this killer a pass on anything.

Thank you.

I have yet to see a Gun Control debate on the internet go smoothly.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

“The shooter was lining people up and asking if they were Christian,” she wrote. “If they said yes, then they were shot in the head. If they said no, or didn’t answer, they were shot in the legs.

What the WHAT??

So he gets extra fame for killing Christians, while the sinners live to tell his story? Or is sending the Christians to heaven? Or ... WHAT?!!

I can't even make sense of this.

This is strange the public doesn't have the shooter's name. Usually by now someone on SM has thrown the name out there. And I did hear it right on CNN, the age of the shooter is now in question. How is the age of the shooter in question, when they know who the shooter is, wouldn't you know the correct age?

I am just as sickened by all the people that cheered him on and gave him "pointers. Disgusting.

My daughter came by while I was watching the presser. I mentioned how surprised I was that he drove 400 miles to the crime scene. She said ' Are you kidding? 20 yr old guys LOVE to drive. He turned up the bass on his speakers, smoked a joint and psyched himself up...' ugh, that is probably a realistic description of the hours before the slaughter.

[video=twitter;649745954216771585]https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/649745954216771585[/video]

This is strange the public doesn't have the shooter's name. Usually by now someone on SM has thrown the name out there. And I did hear it right on CNN, the age of the shooter is now in question. How is the age of the shooter in question, when they know who the shooter is, wouldn't you know the correct age?

I think this is the new tack of the media to keep these types of killers' identities on the QT because it is a possibility that many of these types of killings stem in part from a desire for noteriety.

I agree with the sentiment, but not sure it will be effective, especially since most of these cowards also commit suicide, and thus never get to bask in the glory of their deeds.

Per CNN shooter guy has many videos on youtube and rants like a lunatic. It has also been discussed on CNN that this is a small town and info is coming out a bit slower than usual. Focus is on victims and family right now. As it should be. Per CNN. No link.

I've seen a lot of speculation that he's a 26 year old (on Twitter). I've also been seeing speculation (on Twitter) that he's Muslim, which is unfair. Historically, the mass shootings have been predominately by white males, and it's ignorant for people to jump to conclusions based on someone asking "what religion are you?" People quickly forget Eric Harris and Dylan asked similar questions.

It is odd we haven't gotten his name yet. As a society we are nosy I guess

Per CNN shooter guy has many videos on youtube and rants like a lunatic. It has also been discussed on CNN that this is a small town and info is coming out a bit slower than usual. Focus is on victims and family right now. As it should be. Per CNN. No link.

CNN is so useless. I think they've had the wrong guy all day.

My daughter came by while I was watching the presser. I mentioned how surprised I was that he drove 400 miles to the crime scene. She said ' Are you kidding? 20 yr old guys LOVE to drive. He turned up the bass on his speakers, smoked a joint and psyched himself up...' ugh, that is probably a realistic description of the hours before the slaughter.

I agree with your DD up until the "joint" part. If I smoked a joint, I wouldn't be able to pull a diet Coke tab much less a trigger, lol.

Not making light, but pot seriously makes me a lazy arse. And hungry.

Which is why I haven't smoked weed in 20+ years.

What the WHAT??

So he gets extra fame for killing Christians, while the sinners live to tell his story? Or is sending the Christians to heaven? Or ... WHAT?!!

I can't even make sense of this.

Ok, because people who aren't Christian are sinners?? Absolutely ridiculous. And I'm saying that as a Christian. Relax

26 Year old Chris Harper Mercer; 'Shooter'.. via Fox News Bill O'Reilly Live

as i warned earlier, it now seems to be confirmed that it is not that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member