OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, because people who aren't Christian are sinners?? Absolutely ridiculous. And I'm saying that as a Christian. Relax

I don't know how things work in his mind. Maybe he thinks Christians are perfect and going to heaven and sinners should have to stay on earth and talk about him.

Why do you think he made the distinction?

Relax.

So if the murderer is 26, why is it being said he illegally obtained the multiple guns? Is he a felon? I don't get it.

Well our movie plan just tanked. Hubby's Brother just dropped in for a coffee. So I will hang a bit with you fine folk. All violence is disturbing but for some reason these school shootings just send me over the edge. Parents sending their children off to an education and life lessons. Students embracing their Academics and College experience. And now they face this horrific memory due to a @!#*! that never had a life plan that did not include hate and killing.

I don't know how things work in his mind. Maybe he thinks Christians are perfect and going to heaven and sinners should have to stay on earth and talk about him.

Why do you think he made the distinction?

Relax.

I have no clue. Maybe he was a crazy atheist (just like there are also normal, kind, sane atheists and on the same token there are crazy Christians, not trying to make this a debate!) I'm just reminiscent of the columbine shooters, who were like, anarchists or something.

I'm so sad for those kids, though. I'd hate to die but I wouldn't lie about my faith. If I died for being a Christian, there are worse things to die for.

I wonder if this will be another mass shooting where Autism Speaks needs to remind the public that a low percentage of people with a high functioning autism commit crimes. I agree they need to do that to protect judgement and misunderstanding about autism and protect the innocent population diagnosed with autism or a related condition.

On the other hand, there is the small percentage of people with autism-like issues who have been bullied without any sort of mental health intervention, or even someone in authority making it stop, and find a ready online "support" group, like the one has been mentioned here and in the media.

Too many of those who have committed recent mass shootings have been identified with a disorder related to autism or sensory integration disorder, with a history of being a loner.

So if the murderer is 26, why is it being said he illegally obtained the multiple guns? Is he a felon? I don't get it.

I think it was probably based on his age being reported as 20. In most states I believe you must be 21 to purchase pistols.

ETA: oops accidentally selected a post

I'm not sure where the idea he got the guns illegally came in at all, other than as an argument to use against what Obama said about stricter gun controls. That's why I asked how old he was because I was sure he had to be over 18. If the guns were purchased legally then you get a different counter-point.

I wonder if this will be another mass shooting where Autism Speaks needs to remind the public that a low percentage of people with a high functioning autism commit crimes. I agree they need to do that to protect judgement and misunderstanding about autism and protect the innocent population diagnosed with autism or a related condition.

On the other hand, there is the small percentage of people with autism-like issues who have been bullied without any sort of mental health intervention, or even someone in authority making it stop, and find a ready online "support" group, like the one has been mentioned here and in the media.

Too many of those who have committed recent mass shootings have been identified with a disorder related to autism or sensory integration disorder, with a history of being a loner.

I want to be polite, but REALLY?

Please link a MSM article stating this crime was related to the murderer's autism.

Thank you.

I'm sick to death of people being labeled "autistic" after the fact when they'd never been diagnosed or received treatment. You can't diagnose someone who is dead and labeling a killer with a disorder makes people lump them all together.

I'm not sure where the idea he got the guns illegally came in at all, other than as an argument to use against what Obama said about stricter gun controls. That's why I asked how old he was because I was sure he had to be over 18. If the guns were purchased legally then you get a different counter-point.

It was wrongly reported by MSM that he was 20 y/o, you have to be 21 y/o to purchase a handgun. Therefore, it was assumed that he had obtained firearms illegally. There was no MSM stating he owned them illegally. Basically, misunderstanding based on misreporting.

I'm sick to death of people being labeled "autistic" after the fact when they'd never been diagnosed or received treatment. You can't diagnose someone who is dead and labeling a killer with a disorder makes people lump them all together.

Not to mention the harm it does to the public perception of people with ASD.

Out of left field and IMO not relevant here unless MSM reports that the killer was on the spectrum. And even then, autism is to rampage killing as blue eyes are to fear of potatoes.

Out of left field and IMO not relevant here unless MSM reports that the killer was on the spectrum. And even then, autism is to rampage killing as blue eyes are to fear of potatoes.

If it's not autism it's bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia. The media and public love to diagnose shooters with illnesses they (apparently) don't know much about.

I hope this shooter was just a regular ***hole and no one has to answer for him.

I dont have an answer. Yet a few suggestions however i dont want the thread shut down. Having said that the U.S. needs to take a hard look at why this is happening at such a rapid rate in the States. I'll leave that to the experts. I love the U.S. travel much there and have many U.S. relatives. Just to clarify I have nothing against the U.S. lol

Another presser coming up. No time stated.

Agreed 100% it makes me furious.

as i warned earlier, it now seems to be confirmed that it is not that guy
With reference to an earlier discussion about whether or not the name of a mass murderer should be released, this is one very good reason why the shooter has to be publicly identified, so that an innocent individual won't be mistakenly ID'd as a killer.

It was wrongly reported by MSM that he was 20 y/o, you have to be 21 y/o to purchase a handgun. Therefore, it was assumed that he had obtained firearms illegally. There was no MSM stating he owned them illegally. Basically, misunderstanding based on misreporting.

State Purchase of a Handgun13 Purchase of a Long Gun

Ohio59 21 18

Oklahoma60 18 18

Oregon61 18 18

34 more rows, 2 more columns
Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess Firearms Policy ...
smartgunlaws.org/minimum-age-to-pu...Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but Roseburg is about 6 hours from Seattle if my calculations are correct...2 hours to Portland and about 4 more hours to Seattle IIRC.
Not sure how far Roseburg is to Portland, but Portland isn't 4 hours from Seattle, more like an hour max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc