Found Deceased OR - Owen Klinger, 18, University of Portland, 6 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been thinking this from the start.
It's my understanding that Addy is essentially meth according to neuroscience. Many meth junkies started on Adderall. I don't know what Owen was into but if he was heading into St.Johns that would be the place to get either one I'm sure. Fred Meyers parking lot has campers at night there by McDonalds that frequent a dope house near by. Again Owen does not appear messed up in photos so I'm not theorizing on this either. I do want to point out that the coach and team mates have not really said anything about Owen. Been saying this from the start. Not sure about the hazing theory but I often wonder if team mates know something about his demeanor. Group texts could be from team mates which would make sense his parents not recognizing numbers. Do lacrosse players use meth or pharma dope? Recent articles apparently say they do.
I’ve always wondered about the lacrosse Coach and team members silence! The Coach put a find Owen poster on his Facebook page two days after he was missing. I would have expected more involvement in searches,etc by the Coach and it seems that team members would be putting up fliers. Their silence bothers me and I’m wondering if the crime Owen turned in could have involved a team member or the Coach?

I tell my kids that the “extra credit is mandatory”. Our schools integrate a wide range of abilities in one class. There are students that test well below grade level to kids that test well above grade level.

The teachers have said the mandatory assignments are tailored to the average students. Kids who struggle academically would be too frustrated withthe extra credit so they aren’t expected to do it.

My kids happen to be above grade level so I expect them to do the extra credit. It keeps them engaged and challenged.

It’s really not high pressure, it’s what the teachers recommended.
I was going to reply to this last night but I’m getting over bronchitis and I had hit my limit for being functional last night!
Anyway, I agree that encouraging your kids to do the extra credit when offered isn’t overbearing in any way. It’s a good thing. I think it sticks out to me that he chose to say THAT when writing a poem about his upbringing, home life, what makes him him. That it’s mandatory. No option to not do it. I guess he could have meant it in a good way, but I don’t think so. But it could just be how he perceived it and not how it really was, but I’m thinking it shows he was feeling pressure. Real or perceived.

I’ve always wondered about the lacrosse Coach and team members silence! The Coach put a find Owen poster on his Facebook page two days after he was missing. I would have expected more involvement in searches,etc by the Coach and it seems that team members would be putting up fliers. Their silence bothers me and I’m wondering if the crime Owen turned in could have involved a team member or the Coach?
Me too to all of this!!!

I've been thinking this from the start.
It's my understanding that Addy is essentially meth according to neuroscience. Many meth junkies started on Adderall. I don't know what Owen was into but if he was heading into St.Johns that would be the place to get either one I'm sure. Fred Meyers parking lot has campers at night there by McDonalds that frequent a dope house near by. Again Owen does not appear messed up in photos so I'm not theorizing on this either. I do want to point out that the coach and team mates have not really said anything about Owen. Been saying this from the start. Not sure about the hazing theory but I often wonder if team mates know something about his demeanor. Group texts could be from team mates which would make sense his parents not recognizing numbers. Do lacrosse players use meth or pharma dope? Recent articles apparently say they do.

Adderall is not meth. It's certainly not even close to being as addictive. This paper explains why.

Amphetamine and Methamphetamine Differentially Affect Dopamine Transporters in Vitro and in Vivo

FWIW I was given Adderall once. I stopped taking it one day, and noticed nothing. My understanding is that there's no way you can cold turkey meth.

Why do you think the Lacrosse team isn't involved in the search? They may be busy searching and letting others post on social media. Just because someone isn't posting about the work they are doing on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/etc. doesn't mean they aren't. Do you know for a fact that they aren't putting up flyers?

Adderall is not meth. It's certainly not even close to being as addictive. This paper explains why.

Amphetamine and Methamphetamine Differentially Affect Dopamine Transporters in Vitro and in Vivo

FWIW I was given Adderall once. I stopped taking it one day, and noticed nothing. My understanding is that there's no way you can cold turkey meth.

Why do you think the Lacrosse team isn't involved in the search? They may be busy searching and letting others post on social media. Just because someone isn't posting about the work they are doing on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/etc. doesn't mean they aren't. Do you know for a fact that they aren't putting up flyers?

It seems strange that there has been no communication in the school newspaper regarding this team doing anything and no statements, nothing in the press -no statements or pictures - no team pics of the team passing out stuff at search meeting sites or putting up fliers. It seems to me the Coach would have given a statement by now! The silence causes me to ponder?!

It seems strange that there has been no communication in the school newspaper regarding this team doing anything and no statements, nothing in the press -no statements or pictures - no team pics of the team passing out stuff at search meeting sites or putting up fliers. It seems to me the Coach would have given a statement by now! The silence causes me to ponder?!

That is not an answer. How do you know the coach or his team mates weren't part of the hundred+ people who searched for him? It's not like the Lacrosse team needs to wear their uniforms to search for him (and they wear shorts, not something you'd want to wear this time of year in the PacNW, not with highs in the mid-50s today.)

Speaking as a verified mental health professional and one my specialties is substance abuse. You always quit meth cold turkey. There is no tapering off of meth....there is little in the way of physical symptoms when one gets off it besides crashing. There is extreme irritability and psychological distress and there can even be lingering paranoia and delusions.

And Adderall is just as addictive as meth in people whose brain do not need legitimately need it. We have a huge Adderall addiction problem in the US and many addicts are turning to meth if they cannot procure Adderall.

Two things to consider in regards to the silence from his lacrosse teammates:

1) Last week was fall break at UP. The dorms clear out almost completely and most students go home or on vacation for the week, including out of state students.

2) Like I mentioned upthread, the lacrosse team at UP is a club sport. Doesn’t involve quite the same closeness as a varsity sport (which involves a lot more time, commitment, etc.)

Just considering all the facts here - I think the fact that Owen skipped a lacrosse practice and was evasive about it might indeed mean something.

That is not an answer. How do you know the coach or his team mates weren't part of the hundred+ people who searched for him? It's not like the Lacrosse team needs to wear their uniforms to search for him (and they wear shorts, not something you'd want to wear this time of year in the PacNW, not with highs in the mid-50s today.)
Not the OP but...I get what you’re saying, and we don’t know that the team hasn’t been looking for him. No official statements from them though. I think there could be something to the Lacrosse team angle though mainly b/c he dodged his roommates questions about practice and then skipped it. The same night he went missing and hasn’t been heard from since.
I also wonder about the “incident” and if that’s also involved w/Lacrosse & going missing. Just trying to put it all together, but obviously we don’t know if any of these elements are in play here.

Two things to consider in regards to the silence from his lacrosse teammates:

1) Last week was fall break at UP. The dorms clear out almost completely and most students go home or on vacation for the week, including out of state students.

2) Like I mentioned upthread, the lacrosse team at UP is a club sport. Doesn’t involve quite the same closeness as a varsity sport (which involves a lot more time, commitment, etc.)

Just considering all the facts here - I think the fact that Owen skipped a lacrosse practice and was evasive about it might indeed mean something.
Fall break could definitely explain some of the quiet.

Speaking as a verified mental health professional and one my specialties is substance abuse. You always quit meth cold turkey. There is no tapering off of meth....there is little in the way of physical symptoms when one gets off it besides crashing. There is extreme irritability and psychological distress and there can even be lingering paranoia and delusions.

And Adderall is just as addictive as meth in people whose brain do not need legitimately need it. We have a huge Adderall addiction problem in the US and many addicts are turning to meth if they cannot procure Adderall.

I think the adderall angle makes a lot of sense, also would kind of make sense why his roommate was waiting up for a study session and concerned so quickly if he knew Owen was getting them some for the night. I think the meth thing is a little too far right now.

I think the adderall angle makes a lot of sense, also would kind of make sense why his roommate was waiting up for a study session and concerned so quickly if he knew Owen was getting them some for the night. I think the meth thing is a little too far right now.

IMHO modafinil (Provigil) would be more effective at keeping them up, "shift work" is one of the main uses for the drug. Not sure about the availability of it compared to adderall, but adderall is schedule 2 (considered high potential for abuse) and modafinil is schedule 4 (low abuse potential.)

Wow great insight I hadn’t thought of this angle before but it’s a very plausible theory, makes a lot of sense. And I wasn’t aware of all that stuff about FM. My son is a UP freshman like Owen, and other than not going there yourself at night ( and 8:30 still seems pretty late to be going shopping especially by yourself) any other advice to offer?

No I do not but..
I would think a statement from the people he was supposed to be with last, but never made it there, is appropriate in this stage of the search. Meth and Adderall are very close in chemical structure. And are both amphetamines. As a result, they cause the same general effects on the body. Both drugs increase heart rate and make a person feel more alert. Quoted from drug rehab com.
Owen doesn't appear to be on dope so I'm not pushing any theory here. I would however like to hear from his peers what his demeanor was prior to his disappearance.

Regarding adderall, I just ended a seven year relationship with an adderall addict. He can’t even quit for a day. After you have been on it for awhile your seretonin and dopamine don’t trigger without it. It’s highly addictive. I have taken some before when I had a busy day and had no desire to take it the next day. I know my ex loves me, but he 100% chose adderall over me. His mother is also addicted. The one time she tried to quit she ended up in a mental institution for a month. Adderall is no joke. It may not be meth, but it is a highly addictive amphetamine that causes anxiety and can lead to phychosis, even at prescribed doses. MOO, of course.

LaCrosse is a club sport at U of P. It's not one of the sports teams, like soccer or basketball. That may be why you are perceiving a difference in the outward response. I think there was a team at one point, but it's not listed any longer www.portlandpilots.com.

They did post notice that he was missing, along with the poster, on their FB page: University of Portland Men's Lacrosse

That seems official to me, MOO.
Alright, point taken. :)

As I said, I mainly wonder if Lacrosse is significant in his disappearance because of the fact that he was evasive with his roommates about going to practice and then skipped it. And now he’s gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul
Back