OR OR - Paul Jensen, 51, Manzanita, 24 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I created this thread. I don't understand why this is not making local news in Portland. He lives in Portland. I used to work at the school and church where his kid attends. I only found out from a friend on FB whose kid is in same class. What someone else pointed out that is interesting is that he was staying at a friend's beach house, but he was supposed to go on a hike about 4 miles away. The hike was in a state park 4 miles away, so he would have driven to that, then started the hike, but his car was still at the house. I've been to Manzanita many times. Nobody hikes to the hike. Oregon coast is not a sandy beach like California or Florida. It has lots of rocks and not all beach is accessible.

last seen 1/24, Possible missing hiker ( getting this from the above post)
His car was found in Manzanita at friend’s beach house. He was planning to hike Oswald Park towards Cape Falcon on Friday and back by afternoon. Search party being organized.

Was this a planned hike? Did he hike often? Did he have equipment with him to camp? So many questions and not many answers that I can find.
jumping off your post, mrsNKY:
-was someone joining him on the hike? If so, had he already picked them up, or were they meeting him? If meeting him, where & when?
-were his hiking supplies/phone/wallet located in his car or in the friend's vacation home, or are those items missing also?
-is it known he entered the vacation home, or just parked there & vanished?

jumping off your post, mrsNKY:
-was someone joining him on the hike? If so, had he already picked them up, or were they meeting him? If meeting him, where & when?
-were his hiking supplies/phone/wallet located in his car or in the friend's vacation home, or are those items missing also?
-is it known he entered the vacation home, or just parked there & vanished?
Hello, new at this so forgive me if I make errors:)
This case bothers me because I live here at the coast, hike in all the mentioned places and believe I saw this man on Thursday, the 24th. I am not sure what protocol is for information but I spoke with the sheriff a few times, the police as well- I happened to pull into a lookout while they were doing a search and rescue with drones. I hope that he is found soon. It’s possible to take a bus I believe to a trailhead that hikes up and over the mountain and then down the other side- the trail heads down along cliffs for a ways- leading out to Cape Falcon. It’s unknown as far as I can tell how he got to the trail if he did, in fact hike.

I should clarify- a sheriff mentioned some details that I’m not sure are known to the public so I will not say them here, but do know the Search and rescue teams have been looking in several areas along the trail he was supposed to be hiking on Friday.
Could someone briefly inform me of the etiquette around information sharing?

I created this thread. I don't understand why this is not making local news in Portland. He lives in Portland. I used to work at the school and church where his kid attends. I only found out from a friend on FB whose kid is in same class. What someone else pointed out that is interesting is that he was staying at a friend's beach house, but he was supposed to go on a hike about 4 miles away. The hike was in a state park 4 miles away, so he would have driven to that, then started the hike, but his car was still at the house. I've been to Manzanita many times. Nobody hikes to the hike. Oregon coast is not a sandy beach like California or Florida. It has lots of rocks and not all beach is accessible.
Hello, I’ve looked and looked at the trail map- and it is possible to get to the main trail going up the mountain, then back down the north side and continue down along the cliffs and out to Cape Falcon. People do hike long sections of this coast trail.
It was said that he was a “hiker” to me by the sheriff so maybe he did plan a long hike. There is a coastal bus stop at the base of the road that leads up to the south trail going up Neahkahnie mountain. (It’s a half mile walk to the trail up a gravel road). You could walk the highway to two different trail heads to cape falsify, or three depending on if you wanted to hike down to Short sands first.. if I wanted a fun, long, scenic hike, I would do this length no question. I do chunks of this long trail often:)

Hello, new at this so forgive me if I make errors:)
This case bothers me because I live here at the coast, hike in all the mentioned places and believe I saw this man on Thursday, the 24th. I am not sure what protocol is for information but I spoke with the sheriff a few times, the police as well- I happened to pull into a lookout while they were doing a search and rescue with drones. I hope that he is found soon. It’s possible to take a bus I believe to a trailhead that hikes up and over the mountain and then down the other side- the trail heads down along cliffs for a ways- leading out to Cape Falcon. It’s unknown as far as I can tell how he got to the trail if he did, in fact hike.
Welcome COASTMAMA! I'm so glad you're in touch with the sheriff. If you can say, was Paul alone when you saw him? What was he doing? And, have you heard any updates that aren't showing up here yet? Pls & thx!

If it was, in fact Paul, he was alone. He was crossing the Main Street in Manzanita right by Vino, next to the Bread and Ocean Bakery. Im in town several days an week and can’t recall if it was Thursday or Friday. I, for some reason, really noticed him. I thought he was going to cross in front of
My car so I slowed and really looked. Not many fit, attractive older Asian men here that week..
I haven’t heard any updates other than they are sill searching (organized searches separate from the sheriff and police department).

If it was, in fact Paul, he was alone. He was crossing the Main Street in Manzanita right by Vino, next to the Bread and Ocean Bakery. Im in town several days an week and can’t recall if it was Thursday or Friday. I, for some reason, really noticed him. I thought he was going to cross in front of
My car so I slowed and really looked. Not many fit, attractive older Asian men here that week..
I haven’t heard any updates other than they are sill searching (organized searches separate from the sheriff and police department).
Hi coastmama - do you remember approx what time? I also sent you a pm if you want to contact me directly. Thanks!

PAUL-1-360x330.jpg

MISSING PERSON: Search continues for Paul Jensen in North Tillamook County

We have at least three missing "Pauls" on our WS. Paul Jensen, Paul Miller and Paul Batson. This is so sad. My son is a Paul and that, of course, has nothing to do with our missing men. I just wish we could get answers. I live on the central Oregon coast and haven't heard about this case, except on WS. My first thought is accident (fell off a cliff) or foul play. Then there is always self-harm and it breaks my heart to think of that. It is a mystery why they have not found a body or remains in any of these cases. Wondering: How difficult is it to disappear and create a new life, leaving no trace?

FEB 1, 2019
Search continues for missing man in Manzanita area
Jensen was driving a silver Toyota Tacoma before he disappeared. Posts on social media indicated that 52-year-old Jensen’s vehicle was found at the beach house of a friend who said Jensen planned to hike Oswald Park towards Cape Falcon and would return by afternoon on Friday, Jan. 25.

A search that immediately followed the discovery of Jensen’s vehicle was reportedly fruitless. He was reported missing to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 26 by family members.

Deputies: Vehicle belonging to missing Portland man found in Manzanita, search efforts continue
Jensen's vehicle was found in Manzanita on Jan. 27.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda
Back