OR - Public health emergency declared over measles anti-vax hotspot near Portland and NY, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cruise ship under measles quarantine in St. Lucia asking for 100 vaccine doses

An island health official said other people may have come in contact with an infected crew member.

OT: The Fairwinds was in port with our Princess vessel in the Caribbean a few years ago. We knew nothing about the Fairwinds that is owned by the Church of Scientology but learned from fellow passengers that cruises aboard Fairwinds are earned by those who have achieved the highest levels within the religious community.

A Scientology Cruise Ship Has Been Quarantined for Measles. Here's What to Know

Scientology does not have an official position on vaccines, Rev. John Carmichael, the president of the Church of Scientology in New York, said in an interview with Beliefnet. However, the church emphasizes the “harmful effects of drugs, toxins and other chemicals that lodge in the body and create a biochemical barrier to spiritual well-being,” according to its website. Some prominent opponents of mandatory vaccinations, including Kirstie Alley and Jenna Elfman, are also Scientologists.

Whopping cough, aka pertussis, can be prevented by a vaccine. I know that's probably obvious, given the topic of the thread, but just putting it out there in case anyone wonders. It's a vaccine that is part of the regular line-up that kids get.

jmo

Yes, it is. It's also suggested for people who will be around infants as well. This particular L.A. outbreak TERRIFIES me. :( My sister is due NEXT WEEK :p with her 6th child, her first boy.

Her 4th girl was stillborn. I'm absolutely terrified this little boy will get one of these vaccine preventable diseases before he can be vaccinated. Absolutely terrified.

This classic ‘Brady Bunch’ episode is now at the center of the measles vaccine debate

Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia, is upset that the 50-year-old episode is being used to bolster critics of the measles vaccine.

I would be too! Geez. If you have to go back 50 years to make your point... your point might not be very strong. :rolleyes:

I can relate to her frustration. Facts don’t matter. Severe issues with children who contract the illnesses do not matter.

They are putting everyone at risk.

I have anti vaxxers on my FB. They think we are stupid sheeples.

Yes. I have had to unfollow or unfriend them. It's just infuriating.

Unless you have tuberculosis, AIDS, or some other immune problem, if you were vaccinated for measles before 1968, go get another MMR vaccine. The immunity that you had as a child from receiving the vaccine may have diminished. There is no longer herd immunity to protect against you contracting the measles virus. You could become infected and spread it to your grandbabies before you even know you are infectious. You can spread measles virus 4 days before your rash appears verifying by sight that you have the measles virus. Measles is so contagious that you can contract it by just entering a room and breathing the same air that an infected person exhaled two hours earlier.
Adults who were vaccinated in the 1960s may need a measles booster

Do you possess your health records proving you had 2 doses of MMR vaccine when you were one and six years old? If not, then you will be quarantined for two weeks against your will if you are exposed to measles. Go get a booster MMR at your local pharmacy chain.

I saw someone at Walmart yesterday with a brand new, teeny, tiny baby. I am thinking, "Take that baby home!". No need to take out a newborn baby now, find someone to stay home with baby...and Walmart!

I plan to have my parents go get updated vaccinations. Both will be having surgeries in the next few months so it's a good idea anyway. We don't have any tiny babies around but you never know who you will be exposed to. They will both be happy to do it.

A Scientology Cruise Ship Has Been Quarantined for Measles. Here's What to Know

Scientology does not have an official position on vaccines, Rev. John Carmichael, the president of the Church of Scientology in New York, said in an interview with Beliefnet. However, the church emphasizes the “harmful effects of drugs, toxins and other chemicals that lodge in the body and create a biochemical barrier to spiritual well-being,” according to its website. Some prominent opponents of mandatory vaccinations, including Kirstie Alley and Jenna Elfman, are also Scientologists.

They may not admit to an official position but they sure as heck have an unofficial position that pharmaceuticals of most any kind have to be bad.

Not too long ago I was watching the Scientology channel (i know....why? LOL) and they had a special on called

"Psychiatry: An Industry of Death"

And yes it was all about how the entire phychiatry industry is evil and kills people. LOL

They made some good points in the special but there were also some glaring accusations and generalizations how the entire industry is bad and evil.

So I take whatever they say with a huge grain of salt.

Psychiatry: An Industry of Death - Wikipedia

Just heard this week that during the 60's there were several
batches of measles vaccine that were deemed not effective due to
methods of manufacturing.
So all those in their 50's may want to check this out.

Just heard this week that during the 60's there were several
batches of measles vaccine that were deemed not effective due to
methods of manufacturing.
So all those in their 50's may want to check this out.
I've wondered about this. I think the next time I see my doctor I'll ask him if I need a booster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back